ForumsForum GamesRealm of Rydanor

140 28494
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

hey! about my third RPG now. but i hope this one will be popular. ive spent a bit of time thinking it out. I have a website.

please go to this site to play the game!

(incase that didnt work, http://www.freewebs.com/realmofrydanor/index.htm )

i shall post the story here, as well as on the website. please do read it and visit the site!

The Brief History of Rydanor
A lone tower stood. Ivy growing so thickly over it that the wood and stone of the tower could barely be seen. A small moat surrounded the bottom of the building. A drawbridge heaved itself down and landed on a dusty path. As the sky churned and grew dark, a man on a grey horse emerged out of the dank darkness within. He wore a sour look on his face and a dull black cloak billowed around him.
He galloped off to the east and arrived at the market in Galladin. This village was just outside Conclave, home to some of the most charming centaurs you could hope to meet. As the man passed, young children leered and grown men made snide comments.
"Get outta it Ryd, you don't belong here and you know it."
The man looked on.

Rydanor was his name. Son of Byronar, once wealthy ruler of Karunan City. Until such a time came when the governors of the North felt the power had gone to his head. They sought to rid him of his kingly status and put their own men in charge, but Byronar would not come quietly.
As Byronar and his family were sleeping, the men came and took him. Byronar awoke and became angry, he fought back. However, in all the commotion, one man fired an arrow into the cluster of wrestling men. There was a shout and all men backed away.
Byronar knelt on the ground, clutching his heart and screaming, "Such an untimely death! My son, you will avenge me!"
He lay still.

Rydanor had been just sixteen when his father died. He was so upset with grief that he had forgotten what his father had asked of him.
Until now, when he looked upon the face of his tormentor and recognised him as the man who had carried the bow.
Rydanor lost control. Leaping off his horse he drew his sword and cut the unfortunate man's head clean off. Several women screamed.
"Father, now is the time for me to avenge you!"

-Two Years Later-

Among the city of Byronar there was much spite and fear. Men and creatures alike would slave over many shrines, temples and crypts for Rydanor the Dark, the powerful ruler of Byronar. Having consumed much hatred and contempt towards everyone who had belittled him, Rydanor had created a dark power so menacing, no being would stand up to his might. He would sent his armies of Golems, Serpents and other merciless beasts to slay innocent creatures who stand in his path. Do no work and you will become snacks for his favourite ghastly minions.

Now, should you accept, you and your fellow team members could unite and create a force so strong that together you can take down the legend that is the Realm of Rydanor.

• 140 Replies
devos12
devos12
1,352 posts
Nomad

Name:leith
Race:lycan
Level 1
Exp: 0/5
HP: 30/30
Mana: 50/50
Strength: 4
Defence: 4
Intelligence: 2
Bravery: 2
Weapon: none
Armor: none
Skill: none

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

sure you can play. i'll add you in when the other 2 decide to post.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Nameimsum
Race:Minotaur
Level 1
Exp: 1/5
HP: 27/30
Strength:4
Defence:5
Intelligence:1
Bravery:2

Attack Huge Cave Bat 3 5/10 HP

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Huge Cave Bat 3 5/10 HP
Huge Cave Bat 4 10/10 HP
Huge Cave Bat 5 10/10 HP
Lyza - 30/30 HP
Dimsum - 27/30 HP
Baddjjuu - 27/30 HP

Dimsum attacks Huge Cave Bat 3
Huge Cave Bat 3 takes 6 damage!
Huge Cave Bat 3 falls!
Huge Cave Bat 3 drops 1x Small Healing Potion!
Dimsum gains +1 Exp

Huge Cave Bat 4 and Huge Cave Bat 5 suddenly change tactics and attack Lyza. taken by surprise, Lyza is knocked out.
-20 HP
She awakens and realises she was not cut out for this. She turns and flees.

