The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSamurai, Ninjas, or Pirates?

398 64198
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Following some debating between Ninjas and pirates, I've added a new contestant to the debate. Do you like samurais better, ninjas better, or pirates better? Remember that they are mostly disbanded and gone now, but let's say if you were to join one of the classes, which would you join?

Pirates - Uh, probably never
Ninja - Very cunning, stealthy and proud. Love to be one of those.
Samurai - They look awesome! Wouldn't mind being this one either.

• 398 Replies
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Ninjas are the noobs. *hopes strop isn't anywhere near here*

Samurai = Some of the most intelligent people evar. They had to be if they were to be such great swordsmen.

Pirates = Freakin' awesome.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Ninjas are the noobs.

Thanks to pop culture.

You'd rather be against the law?

What law are you talking about? Do you have any right to accuse me of illegal activities?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks to pop culture.

I actually lawled.

What law are you talking about? Do you have any right to accuse me of illegal activities?

Yah.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I actually lawled.

Yippee!

Yah.

Alwight. Waht r u akusin' me of?
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Well, piracy was punishable by hanging back when stereotypes for them didn't exist.

Roland7749
Roland7749
210 posts
Nomad

Ninjas are better the Samurai because in a war the side with the ninjas won, as for pirates, a mordern day ninja sword can cut a bullet from now a days, IN HALF, im sure the past blades which are as a good as mordern day swords can do the same, so pirate would also lose. NINJAS FTW

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

What makes you think pirates had lower quality weaponry? It's all still made the same nowadays, you know. Besides, I'd take a cutlass over a katana any day.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well, piracy was punishable by hanging back when stereotypes for them didn't exist.

Some pirates turned to being privateers. That was legal back in those days.

NINJAS FTW

Noobs.

a mordern day ninja sword can cut a bullet from now a days

That's absurd and delusional.

Pirates' weapons weren't horrible. They were up to par of the time and era.

Ninjas are better the Samurai because in a war the side with the ninjas won

What war was that? Are you getting info from video games?

There are numerous misconceptions over ninjas. In reality they were skillful assassins. They weren't flying super warriors.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

They weren't flying super warriors.

*coughnarutocough*

Seriously. Just cause they're ninjas doesn't mean they can move so fast you can't see them, or cut a bullet in two.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Seriously. Just cause they're ninjas doesn't mean they can move so fast you can't see them, or cut a bullet in two.

I agree. What is truth and what is myth about ninjas is hard to figure out. Ninjas also can't catch arrows.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Well, you could, but it would cause damage to your hand even if you managed to catch it at the shaft. And if I was the one shooting... Well, you'd be dead. Or severely wounded. I am a good archer though...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Realistically and practically, catching an arrow won't help. You wouldn't catch it the first time, due to the difficulty. You'd be dead.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I know. I was just saying that it's possible. Just like catching paint balls. Cept you'd die if you missed :P

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Stop watching Naruto ppl -_- It's messing with your conception of reality.

Honestly, in an epic battle between individuals of the three, it'd go down to common sense and who's the most skillful...pirate might have the upper hand should they have a gun and aren't too drunk to shoot it straight, as a bullet's speed is probably faster than any ninja or samurai who happen to be in the way. This would technically be cheating, but that is 'the pirate way' =P
Though I wouldn't put it past any of the other two that they didn't use guns every once in awhile as well once they became available and the main armament of the main armies...so who knows?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Stop watching Naruto ppl -_- It's messing with your conception of reality.

Not only Naruto..

I haven't heard of ninjas using guns but samurais did use guns when needed.
Showing 211-225 of 398