ForumsForum GamesRealm of Rydanor

140 28475
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

hey! about my third RPG now. but i hope this one will be popular. ive spent a bit of time thinking it out. I have a website.

please go to this site to play the game!

(incase that didnt work, http://www.freewebs.com/realmofrydanor/index.htm )

i shall post the story here, as well as on the website. please do read it and visit the site!

The Brief History of Rydanor
A lone tower stood. Ivy growing so thickly over it that the wood and stone of the tower could barely be seen. A small moat surrounded the bottom of the building. A drawbridge heaved itself down and landed on a dusty path. As the sky churned and grew dark, a man on a grey horse emerged out of the dank darkness within. He wore a sour look on his face and a dull black cloak billowed around him.
He galloped off to the east and arrived at the market in Galladin. This village was just outside Conclave, home to some of the most charming centaurs you could hope to meet. As the man passed, young children leered and grown men made snide comments.
"Get outta it Ryd, you don't belong here and you know it."
The man looked on.

Rydanor was his name. Son of Byronar, once wealthy ruler of Karunan City. Until such a time came when the governors of the North felt the power had gone to his head. They sought to rid him of his kingly status and put their own men in charge, but Byronar would not come quietly.
As Byronar and his family were sleeping, the men came and took him. Byronar awoke and became angry, he fought back. However, in all the commotion, one man fired an arrow into the cluster of wrestling men. There was a shout and all men backed away.
Byronar knelt on the ground, clutching his heart and screaming, "Such an untimely death! My son, you will avenge me!"
He lay still.

Rydanor had been just sixteen when his father died. He was so upset with grief that he had forgotten what his father had asked of him.
Until now, when he looked upon the face of his tormentor and recognised him as the man who had carried the bow.
Rydanor lost control. Leaping off his horse he drew his sword and cut the unfortunate man's head clean off. Several women screamed.
"Father, now is the time for me to avenge you!"

-Two Years Later-

Among the city of Byronar there was much spite and fear. Men and creatures alike would slave over many shrines, temples and crypts for Rydanor the Dark, the powerful ruler of Byronar. Having consumed much hatred and contempt towards everyone who had belittled him, Rydanor had created a dark power so menacing, no being would stand up to his might. He would sent his armies of Golems, Serpents and other merciless beasts to slay innocent creatures who stand in his path. Do no work and you will become snacks for his favourite ghastly minions.

Now, should you accept, you and your fellow team members could unite and create a force so strong that together you can take down the legend that is the Realm of Rydanor.

• 140 Replies
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Dimsum squeezes through the hole and stands warily in the room. Its a rather stuffy room and upon closer inspection Dimsum can see dull silver clinging to the wall. He hears a muffled shout and looks to the left.
There is a man tied up there. He looks the spitting image of Dimsum himself.
Looking aroung again, Dimsum realises the silver is a dozen or so swords and axes on the wall. Also on the wall to the right there is a patch of metal, could be some sort of vault there.
Also, above the tied up minotaur is a swinging axe. This axe is tied by string to all the other swords in such a way that moving a single one of the weapons will drop the axe.
This looks like Rydanor's doing.

Dimsum, you have a choice.
Will you risk getting under the axe and saving the minotaur?
Or do you take the axes and swords and go?

Inventory
1x Small Healing Potion (+10 HP)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i really dont want to quit this RPG. is anyone besides iWazBord posting here?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Name: Alt
Race: Lycan
Level 1
Exp: 0/5
HP: 30/30
Mana: 50/50
Strength: 4
Defence: 4
Intelligence: 2
Bravery: 2
Weapon: none
Armor: none
Skill: none
I'll go in!! even though it's a small space and I'm a claustrophobic lycan...

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

*sigh*
silly Alt.
Dimsum is in.
only one can go in since the room is really tiny and stuffy and if you read the previous scenario you'll know that you really dont want to disturb the walls.
xD

keep checking and posting though!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Oh, I thought that it was a small path leading to a larger room...lol

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

naww sorry if i didnt explain it clearly.
you can tell him what you think he should do though. if h doesnt post by.. tomorrow, you can switch places and make the choice.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Sorry I haven't posted today, brother is hogging the computer and it's his B-Day so I couldn't do anything about it.
Um... Can't I save the guy then take the weapons? Or chose one?