The last 2 bats retreat a little distance away. Baddjjuu looks around and sees nothing but darkness from the back of the cave.
Just then you hear a low growling. A huge wolf, standing tall on his two hind legs, leaps out from the shadows and tears a bat from the roof to shreds!
NEW PLAYER!
Leith, a lycan.
Leith gains 1 Exp from defeating Huge Cave Bat 4

Stats
Huge Cave Bat 5 10/10 Exp
Baddjjuu 27/30
Dimsum 27/30
Leith 30/30

Player Turn
-----------------------------------------------------------
NEW
instead of individual players carrying items, there will be an inventory full of all items you have obtained.

Inventory
1x Small Healing Potion (+10 HP)

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Name: Alt
Race: Lycan
Level 1
Strength: 4
Defence: 4
Intelligence: 2
Bravery: 2
Hey jezz, can I join?

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

sure of course *changes story*
Before either of you can respond to anything, another huge wolf creeps out from the back of the cave. He stands there in shadow, with one hairy leg forward in the pool of moonlight from a hole in the cave ceiling. He growls as his hackles rise.
Swiftly swinging his neck up and devouring the last of the Huge Cave Bats, he tosses the remainder of the frail bat body to the floor.
Dimsum shifts his foot.
The wolfs head snaps up and stares Dimsum straight in the face. He prowls over and..
"I am sorry, i cannot control it, it is in my nature to be vicious." the werewolf explains,
"i have been keeping to the shadows, observing this battle, but when i saw your lovely female companion getting hurt and running away I just had to join this battle. I thought you didnt care. I must have been wrong. It would be best if we all toughen up as i have feeling there is far worse to come."

NEW PLAYER
Alt, a lycan, gained +1 Exp from killing the Huge Cave Bat 5

Inventory

------------------------------------------------------------
Walking further into the cave you come to a choice. There are four different paths to take.
Alt tells you that the path on the far right is a dead end and the path next to it is where he came from.
Do you take the left path, the middle path, the path Alt came from or the dead-end?

TYofLER
TYofLER
472 posts
Nomad

Name:Tyler
Level 1

i wish to play also =D thank you

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

let's go to the dead end, explore the region to it's fullest.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Sure, lets go to the dead end :O.

zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

im really interested in this and i have to be honest... i have no background in this kind of thing but i would love to learn and if someone has the time and energy i would love for you to help me out a bit

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

So you travel down the path that allegedly leads to a dead end.
Alt was right.
It is a dead end. On first glance...
One of you hears a noise coming from the right wall.
how do you investigate the noise?
(hint: listen, knock)

Inventory

sorry for no options. its just i'd rather you think strategys and ideas than just pick options i give you.
also. now its time for you to get items xD
sure Tyler you can join, just wait for the next few actions so i can fit you into the story.
zillacutz
you can join!
here is your character sheet:
Name: (choose)
Race: (choose)
Level 1
Strength: (its on the character page)
Defence: (its on the character page)
Intelligence: (its on the character page)
Bravery: (its on the character page)

also, could i ask you not to choose a Minotaur, Gryphon or a lycan please!

once you have chosen, just post your character stats and i can fit you in the story.
IMPORTANT!
could you post your sheet with every post OR at least post your sheet once a page?

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Nameimsum
Level 1
Exp: 2/5
HP: 27/30

Um... I'm gonna walk towards the noise.

Zachattack16
Zachattack16
193 posts
Nomad

Jezz it would be very sweet of you to come play my RPG Land of Mystella.

I need your expertise

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

okay well uh...
Dimsum walks towards the noise and it gets louder. There is a thumping on the wall.
Dimsum thumps back on the wall and it starts to crumble. Dimsum and Baddjjuu pull apart the wall and eventually there is a big enough space for one of you to get through.
Remember that you dont know whats behind there yet...
Who will go through?

Inventory
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Who is actually playing? could you tell me if you quit this RPG please so i know who to include.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure i'll join your RPG! and expertise? i lack that.. but thanks anyway haha

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

o-o I'm I the only one posting? Well if I am I guess I'll enter the hole..

Showing 31-45 of 140