Forums

ForumsPopular Media

What book are you reading now?

Posted Jan 19, '12 at 5:49pm

cjhall

cjhall

224 posts

I'm reading Hourglass. I'm only on like the third chapter though. I can't seem to get into it.

Posted Jan 20, '12 at 5:31pm

happybirthdayaphant1

happybirthdayaphant1

58 posts

Wow, long thread...
Anyway, I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. I'm a geek for classic adventure stories.

Posted Jan 22, '12 at 3:52pm

goumas13

goumas13

4,906 posts

I am reading Dark Harbour by David Hosp. I've read an other book by this author a couple of months ago and I liked it a lot, so I decided to read his first published work.

Posted Jan 22, '12 at 4:19pm

OoberxAllen

OoberxAllen

155 posts

I'm currently re-reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. By far my favorite single book.

Posted Jan 22, '12 at 10:24pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,142 posts

I just finished Debt of Honor, and just started Executive Orders, both by Tom Clancy

Posted Jan 24, '12 at 12:01am

ramzaman

ramzaman

238 posts

To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
Ive read it a few years ago but i was assigned to read it for school so im reading it again
definately one of the greatest books ever written

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 1:39pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,933 posts

Knight

I'm reading Venice: A New Beginning by Thomas F. Madden who spent 20 years in the making of it and spent many years studying in the archives in Venice.
It's an excellent book explaining how Venice was created, it's struggles, wars, trading, and it's strong bond with the Byzantine Empire and it brings new details and perspective on the Fourth Crusade and the Fall of Constantinople not long after.
I'll probably buy it to add to my Medieval trading library.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 8:17pm

idigit

idigit

261 posts

To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee

Favorite book of all time.

right now i am reading Les Miserables. Yes, the full version. 1400+ pages.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 8:20pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

right now i am reading Les Miserables. Yes, the full version. 1400+ pages.

Wow. Props to you. Sorry, but I could never read through 200 pages about the sewer system of France, along with other random digressions. After the movie, I'm probably gonna go reread the abridged version now that I'm not being forced to read it.

Currently I'm reading The Complete Sherlock Homes collection, though not at a fast pace. Just a few chapters here and there since I'm busy with some other stuff, and reading takes more focus than just leaving AG on until I see something I wanna type about :P

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 7:02pm

idigit

idigit

261 posts

After the movie, I'm probably gonna go reread the abridged version now that I'm not being forced to read it.

I own the abridged version and am reading that next, too. I love Les Miserables if you cant tell. I am the one that made the thread about it.

Reply to What book are you reading now?

You must be logged in to post a reply!