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Very carefully, Dimsum unties the man. The man falls to the floor, making the ground shake a little. This was enough to make vibrations which made the axe fall. In slow motion, Dimsum pulled the minotaur through the hole, the minotaur pulling a few objects through with him. With a crash the axe hits the floor and splits in two.
Looking back in the hole after the dust has settled, it seems the rest of the objects have been wrecked.
Tyler has been saved! -

Name:Tyler
Race:Minotaur
Level 1
HP: 25/30
Strength:4
Defence:5
Intelligence:1
Bravery:2
Weapon: none

Tyler has lost 5 HP from being dragged through the hole.

Tyler has gained new items!

Inventory
Small Healing Potion (+10 HP)
Old Sword (+3 Damage)
Old Sword (+3 Damage)
Old Axe (+3 Damage) (Requires Minotaur, Ent)
Foethorn Blade (+14 Damage) (Requires Level 6) (Requires 8 Strength)
Old Bow & 8x Arrows (+2 Damage) (Requires Gryphon, Centaur)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

NEW
the inventory can now only hold 20 items. comment if you want to equip an item. Some items have Limitations as to who can use them

Now where do you go?
- search whats left of the hole.
- go back and choose another route.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHo is playing?
Role Call
Alt is active
iWazBord is active
TYofLER?
zillacutz?
devos12?

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

I'll take the Old Axe if Tyler doesn't want it. If no one else wants to search the hole I'll go choose another route o-o.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Dimsum equips the Old Axe (+3 Damage)
(remember to post stats/stat changes)

Inventory
Old Sword (+3 Damage)
Old Sword (+3 Damage)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

The hole is open for exploration.
If 2 or more vote to move on you shall.
If someone wants to search the hole, you must post soon.
2 hours and we'll move on.
its 5 in the afternoon here. at 7 you will go back and choose the next route.

devos12
devos12
1,352 posts
Nomad

yeah srry i havent posted lately im stioll playing

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

okay, well devos12, if you want to post your stats, equip any items and make a choice...

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Nameimsum
Race:Minotaur
Level 1
Exp: 2/5
HP: 27/30
Strength:4
Defence:5
Intelligence:1
Bravery:2
Weapon: Old Axe

Go back and choose a different route?

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

You go back to the entrance of the four paths.
A commotion is coming from the middle path. As the noises get louder you hear voices

First Goblin - "You sure they down 'ere? I dunno what Kiratok's on'bout. If silly little creatures're down 'ere we woulda got 'em by now!"
Second Goblin - "Kiratok said Tridient told him to look for them 'ere. And its on Rydanors orders, so we look! Theres no arguing with Rydanor, Stupid Mornund..."
Mornund - "What did you call me? Well, all im sayin' is they aint 'ere. I mean, maybe Rydanor wants rid of us? He knows we overheard the thing about the special book..."
Kiratok - "MORNUND! GREBLID! Thats enough talking! I think i hear movement up ahead. Shape up, grab your bags and lets go!"
Greblid - "yeah Mornund, jus' shut up an' fight. Moron..."

-battle!-

Goblin Mornund - 15/15 HP
Goblin Greblid - 15/15 HP
Goblin Leader Kiratok - 20/20 HP
vs
Alt 30/30 HP
Leith - 30/30 HP
Tyler 30/30 HP
Dimsum - 27/30 HP
Baddjjuu - 27/30 HP
(zillacutz - 30/30 HP)??

Inventory
Old Sword (+3 Damage)
Old Sword (+3 Damage)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so who is playing??
c'mon guys, i actually want to stick with this RPG.
if its really bad and you hate it, tell me so i know i should quit it.
thanks.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Name: Alt
Race: Lycan
Level 1
HP: 30/30
Strength: 4
Defence: 4
Intelligence: 2
Bravery: 2
Weapon: Old Sword
I'll take the old sword, and slash kiratok!
-------
This is a pretty good RPG.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

oh thank goodness, thanks Alt!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alt attacks Kiratok
Kiratok takes 6 Damage!

Greblid attacks Tyler.
Greblid misses!

Goblin Mornund - 15/15 HP
Goblin Greblid - 15/15 HP
Goblin Leader Kiratok - 24/20 HP
vs
Alt 30/30 HP
Leith - 30/30 HP
Tyler - 30/30 HP
Dimsum - 27/30 HP
Baddjjuu - 27/30 HP
(zillacutz - 30/30 HP)??

Player Turn

Inventory
Old Sword (+3 Damage)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-