ForumsGamesFlash Element TD 2

14 8542
Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

I truly dislike this game. I am usually a fan of Tower defense games. I can't claim to win all of them - for instance, I can't win Desktop Tower defense at the medium or harder levels.

But *this* game sucks. THe balance of the different components are all off. The creeps increase in hit points tremendously without similar increases in the bounty, which means that you don't get enough money to successfully upgrade your defenses.

The cost of the second tier of defense weapons is ridiculously high. So are their upgrade costs. And you don't always get that much additional firepower.

And how come the maximum levels of the sniper towers actually decrease their firing speed?

Forget it! It sucks!

• 14 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Your strategy is lacking something, perhaps in accruing interest. Money isn't much a matter when you can beat ~30 levels with only 1 turret and save up a lot of interest.

As far as I know, upgrading a sniper turret increases the firing speed firing every ~ 3.7 seconds instead of ~4.5

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Hmmm. My strategy must be lacking something. 1 turret for 30 levels? it must obviously be playing a different game

You have to start by purchasing either a basic arrow tower or a basic cannon tower. If you play the medium difficulty level, you have to position the tower in one of the beds, to maximize the amount of time the creeps are in the field of fire.

I'm going to try playing with either of those two towers for 30 levels and I'll report back here.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Here are my findings: (I'm updating this as I'm playing the levels.)

1. Basic Arrow Tower (cost $15). At this level it cannot defeat even the first wave of greys. After one upgrade it can easily defeat the first wave, earning $45. If you don't upgrade this tower for the second round, it will only kill the creeps on their way back after they started moving your elements. This does not bode well for the following waves, so I will restart and upgrade the tower one more time before the 2nd wave.

After the 2nd upgrade ($12 for the first and $19 for the second) I am now able to defeat the two rounds of greys. This leaves me with $69 after interest. I think it is mandatory to upgrade before the 3rd wave, since the groupers have 197 HP. So there goes another $31.

4 of the 3rd wave creeps got through and moved my elements. So the 101 hit points of the basic arrow tower is not sufficient to stave off the 3rd wave.

2. Basic Cannon Tower. This seems to be an even worse solution. This needs to be upgraded mid-level(when you have enough money) to defeat the first wave and even so your elents are being mocved. After the 2d wave both elemts have been moved and I sincerely doubt that the game is viable.

I tested it and it successfully defeated the 3rd level of groupers, but the 4th level (fast) stole one of my two elements.

So this game will not survive 30 levels either.

So. In the interest of the community. Please tell me and others how you play this game to 30 levels with one tower?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

For the medium level, you place a basic arrow tower in the center of one of those U turns, one square away from the edge on all sides. Upgrade to max and there should be no problem. They'll take the element, but they won't leave with it.

Beat the level after the first boss level. Sell your arrow tower and replace it with the chain gun, leave it un-upgraded up to the level when you go against ~1900 hp healers (Somewhere around level 19. you should have around 2k saved up). You can either upgrade a few times (one tower for the next several levels) or purchase a fire tower to be used in conjunction with the chain tower, but that's only if you want to defeat all of them. The creeps will take elements, but not leave with them, not until a boss level.

I'm not sure if it;s possible to beat the fast creep boss (the yellow one) with just one tower, regardless of how strategically it has been placed, so another tower is necessary. However, once that's done, either sell the extra tower or keep it around.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Thanks for your great advice. I'm checking it out now.

You know what else I really hate about this game? There is no Save option. Blegh!

trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

Karsten75-- do you like the original Flash Element TD? I have similar feelings towards this game, but I did enjoy the first one.

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

seems like almost the same thing.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, this game is quite unique. I let a creep go by once (yellow runners), and I'm like "oh sh-- I'm going to lose already?", but then I discovered that they had to come back with the element, and that their speed is halved. In my opinion, that makes the game a lot easier.

I really don't like playing in dare mode though, especially not double dare.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Karsten75-- do you like the original Flash Element TD? I have similar feelings towards this game, but I did enjoy the first one.

Never played the first game in the series. Just saw this one and thought I'd give it a try. From past experience with Bloons TD, I don't like playing th eolder versions once I tried the most recent version.

BTW, I managed to get to level 49 on Medium. I will post a walkthrough. Any advice on how to improve will be much appreciated.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The only use for sniper towers are against shifters and yellow runners, right? They don't work very well against red groupers.

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

The only use for sniper towers are against shifters and yellow runners, right? They don't work very well against red groupers.

Right. I don't think they even work well against runners, they are too slow. But they are the only things that can constantly fire on Shifters.

I think even so Sniper Towers are too slow.
lifeless2111
lifeless2111
8 posts
Nomad

very good game they should make a third game ill play it for shure

Cyco53
Cyco53
19 posts
Bard

so is there a best way to beat the game? i lost on the last level

rafa1
rafa1