ForumsForum GamesHaven City (Zombie RPG)

19 4148
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

You hear a sudden noise as you wake up in you wake up, a groaning, and stumbling of sorts. You get out of the bed, in a rush to see if your parents are safe. Your eyes see something you don't want to beleive, something that you absolutely wish wasn't true. Their flesh...it was moldy, almost green. They were making groaning sounds and were madly groaning and rushing towards you with their arms out, you scream in terror as you see the kitchen knife. Tears in your eyes, you stab your loving parents in the face. Somehow, someway, you know there is a zombie apocolypse. You hear Sirens outside, yelling "All people run! Run to Haven city! There is salvation from the zombies! Go! Go!"

Ok, so welcome to Haven City, the Zombie RPG here on Newgrounds. Though I am mainly known for being the founder of the ZSC and the Goliath Syndrome, this RPG incorporates several different viruses (note that here, you cannot submit your own virus to be used).\\
Character sheets go like this -
Character name:
Character Age:
Class: (choose from either Civilian, Military Man, or Farmer)
Attack: (you must divide all stats out with ONLY 20 points)
Defense: (you must divide all stats out with ONLY 20 points)
Evasion: (you must divide all stats out with ONLY 20 points)
Speed: (you must divide all stats out with ONLY 20 points)
Small Description: (what your character wears, height, weight, facial hair, etc. etc.)

All classes have different abilities and start off traits, each character also has to be at LEAST 16 years old.
Military Man: The military man starts off with a standard issue Barreta Tomcat Pistol. Military men have served at least 1 year in the army and at the beginning you have a 10% chance to know how to fly a Helicopter (extremely useful). Military men Need little to no food.

Civilian: A common civilian, civilians can open doors and pick locks better than Military men, but require more food. Civilians have a 50% chance to know how to pick a lock at the beginning of the game.

Farmer: Farmers grow their own food, and are very useful when they reach Haven city, Farmers have a 100% chance to grow food every week, and are normally strong from intensive labor. Farmers have a 60% chance to make quality food at the beginning of the game.

Stats Tutorial:
Stats are extremely important in this dire time. Attack determines how much damage your going to do should you hit an enemy, Defense Determines how much damage you will take if YOU are hit. Evasion lowers the chance you or an enemy will take a hit. 20 evasion means that you only have a 50% chance to hit/be hit. Speed hightens your chances TO hit, 20 speed means that you have a 50% chance to hit/be hit.

Battle System:
The battle system is pretty simple, I use the stats you have collect from level ups, random experiences that I decide to throw in, and determine the chances to hit/miss, and then use a system to find out whether or not you do hit/miss (most commonly going to be a coin). Now then, for attack and defense, whatever defense points you may have nullifies any attack points your enemy has. I.E. You peek into a room to see 3 Goliath Syndrome zombies! They attack you with 10 Attack and you have 5 defense! It hits! You take 5 damage....
So that is the battle system.

Now then, Zombies are everywhere, and there are several variations of the viruses, there is the Hunger Virus (contact Cenere about the "Hunger" Virus, as she knows more about it than I do), there is the Goliath Syndrome, Tunnelers, Project Anthemia, G-Virus, Excel Virus, and the Horders. Breeders as well (Contact Codename: MudPuddle).
Here's a list of zombies and their abilities:

Tunnelers: Tunnelers have the ability and smarts to tunnel into the ground. They make small screeching noises, and when they tunnel into sand, you can tell they are there by small whirlpools within the sand. They all have blue eyes and are commonly found in deserts of all kinds.
Tunneler Attack: 10
Tunneler Defense: 10
Tunneler Evasion: 20 (50% chance to miss)
Tunneler Speed: 20 (50% chance to hit)

Excel Virus Zombies (E-Virus/EVZ): The EVZ's are extremely fast, and you cannot run away from them. They always hit, but have very low attack. They are found mainly in cities, and can run anywhere. They have moderate jumping and climbing ability, and instead of spreading the virus, they just rip you apart.
EVZ Attack: 2
EVZ Defense: 2
EVZ Evasion: 10 (75% chance for you to hit)
EVZ Speed: 40 (100% chance it to hit you)

G-Virus: G-Virus is a deadly virus, and the zombies have amazing speed, which will hit you no matter what, and also can only be hit with close hand combat. However, it is easy to outsmart G-Virus zombies, and run away. You must, however, have some sort of meat (rotten or not) with you in order to do so. They always hit for 5 damage.

It takes 20 turns to get to haven City, and each turn you can and cannot die, you can take a "sub turn" but you must notify me, sub turns mean set camp, and you will need another day before you can take the turn again, however, with subturns, you have a chance to heal, and get more stats/weapons.

I Will be waiting at haven city. Make your character sheet and I will make your first turn.

