Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Nicho's Writing Thread [Archives on Pg 47]

Posted May 29, '09 at 9:15am

Cenere

Cenere

14,016 posts

Knight

Hey Nicho, you should read Werewolf; the Forsaken (storytelling game), their explanation on werewolfs are rather nice...
Hail Mother Luna
Let her watch over her children in all time to come

Posted May 29, '09 at 9:50am

Cenere

Cenere

14,016 posts

Knight

And since I was asked:
I am not much of a poet, so I cannot really tell if it was a good poem or not, or what to improve.
I can tell you it is a good story, though my oppinion might be coloured by W:tF. The traditional werewolf myth is a good place to start, really...

--
If you embrace a curse, is it then a gift?

Posted May 29, '09 at 9:56am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,432 posts

Knight

--
If you embrace a curse, is it then a gift?

Technically it would be true...Simultaneously it can be both a curse and a gift though.

Posted May 29, '09 at 10:03am

Cenere

Cenere

14,016 posts

Knight

Technically it would be true...Simultaneously it can be both a curse and a gift though.

Yes, I guess.
Anyway, recommending Werewolf: the Forsaken, or Werewolf: the Apocalypse, because they are good stories, and are good inspiration.
Rather nice works.

Posted May 29, '09 at 10:05am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,432 posts

Knight

Rather nice works.

Theirs or mine?

Kidding.
Who wrote the books?

Posted May 29, '09 at 10:14am

Cenere

Cenere

14,016 posts

Knight

Theirs or mine?

Both:P

Who wrote the books?

Well, it is in a series of storytelling games called "World of Darkness" made by Whitewolf
Trying to collect all the corebooks myself, which is hard when you have no money > >...

Posted May 29, '09 at 12:20pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,432 posts

Knight

Haha thanks!

---------
Hmmm...haven't seen them before. Perhaps I should go round the island on a Grand Book Treasure Hunt.

Posted May 29, '09 at 12:25pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,016 posts

Knight

Well, for some odd reason I can only find them in roleplay stores. And on the internet.
My local library has the old WoD books, which is why I miss the library I could go o when I lived at home, they had most.

But the series are good for inspiration on "Mystery and Terror", especially some of the additional books besides the corebooks.
If you find them, take a look at the one called "Innocents" (<having fiction planed with that name), which is about children in WoD. It has a quite different approach, because children are approaching horror quite differently. /nerd

Posted May 29, '09 at 12:43pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,432 posts

Knight

WoD? I suddenly feel very much out of context....

Try to get my erm...paws on them.

Posted May 29, '09 at 12:45pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,016 posts

Knight

WoD = World of Darkness. Name of the series.
W:tF = Werewolf

There is the original corebook, vampire, werewolf, mage, promethean, changeling and hunter, and sooner or later Geist.

Reply to Nicho's Writing Thread [Archives on Pg 47]

You must be logged in to post a reply!