ForumsSupport ForumRe: Missing games

262 75832
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

We've received several reports of popular games such as Amorphous+ going missing, which I'm sure must have been most distressing for many of you!

Fear not, I think we've figured out why this has been happening. As you know, more developers have recently been working on optimising the site so that it doesn't 'lag so much' and 'break' (both common and valid complaints we hear about), after which the administration will be able to implement changes to the site much more easily.

A side-effect of this is that certain game files might go missing. As far as I know, they were not intentionally deleted, nor is it a permanent loss, as we should be able to recover them as soon as we figure out precisely what's going on.

In short: your favorite game missing? It's not gone forever: We'll get it back soon!

• 262 Replies
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

Uhm, here's a question...When?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Unfortunately we don't have a date for that, but we'll keep everybody posted. Please be patient.

Matthewest
Matthewest
256 posts
Nomad

Thanks Strop. I was wondering why some games were missing... Hopefully it will all be for the better in the short term.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

And Amorphous+ has been safely returned, no save files going invalid or anything (thankfully, I'm at 99 awards >_&gt.
Dunno if there's others missing atm~

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

How did they go missing??

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

How did they go missing??

Read, my boy. He said they are going through the process of trying to make the site less lag-ish. Some game files might be lost, but eventually returned.
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Oh,sorry thanks for saying that.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Oh,sorry thanks for saying that.

It's okay, it was an honest mistake.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

What about super old games that have gone missing, like Achilles and many others? Will they ever come back?

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

Havent played that quite yet. I guess i will when it is returned.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Amorphous+ is back?
Isn't that sweet?

I'm still confused about the old games though.
Also, Cell Warfare seems to be a copy of Amorphous, is it just a coincidence it was released at this time?

Silver_Spark
Silver_Spark
2 posts
Nomad

Hi, um... Name's Silver_Spark, long time gamer, first time poster. I'm a huge fan of Bubble Tanks 2 and recently (like yesterday, or the day before), it's only been letting me play some kind of reduced content version. As the game loads it says "Click Here to Play EC Version! Only at Armor Games!"

Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm fairly certain I'm already at Armor Games. Is this related to the optimizing of the site?

Thanks

-Silver_Spark

mysticjoshgaming
mysticjoshgaming
13 posts
Nomad

dude wrong place for the first post
http://armorgames.com/community/new-topic/49

Spetnaz
Spetnaz
1 posts
Nomad

Wow really games have gone missing? I never noticed and i have been long on this site.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Lol it was actually a valid question disguised as a first post!

it's only been letting me play some kind of reduced content version. As the game loads it says "Click Here to Play EC Version! Only at Armor Games!"

Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm fairly certain I'm already at Armor Games. Is this related to the optimizing of the site?

My guess is that it probably is. I'll make a note of it.
Showing 1-15 of 262