ForumsForum GamesWar Of The Solar System

23 3483
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Choose a planet. Go to another one and tell them that you declare war. Play rock paper scissors to see who wins. The end.

If only it were that short...

War Of the Worlds

You start of as a simple, one celled life form. As time goes by, your race evolves. You are God(Or Darwin if you want) and are the watcher over your race. You decide what happens to them. You decide if you will involve to become smart, brutal, agile, huge and many other characteristics.

How it works

A person starts playing as a single celled animal on any planet in the solar system . You can also choose a moon or the asteroid belt. In your first post, you describe which way your race will go. The main paths are:

1. Intelligence
2.Strength
3. Agility
4. Size
5. Breeding Speed

You can choose more than those, but you have to decide which ones you can have there. You may not have each one maxed out to full. Every specie has weaknesses. Also, your paths have to make logical sense, and you can't cover up every weakness. You can evolve any time in the game but it takes time. Also, you can't make your person super strong with unfair things. Like, a high intelligence but also extremely strong and fast at the same time. Example:

Nargons

Starter Paths:
Intelligence: 10
Strength: 4
Agility: 17
Size: 1.75m
Breeding Speed: 2 per couple

Life span: 75 years
Skin: Very hard and blue
Vision: six pigments

Description: A tentacle like creature than ensnares prey not by brute force but by stealth and cunning.

That can be called an example up there. I advise a description to make the race more realistic.

Survival

Now, the whole point of the game is to survive. You can do this many ways: attacking, strong defense, hiding, sheer number and other ways. You decide. Battles are told like a story: Each post you write tell how your race is doing.

Now, you happen to be sitting on a planet with a few other people on it. You don't want to share the place, so it's time to attack.

There are two ways to do this:

Ambush: You take a group of your specie(You have to say exactly how many) and 'take out' a few numbers in the enemy race. Great idea if you're evenly matched.

Full war: A full war is a difficult achievement. It requires great military force and a lot of courage. You send out a huge army to confront an enemy army. The stories then tell how the battle go. Make it fair! Don't just say "I win", but rather communicate with each other.

You can also form alliances, and groups. Just don't exclude anyone to much, unless you state "Our group is closed". and don't pick on one weak user unless they attack you first. One rule you must remember:

You may not attack a user new to the game. You can only attack someone who has written three posts so far on their species. Before that, the new user may also not attack anyone either. consider it three lives before you meet the true scene.

The good thing is, you cannot become extinct, or die out: There are always two left if your whole specie is mown down. You then become a 'new user' and the above rule is applied.

The rules will most likely be changed or new ones added during the game. I might get a mod to change the name if that happens. I can just say, have fun!

• 23 Replies
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Drawins

Starter Paths:
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 10
Agility: 10
Size: 3.50m
Breeding Speed: 1 per couple

Life span: 100 years
Skin: Red and black
Vision: 100 pigments
Description: A big snake like creature with a spike at the end of its tail and a big carnivore mouth

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Oh, someone already joined! That went fast. Oh, forgot to add a planet option in the example. Okay, I'll add my own kind now:

HIManators

Basic area: Uranus

Starter Paths:
Intelligence: 9
Strength: 3
Agility: 14
Size: No definite shape

Life span: 200 years
Skin: Transparent
Vision: No eyes
Description: If you thought the Borgs in Star Trek where scary, meet the HIManators. They will stop at nothing to accomplish their goals(Luckily they don't have any at the moment). They encircle their enemy silently, before striking without warning. They are to be feared.

Current population: 5

More rules

Have to add these to the previous one:

1. You have to say what planet you start off at.
2. You can only write a post with updated paths and evolution changes every day.
3. You may only have one specie
4. You can't change the name of your specie
5. If a player quits, their specie is suddenly 'wiped' out. You quit by saying:

Hey everyone, I know this is rather sad, but I am quitting the game. I promise I won't come back in the next week.

6. If a player quits, they can't come back in the week. The next week they can come back.

7. Anybody who does something that is inappropriate or unfair will get a warning. Three warnings lead to an immediate ban. This process may be skipped if a person breaks a very serious rule. Banned people can never come back. A banned list will be written at every rule update.

Will in short time make a long list of all the rules I can think of.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Gnomes

Starter Paths:
Intelligence: 12
Strength: 6
Size: 1.2m
Breeding Speed: 1-2 per couple

Life span: 120 years
Skin: Similar to human skin, but tougher.
Vision: 120 pigments

Gnomes are the most trusted race in the universe. Alliances with many other races, means that a lot of Gnomes live abroad. Perfect for speed, and skill, gnomes make great special unit soldiers, but lack strength. Many gnomes are the special units for other races, and in return, gnomes also receive a lot o help from allied races. Gnomes are also noted for their amazing technology.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Plutonians

Starter Paths:
Strenghth: 9
Agility: 4
Size: 9.5m
Breding Speed: 3 per couple

Life Span: 134 Years
Skin: Very durable hard outer shell that is a dark purple and green
Vision: 80 pigments
Description: This creature is a large dragon like animal with a hard outer shell. The shell is covered in large spikes and the tail has a large poison barb at the end. It's main path of destruction is by brute force. They are extremely intelligent. They can identify any type of spicies trail marks or droppings. There strength is immensely large. The only problem is that they aren't the fastest creature around.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

My creatures above are best on the outer planets and like to form trusted alliances with other people. Also they want to learn about technology and master it but nobody was there to teach them and they couldn't figure it out themselves.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Gnomes
Zurock

Starter Paths:

Vision: 120 pigments

Gnomes are the most trusted race in the universe. Alliances with many other races, means that a lot of Gnomes live abroad. Perfect for speed, and skill, gnomes make great special unit soldiers, but lack strength. Many gnomes are the special units for other races, and in return, gnomes also receive a lot o help from allied races. Gnomes are also noted for their amazing technology.
--
Unlimitedpower, is it possible to make alliances with other planets, races etc.

