ForumsWEPR[necro] Debate This!

21 15023
platinumfork
platinumfork
77 posts
Nomad

A well rounded mother had let her son play WoW (world of warcraft) for years. She is a strong Christian and so is he. Until recently she observes the Ozzy Osbourn commercials for the new Expansion: Wotlk (Wrath of the lich king). She then takes that information and decides it is evil; she takes that the devil is the lich king (arthas), and she will not let him play anylonger.

Is this a wise decision?
Or is this just ignorrance?

• 21 Replies
Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

I'd say its ignorance, if thats the only reason to forbid him playing WoW.
However if she already was fed up with it (son doesn't play outside anymore + son gains weight ect) and this was the last drop then it was wise.

However if she took the time to read Warcraft lore then she prolly found out that arthas isnt really a bad guy though.

Sep

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Pure ignorance lol.

Its actually funny

globdog76
globdog76
589 posts
Nomad

ignorance this is somthing conservitives and librels can agree on

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

One commercial means it's the devil after years of playing?

what's wrong wit dis woman's head..

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

Christians are dumb like that

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Are you not supposed to defeat the Lich king in the game (have not played it, so cannot remember what frineds told)?? Because if you are supposed to do so, well, winwin situation there for them, if she had let him play, right?

Oh well, rather weird like that, seemingly she never knew much about WoW in the first place.

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

no you do missions for him and you work for him as the new class.

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Link to original article?

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

That was funny really levended the mundality of my day. Complete ignorance on the Mother part.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Christians are dumb like that
I'd have to say that she's just a crazy and is not a good representation of non-crazy Christians.
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

What about the Christians who believe that if they don't admit/believe there is a physical injury to themselves, that they can faith it away?

What about the Christians who believe that Dinosaurs didn't exist and that God put their bones on earth as a test of faith?

People are stupid and will believe anything.

platinumfork
platinumfork
77 posts
Nomad

sry I forgot where I read this. Might have been a magazine. :~|

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Um, talo, people who believe that are crazy. Those people are blinded by "religion" and "Jesus-ness"...

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Christians who believe that if they don't admit/believe there is a physical injury to themselves, that they can faith it away

I am an absolute Atheist but I do that sometimes simple mind over matter. Christians-no faith needed.

What about the Christians who believe that Dinosaurs didn't exist and that God put their bones on earth as a test of faith?

I love that idea always makes me laugh ( doesn't help that Bill Hicks did a great bit on it at his Revelations tour). Anyway does that bother anyone? That God is messing with us; he's a prankster God. Gotta be depressing devout your whole life, get to the Pearly Gates and St. Peter asks "did you believe in dinosaurs" well yeah there were fossils everywhere! and your in hell. Great.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

My problem is that too many people get so caught up in religion and such that they start believing these kinds of things and lose the whole point of it all... >(

Showing 1-15 of 21