ForumsSupport ForumDonations

7 3430
WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

Was wonderin'.. if ArmorGames put up a little box for donations using PayPal, or something similar, it could eliminate many of the ads on the site and increase some performance on games.

Tell me what you think.

• 7 Replies
deadlymanz
deadlymanz
66 posts
Nomad

Good idea. The ads are annoying anway

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Most people would not donate however, and I don't think enough people would buy things from the store to make that plausible. The ads are the way that this site runs. No ads, no free games! So unless they start charging people to play on this site, ads are a necessity.

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

Awwww.. I'd gladly donate to AG . But more than likely most people wouldn't donate.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Here's my idea - do like some websites do and do a premium service, where you donate, ads are turned off for a set period.
Of course, that ends up leading to things like golden nameplates, extra appearance features... in the long run, eventually leads to "you can't play game x unless you pay amount y".

Ryano123
Ryano123
12 posts
Nomad

PayPal is a good idea. I was thinking, get better advertisements if you're gonna post them.

BeastH6
BeastH6
17 posts
Nomad

Yea I think you should be able to donate whether it affects anything or not more money for them and I don't really mind the ads but if you could donate for some points that would be cool too like 5 points per dollar I know it seems low but if it was a lot higher people would spam it

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

No. Baaad.

All this talk of donations and added benefits because of it remind me of all too many other sites and game that tried that, but due to it ruined the spirit of free games. Start giving points or such to people who pay and you will end up with thousands of kids ending up on the top 10 without doing anything while spending all their lunch money here. So unless you want to spread hunger, no.

Showing 1-7 of 7