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Xannians

Cell:

Basic Area: Xannians live on asteriods around planet Mars, they are spread out because some asteriods float away.

Starter Paths:
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 8
Agility: 7
Size: 7.00m (Main Trait)
Skin: A soft, easily cut purple skin.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

This does not count as a real post, just to say that people must add their starting planet on. An example of a proper specie:

HIManators

Starter Paths:
Intelligence: 9
Strength: 3

Life span: 200 years
Description: If you thought the Borgs in Star Trek where scary, meet the HIManators. They will stop at nothing to accomplish their goals(Luckily they don't have any at the moment). They encircle their enemy silently, before striking without warning. They are to be feared.

It has the population included as well.

I see people going over wild here:

More rules:

1. You can only have a maximum of 12 vision pigments. No more, because I don't think most of you know what a color pigment is, am I right?

2. A creature can live a maximum of 200 years. Any creature that exceeds it will be warned.

3. If your creature becomes very old, it can't be a fast breeder. Maximum two per couple at start.

So, sam, I am allowing you to make another post with the exact same info as above but with only 2 per couple to make it fairer.

4. One day in our life is 100,000 years in this game to show evolution. Just pretend that wars aren't that long to make them realistic.

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Sorry! Here is the description:

They have from 3 to 7 spikes where their tails should be, they have beaks and fuzz and the spikes. They also have 3 spikes on eiter side of them. They are omnivores, but prefer meat.

Vision: 75 pigments

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Noo! I've been ninja'd!

Vision: 5 pigments

Population: 3

Description (cont.): They bike with their beaks and use their spikes to attack. They are very big species and travel in groups (when able to).

Two are on the same asteriod, one is alone, then crashes onto Mars, dying from impact.

Population: 2

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Gnomes
Basic Planet: Zurock

Starter Paths

Vision: 12 pigments

Gnome Info

Zurock Info
Zurock, is not one planet. It is the name for a planet, Nome, and the surrounding moons, many of which are about 3/4 the size of Nome. The total number of moons circling, remains unknown, but astronomers believe that there are over 24. The largest known sub-planet, Tentos, home to a predatory animal species, that I haven't gotten around to creating. Zurock is rich with minerals, natural life, and can vary greatly. Tentos, for example, is mainly a jungle-planet, with a few mountains, rivers, and a couple of lakes.
~
Narder Daily - Issue 1

Today, 7 gnomes, 4 male and 3 female, created the capital city, Narder. I was appointed the time-keeper, and also the news-teller. It is a great honour to have this duty.

Also, congratulations to the couple who have had a baby!

Total Population of Narder: 8
Total Population of Nome: 10 (Narder included)
Total Population of Zurock: 11
Radio inbetween Males and Females: 60/40
~
I hope this is ok Unlimitedpower.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Sense, as I said in the first post, it has to be a planet, moon or the asteroid belt in the solar system. Otherwise the name of the game wouldn't make sense(what a dumb joke).

More rules- They keep coming

1. Your starting population cannot exceed 10. If it id above 10, your race is considered fast breeding and can't be made into very powerful creatures, rather strength in numbers

2. You must start on a planet, moon or the asteroid belt in the Solar System. You can't make up a place. You CAN make up a place in the planet, but it has to make sense(Not like a balloon ship on Jupiter. The pressure there would squeeze it to pulp).

Narder Daily - Issue 1

Great idea! People can make their own newspaper if they want.

I'm still thinking about whether we should allow people to join one specie or not. I think not... And people, you don't have to add those vision and related facts, just the starter paths and population.

Here, my creatures have grown:

HIManators

Evolution Paths:
Strength: 4
Agility: 12

Life span: 150 years

After evolving, the HIManators have become smarter, but due to their cranium size growing, they have become slower.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Drawins

Planet: Venus
Starter Paths:

Description: A big snake like creature with a spike at the end of its tail and a big carnivore mouth

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Gnomes
Zurock

Starter Paths

Vision: 12 pigments

Gnomes Info

Zurock Info
Zurock, is not one planet. It is the name for a planet, Nome, and the surrounding moons, many of which are about 3/4 the size of Nome. The total number of moons circling, remains unknown, but astronomers believe that there are over 24. The largest known sub-planet, Tentos, home to a predatory animal species, that I haven't gotten around to creating. Zurock is rich with minerals, natural life, and can vary greatly. Tentos, for example, is mainly a jungle-planet, with a few mountains, rivers, and a couple of lakes.
~
Planets, Moons etc. occupied:
Nome (basic planet)

Planets, Moons etc. controlled:
Nome (basic planet)
~
Current Defenses:

Nome
Narder
A Light Wooden Wall: 100 hp
~
Narder Daily - Issue 2

Today Narder was faced with a shocking truth. They are not alone on the planet Nome. Another race of tiger-humanoid people attacked. Zero defenses around Narder meant that 5 people died.

But soon after the attack, Narder began to be fortified.

Population of Nome: 6
Total Population of Gnomes: 6
Radio inbetween Males and Females: 60/40
~
Please let us make up our planets!

It will be a solar system, but not our solar system.

I'll scale down the pop, but can I put in a recommendation to put the pop cap on something like 40?

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Drawins

Planet: Venus
Starter Paths:
Population:5

News

2 Drawins have been seen eating this weird blob thing. We call it an gloop

Showing 1-15 of 23