ForumsForum GamesEveryones making rpgs

31 5830
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

So, this is sorta like nonames everyones spamming thread. There are way too many rpgs. we really need to cut back. No one can play that many. and no one wants to.

• 31 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

People get excting ideas about a sorta cool story line they make an RPG. There are a lot of people so lots of RPGs.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It would be nice with a stg instead, since they are more interesting.
People might have interesting ideas, but most rpgs seems like they are dublicates, because of the way it is build up. Most of it seem to be killing stuff and survive, or kill the other and survive.

Adamantine
Adamantine
30 posts
Nomad

Welllll..

Forum games are going to be either RPGs, or fun little weird things.

Try and think of another type of game that would work with only typing...I dare you

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

i like RPGs, they're fun to make up and fun to participate in. although some have been abandoned and need to be removed.
as long as one person doesnt start too many then its all good.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, for some kind of reason I started the first RPG, and right after that the forum games was created...not sure how that links..

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

you knwo what? don't post this in this thread, here are some reasons.

1.POSTS DON'T GIVE U POINTS HERE, GET OVER IT.
2. this IS a game thread, we can do whatever games we want, rpgs being basicly the only one thats one.
3.this is not a spam about rpg thread, its a forum game thread.

so don'e make pointless threads like this.

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

Yes for the second to you have a point, but for the first one, we all know that, and please dont type in all caps.

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

The point is that it would be nice is some people made forum games that were creative, for like cnere said. most rpgs are duplicates, with the same structure.

jalte
jalte
1,925 posts
Nomad

since you complaining lets see you make something better or an idea

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

look at my travlice, i draw out a map and u use options, is that 100% rpg?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

since you complaining lets see you make something better or an idea

Dacer, go to the art section, find the MWT. That is a STG. I do not know about your rpg, but to me it looks like any other rpg on this site.

look at my travlice, i draw out a map and u use options, is that 100% rpg?

A Role Playing Game usually let the player choose for himself, instead of putting up different choices. There is not much creativity in those games, unlike "real" rpgs or stgs.
There is no freedom for the character, and, though some GMs hate it, a little action play is not bad, and it makes the play more interesting.

Roleplayinggames:
GM:<description of surroundings>
P:<alternatively questions about the setting; or else, the action>

Most here are:
G:<setting, options>
P:<chooses option>

So, yeah. Not 100 percent rpg from my point of view, but people seem to care less.
Adamantine
Adamantine
30 posts
Nomad

No-one answered my question, I'll assume my point was good.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

if you would actually read it, after getting a job, u get to make ur owns choices, and don't critisize, my rpg currently has the most business :P

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah it does seem like RPG's have filled up the forum games section for quite awhile,and truthfully I agree with Cenere that STG's are a bit more fun for forums,and I'm not saying this just because I'm in the top 2 people of it,but really alot of the RPG's really have nothing original to them and they feel generic to a sense.It isn't as much of a problem of spam for me,as much as clogging up the forum with threads about RPG's when I personally think there are plenty of forum games that are good ideas that get clouded over by random generic RPG's.Of course I will have a look at a few of them for the benefit of the doubt,but I have a feeling that none of them will have anything too original to it though,but I am not going to assume too much yet...

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

before this thing goes on, whats an STG?

Showing 1-15 of 31