• 19 Replies
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

Character name: dacer
Character Age: 16 (july 18th xD)
Class: civilian
Attack: 8
Defense: 2
Evasion: 6
Speed: 4
Small Description: 5'4'' blond hair, waved back in a excellent style, buff, and smart, not very quick

i can already see the complications is gunna lead to a dead thread.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

um, also NEW GROUNDS? palgurized? or remade? and how often are u gunna update this thread...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

um, also NEW GROUNDS? palgurized? or remade? and how often are u gunna update this thread...

heheh, my bad, it's original, because the Goliath Syndrome is mine and mine only. I even have a copyright. I meant ArmorGames. lol. I am going to update the thread every single day at about...2 o' clock AG time.
Small Description: 5'4'' blond hair, waved back in a excellent style, buff, and smart, not very quick

Alright, make sure to keep that somewhere safe so neither you or I lose it.
i can already see the complications is gunna lead to a dead thread.

if there is anything you don't understand, please tell me. I explained it well...I don't see why someone wouldn't figure it out.
(as far as the hit/miss system, I use percentages in order to allow strategy in this, instead of just crap where you just randomly say something with the choice). Don't worry of how it was made with your hit/miss, because that is MY JOB.

Dacer, please don't nadbash me just because you didn't get into the ZSC.
jalte
jalte
1,925 posts
Nomad

Character name: Mc Loven
Character Age: 17
Class: (Military Man
Attack: 5
Defense: 5
Evasion: 5
Speed: 5
Small Description: a guy with black hair, gold eyes, and a scar all the way down his back like this\\
\\
\\
\\
\\

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

no action yet? arent you spose to make my first move towards the city, and i understand, i mean other people might not :P s'all good bro, past is past.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Aaanyways, I'll make your first move dacer,

Btw, with your stats, you have a character with 35 HP.

You take the knife out of your fathers eye and pick it up, to your left you see a backpack and a broom. Using the backpack pick any amount of items (SO LONG AS IT FITS IN A BACKPACK, medium) that you would find in the common household. you can carry one thing besides the knife in your hand, and be creative. You CAN make weapons, just have to think of how you would make it, and see if you have the supplies, now then, the items you will put in your backpack are all your STARTING items, I wouldn't take all weapons, because there IS a hunger factor in this game, and 2 turns normally represent 1 day.
(after you pick your items)
You head outside, and see many police officers fighting for their lives, they could really use some help, they are being attacked by 3 Goliath Syndrome Zombies (Common, easy zombies that groan and walk, they can only smash open doors).
Do you Help them with your current weapon? (knife +3 attack, 50% chance for stat upgrade/special event)
Or ignore them and escape? (no chance for a special effect or upgrade, but HP will not be affected)

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Character name: David Makisupa
Characer Age: 22
Class: Farmer
Attack:6
Defense:4
Evasion:4
Speed:6
Description: Heigh: 5'6" Weight: 145 lbs Characteristics: short brown hair, brown eyes Build: average, a little on the skinny side, but muscular.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

HP:35/35
items:
right hand: kitchen knife mom loved this knife...
left hand: butcher knife dad loved this knife...
backpack medium:
7 slots
(large piece of steak form the fridge
(matches
(newspaper (tinder)
(a small bag of fruits
(our first aide kit
(salt (zombies hate salt right?)
(dads .50 hand cannon he liked resident evil 4 to much to make this...

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

oh and i'll help them.... for sure. i want their cars so bad. i'd rather not walk.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

did it already die? o.O

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

items:
left hand: butcher knife dad loved this knife...
backpack medium:
7 slots
(matches
(newspaper (tinder)
(a small bag of fruits
(our first aide kit
(salt (zombies hate salt right?)

Salt...not really needed, but will keep your meats fresh should you get hungry in the upcoming turns. You lucked out.

Ok, so then, 3 Goliath Viruses, they attack you for 10 damage. They hit for 8 damage, you attack them for 8 damage...you hit for 3 damage. They attack you for 5 damage, they miss. You attack and kill 1 for 3 damage. The cops fight off the rest.
*flips coin*
They give you one of your guns and a canister of ammo! They cannot use the car, because it is both out of gas and the street is filled with chaos.

You continue to your next destination, the center of the city.
Take a sub-turn? (50% chance to get a special event)
Or continue? (no chance for a special event)
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

items:
left hand: standared hand gun
butcher knife dad loved this knife... (dropped!)
backpack medium:
7 slots
(matches
(canister of ammo (small) 20/20 ammo
newspaper (tinder) dropped!
(a small bag of fruits
(first aid kit
(salt

il take a sub turn fo sure!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

The Gun has a range bonus (you get to shoot twice during battle), and has +10 damage.

You duck into the nearest building, seeing what you might find. You, luckily, found not guns or ammo, BUT A CAMP SET! This, however, cannot fit in your backpack, so you decide not to take it. Looking through the cafeteria, you find some water bottles! Now then, how are you going to barricade yourself? There are 3 full bookcases, and a dresser with nothing in it.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

items:
left hand: standared hand gun
butcher knife dad loved this knife... (dropped!)
backpack medium:
7 slots + 2 water bottle slots
(matches
(canister of ammo (small) 20/20 ammo
(a small bag of fruits
(first aid kit
(salt
[water slot] full
[water slot] full

all three of the cases are puled down and used as cover and i'll break the dresser apart into tiny TINY pieces and light it on fire, using some moldy fruit from the cafitiria.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

Attack: 8+10
hp: 27/35

maybe i should have taken some ammo for my handcannon xD

Showing 1-15 of 19