ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[OFFICIAL] AG Characters

98 127464
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Hi, it's me. I've been watching and discussing and we've come up with a proposal.

...here comes a big OP. But if you're interested in putting your character here and you're an AG regular, I advise you to read the entire post carefully.

There have been a growing number of fictions that involve some of the users portrayed as characters, or user characters. For this reason, despite the presence of previous threads of a similar nature, I've decided to make this one, the purposes of which will be:

* To have all pertinent information on any of the characters regularly depicted in AG forums in one place.
* To act as a simple guideline for people who wish to use these characters in their fictions.

It's the latter reason that is important because some people might wish that a character is portrayed as accurately as possible, especially the creators themselves. I don't wish to monopolise on this, but this thread will be run very strictly for the sake of tidiness. This is how it will work:

1) Fill out the template. I will detail this later.
2) Make a post here. The post MUST follow the template.
3) One post per character, don't lump them together or people might get confused. Doubleposting is okay on this thread.
4) These posts are an application only. If they are made official I'll notify you that your post is secure.
5) If I find the post doesn't conform to standards I will explain to you why I will delete the post, then I'll delete it. This doesn't mean you're not welcome to participate, it just means something(s) needs fixing or the post was irrelevant.

So to emphasise, the only posts here will be character templates. There will be absolutely no commentary on the characters or any other off-topic posts on this thread- I will automatically delete those comments for the sake of neatness.

One other thing, we're trying to keep this to a minimum so I will also delete characters that have either just been concocted for the purposes of being involved in this thread, or have not been used in larger fictions on AG, e.g. the MWT, Moderation Wars, Chronicles of AG, SoS etc. I understand this is arbitrary and may appear exclusionary. Again this doesn't mean I have outright rejected your character but you will need to become more involved in the community before applying again.

Now, the Template. This is in a fairly standard format:

1) Images of your character, or a link to said images.
2) Information on your character's name and defining attributes.
3) Physical attributes
4) Personality or character
5) Background of character

Remember, this is an official thread. It is up to you as to how much detail and what details you provide but make sure you're pretty set on the level that you would like other people to follow. Once again I expect the character sheets here to have a great deal of thought put into them.

Finally, if you want to include a character that belongs to somebody else in your fiction, you need to ask first. That applies regardless of this thread. Unless you are writing a work of parody, which is exempt from certain copyright laws.

Okay, that's it for now. Have fun!

• 98 Replies
Showing 151-150 of 98