The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSamurai, Ninjas, or Pirates?

398 64194
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Following some debating between Ninjas and pirates, I've added a new contestant to the debate. Do you like samurais better, ninjas better, or pirates better? Remember that they are mostly disbanded and gone now, but let's say if you were to join one of the classes, which would you join?

Pirates - Uh, probably never
Ninja - Very cunning, stealthy and proud. Love to be one of those.
Samurai - They look awesome! Wouldn't mind being this one either.

• 398 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

@Pixie214

I see. Those posts with no explanation are quite annoying.

Not all pirates are scumbags, well some are.

Tricks222
Tricks222
251 posts
Nomad

Ninja is would be very fun since I've used throughing stars before in my kung-fu class. DEFENITLY ninja!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

throughing stars

Shurikens right?

Ninjas are cool. Though I do not want to be an assassin.
Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Ninjas, they blend in with the shadows and can easily kill anyone in one stab.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

shadows

The shadows of daytime? It is harder to find them in daytime. Ninjas usually carry out assassination in stealth.

Ninjas were paid assassins. I do not want to live my life as a Japanese stealth assassin so I'll be a Samurai instead.
Scotty_OBag
Scotty_OBag
137 posts
Nomad

Everybody was Kun foo fighting.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Everybody was Kun foo fighting.

How does that relate to this thread?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Knight, I know you'd like to help but many of your posts don't relate to this thread either.

No, not all pirates were scumbags. They weren't exactly good-willed either. They made a living robbing...

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

So to summise here. Pirates were salty sea-dogs that muder people because they're greedy. Ninja's are murderers too also for money. Samurais ( as far as I can tell) are some kind of war lord military nobility kind of thing so... murderers that are inteligent enough to come up with an excuse for it. I still don't understand the almost fad-like fascination with Japanese culture (though not all people are like this). My love of piirates can be explained by Monkey Island which I grew up playing. So, still, I go for pirates.

hellbrokenloos
hellbrokenloos
142 posts
Nomad

well the samurai are men of honor. they help and guarsd people but if they don't suceed they under the bushidoo rules have descraysed themselves and theiir families so they have to comitte the ritual sueacide HAICIRY.

ninjas on the otherhand are the anty-samurai. they are not bowned by the bushedoo code, and they can be hired to do the things that the samurai can't for example assasinations, kidnapiings, espionage and other dirty deeds done dirt cheap

and the pirates, the scurge of the carabians, they also had a code, they devided their loot, they were multi racial,and they were horny as hell, so they had according to legend 2 -3 girls in every port and twice as mutch sons that later became pirates themselves

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ninjas were similar to assassins.
They killed for money.

Samurais, well, I don't know what they did but I'm pretty sure they weren't guards.

Pirates don't kill for money as in assigned missions, but just rob and kill to get other people's money without permission.

Jabberwocky
Jabberwocky
92 posts
Shepherd

lol pirates...nah.
i love samurai, and ninjas are pretty good, but they were mostly just hired killers.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Samurais, well, I don't know what they did but I'm pretty sure they weren't guards.

They served and protected the people their masters. Which means you can say they were like guards but in reality they were more than guards.
Peterabi
Peterabi
223 posts
Nomad

Where the fuck do people come up with this stuff?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Where the **** do people come up with this stuff?

What are you talking about specifically?
Showing 166-180 of 398