ForumsForum GamesGalaxy Online Beats OGame

3 2770
upupeng
upupeng
9 posts
Nomad

Iâm an SLG fan, from PC games to MMO games, I tend to choose simulation and strategy games. I'm more familiar with EVE and OGAME but a couple of days ago I found out about a game called Galaxy Online. From the introduction and amazing screenshots I found it had many similarities to OGAME, although OGAME is a web game. It looked as if Galaxy Online was like an updated version of OGAME.

Both games feature a galaxy that you need to build, and provide different kinds of construction functions to produce resources. The basic functions are included in both games, like constructing, exploring, Ship-building, Fleets, Technology, Defense, leadership and more. But OGAME didnât have a chat system, and so it isn't really easy to communicate with other players, and I could see that Galaxy Online has more real planets and galaxies.

There are a huge number of galaxies on the Galaxy Online map. Players can access each galaxy through the designated transport routes. The real difference between the two games is that Galaxy Online features real-time strategy, while OGAME relies upon battle reports. In Galaxy Online, you need to think about weapon-loading time, defensive parts initiation, moving distance and firing range, not the system AI.

Furthermore, OGAME is supposed to be a game of chaotic fighting between players, but Galaxy Online, I would say, is more massive and has more factions (6). We can take part in a war individually or as part of a faction. I stopped playing OGAME because my house was destroyed by other players. At least in Galaxy Online, I can team up with other players to make sure that my base is always protected.

Galaxy Online is more than I expected from a game, and I didn't expect it to challenge OGAME, but it really has. I hope to see the launch of more features and gameplay soon!

• 3 Replies
ablu2
ablu2
728 posts
Nomad

OH MY GOD WILL SOMEONE BAN EVERY NOOB WHO MAKES A NEW RPG?!?!?!?! I mean seriosly this forum is FLOODED with nooby rpgs >.>

upupeng
upupeng
9 posts
Nomad

oh ! why you said that ?

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

Is it just me or am I seeing "Galaxy Online" threads everywhere in the community

Showing 1-3 of 3