ForumsThe TavernWhat's your favorite quote?

288 110827
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Well it's pretty self-explanatory! Have at it! You can even add your own!
Rules:
Just follow this format:
[Quote here]
~[Author Name Here]

Mine is:

Like birds, like planes, like the sky and the grass. We all have colors, strength, and beauty, but it's only the matter of how you take them, know them, see them, and use them.
~choazmachine

Live small, dream big.
~ unknown

Your opinion matters, but your opinion is crap if you don't have any evidence.
~ Oceans of Wisdom Jarvis [My Global Studies Teacher]

• 288 Replies
ShockwaveOP
ShockwaveOP
27 posts
Nomad

My Fav..

You have to believe in yourself.

~Sun Tzu~

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

~John F. Kennedy~

This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

~Neil Armstrong~

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

"Do, or do not, there is no try"-Yoda

"Yesterday is history, tomorrows a mystery, but todays a gift, thats why its called the present." Master Oogway

Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

"WHY SO SERIOUS?"
-The Joker

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Mah favorite quote: "There is no spoon." from The Matrix

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

"Sapiens nihil affirmat quod non probat" - A wise man states as true nothing he does not prove.

Not only a great quote but a wonderful life philosophy imho.

HitThePost
HitThePost
32 posts
Nomad

''I'll be back''
Terminator

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

I have been living by this quote for some time now. Some people say it is cliche. I say "Go hang a salami! I'm a lasagna hog!."

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Considering that when i grow up, i want to be in the British Army, it is probably an extremely famous quote dedicated to WW2. "Keep calm and carry on." This quote has been 'edited' to also become a more modern and stylish way "Don't be jel be reem." I think that the creativity is outstanding considering where the saying originated from and how sensible the subject of war can be; especially talking about the many who died during these times and still are today, for our country.

-Dedicated to the army from me

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

This one's easy! I have it in my profile's about too! =)

"Life's what happens, when you try to make plans..."

I heard this from a man who had recently lost his brother suddenly... and allthough that's not a nice background, he himself was strong and made this his credo! =D

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

My favorite quote = "Sometimes you just have to give them a chase. But more often than not, you have to give them a catch."

Radiation_burnzz
Radiation_burnzz
12 posts
Nomad

"a man not willing to die for a something is not fit to live" -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. or "We'll guarantee you a medal, a body bag, or both" - delta

42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

"If you have a body, you are an athlete"
-Bill Bowerman
"Love=Football"
-Puma
"Our sport is your sport's punishment"
-Saucony
"There is no such thing as bad weather, just soft people"
-Bill Bowerman
"To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Steve Prefontaine
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"
-Albert Einstein
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough"
-Albert Einstein
"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein
"The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular reason for being happy except that they are so"
-William R. Inge
"It's a fairly embarrassing situation to admit that we can't find 90 percent of the universe"
-Bruce H. Margon
"Today I told myself that in actual fact anyone who takes an innocuous and random delight in his life is an absolute lummox."
-Robert Walser
"More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginning of all wars - yes, an end to this brutal, inhuman and thoroughly impractical method of settling the differences between governments."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
âYour time is limited, so donât waste it living someone elseâs life. Donât be trapped by dogma â" which is living with the results of other peopleâs thinking. Donât let the noise of othersâ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.â
-Steve Jobs
"I want to put a ding in the universe."
-Steve Jobs
âThe scientist does not study nature because it is useful; he studies it because it pleases him, and it pleases him because it is beautiful. Were nature not beautiful, it would not be worth knowing, life would not be worth living.â
-Henri Poincaré
"I'm awesome because I run, I run because I'm awesome" -my brother
"I'm fast because I run, I run because I'm fast" -me
"Do I love you because you are beautiful? Or are you beautiful because I love you?"
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin, I believe
"Mankind must put an end to war or else war will put en end to mankind" -JFK
"You forget what you want to remember, you remember what you want to forget"

I have a lot of favorite quotes. These are copy-pasted from where I record my favorite quotes. Sorry I don't have the authors for some of the last few I could look them up but I don't feel like it.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

"slap him like he owes you money!"

- from my friend

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

My daddy always said 'fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice I put you in the ground'
~Bellick, Prison Break

Just have a little faith
~Michael Scofield, Prison Break

I believe in music, the way some people believe in fairy tales.
~Unknown

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

May god have mercy upon my enemies... because I wont.
-General George S Patton

Showing 151-165 of 288