ForumsSupport ForumDrop the 30 second time limit between posts.

16 5301
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Some of us are actually capable of multi tasking and don't really want to wait 5 minutes to reply to ten different posts.

+1

• 16 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

You see, it is there to prevent people from spamming in on topic and abroad. Granted it may not work tothe fullest, it is still a buffer. It is not meant as an way to slow down just, fully able users. Besides, 30 seconds is the least amount of time someone should need to read the posts right before they post a response.

matsrulzbta
matsrulzbta
2 posts
Nomad

if the 30 second is dropped then people will start posting giberish just to get the points. points are supposed to be earned and if they come without any effort then the points themselves are worthless.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

idrumtomuch, Devoidless said it right. It prevents people from excessive spamming. This is a good rule. Your multitasking comment doesn't make sense.

Also, did you mean to misspell your member name?

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

i agree that it cuts down on spamming..a little bit, but there is one thing i have a question about. I could post something on a game and all i would have to do is refresh the page and i would be able to post again, and it hasn't been 30 seconds yet, i have used a stop watch to check. It only works on games though, i was wondering it this has happned to anyone else?

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

I guess my ability to read at greater than a 3rd grade reading levels simply makes it pointless for me to allow 30 seconds between posts.

Sorry.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

What does your reading level have to do with spam control? And obviously your reading level is low, because again, your username is misspelled.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Yer, the 30 second limit on ANY forum is important (though some don't have it) because while a few people may be able to read and type quicker than the site allows, the majority of people aren't hampered by the 30 second limit. If you really hate having to wait 30 seconds between posts, find something to do for half a minute... like learn that in the instance of your username, the "to" should be "too". In case you couldn't tell what they were on about in telling you it was spelt inkorectlee.

Skidzy
Skidzy
35 posts
Nomad

we shouldnt drop the 30 seconds, but reduce them. and besides, if a spammer does occur to think they can flood. i think AG will do something

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Obviously my username is not misspelled.

You don't know where it came from.

I could be drumming to much, as in directed toward much.

Much could be anything I wanted it to be.

It seems to me like your user name is misspelled to me. Except I am capable of handling the fact that it probably has some meaning to you which is why it is spelled the way it is.

Thanks for once again attacking me, and proving your failure as a moderator to be impartial.

BeastH6
BeastH6
17 posts
Nomad

One time I was posting and accidentally hit Enter or something ans it posted half of my unfinished post so I couldn't delete my Post cause theres no function to do so and i had to wait the 30 seconds it was kinda bothersome I was hoping no one read the cut off post and thought I was incapable of completing a Intelligent post :P But I think it should be 15 seconds thats enough to deter any spammers or bore them at they're unefficient spammage without hindering the people who use these forums kindly.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

idrumtomuch, please stop with your attacking comments, or you will no longer be allowed to comment. As I said on the thread you started earlier, if you have an issue with someone, direct it to them specifically. The forums are not a place for you to act offensively towards other members.

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

I haven't attacked anyone..

thebest300
thebest300
42 posts
Nomad

dude...NEVER.
the 30 sec rule will never be droped.
You see...i was one of the people that was a member when the sight came on.(really i was looking at the sight for 2 years before that but...)
I was here when there was no limit on posts.
IT WAS CRAZY!!!!!
a ton of crazy people had MILLIONS of comments.
i even made a post(not here anymore) of the people who were spaming big.
one fag i rember who was jimmy posted
so much stuff on my char sight that my com crashed when i tryed to open it up.
at the time we could not del anything on our own char stuff so the admins were swamped. I got jimmy baned from the sight but he came back.e.a. his name was jimmy155 he came back with new profile as jimmy156.
he posted all over my info list, but this time he posted hundreds of "your a fag"
it will NEVER get droped. Never!!

lamas_own
lamas_own
103 posts
Nomad

ya people would just talk random to get points

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

The 30 second time limit is a huge pain in the toosh for me, probably the same for anyone else who can type fast.

Showing 1-15 of 16