ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLockies~

18 4623
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

So hrm, Strop started this off with his image to lock zombie threads with, and then I grabbed the idea and ran with it, and now we're expanding upon the concept so it isn't just for zombie threads.

Why? Because it's funnn~

I won't post Strop's (partially because I don't have permission, partially because I'm too lazy to find the URLs), but I'll post the ones I have so far and somewhat hope he joins in.
Note: All of them will need refinement sooner or later. Rough sketches are rough (but usable).

Locking a necro'd thread:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Zombiethreads.png
Locking a duplicate/repeated thread:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Repeatedthreads.png
Locking an answered thread:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Answeredthread.png

So I still need...

Spam (this is spam & this has turned into spam)...
Lock requested (rare, but it happens).

What else? Totally absent minded here. I'll remember when threads need that kind of locking, but I kinda wanna get the images done. :J

Also hoping Strop will get time to do more than the two I've seen of his~

• 18 Replies
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

For the spam image you should just draw a massive can of spam. It would be pretty self explanatory.

As for the lock requested, perhaps a mod coming to save the day on a majestic steed, holding a lock with light emnating from it.

Yeah, that'll do.

JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

for the spam it would work to have a mod standing in spam cans up to his or her knees with a shovel and shoveling them away?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

XD
I think I already know what to do for the spam-locks, I was more fishing for reasons to lock that I may have forgotten.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Trolls/flamers.
Then there is... Uhm...
Threads that might lead to spam...
Oh, the fail threads!
Aaand... Uhm... The facepalm ones?

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

for the spam it would work to have a mod standing in spam cans up to his or her knees with a shovel and shoveling them away?

I think it'd be pretty funny to see a mod gorging him/herself on the stuff.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

what would the face palm and fail threads exactly look like Cenere? Also must not forget the flame war threads.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Fail would be for the threads that is so stupid that it is more fail than Tuna. Something like a picture war here in the art section, with a OP that screams "I do not care about anything" and total ignorance to anything said. Possibly with a "dublicate" just below, just with a slightly changed topic (lolcat, and then loldog).

Facepalm is for the "For ffff's sake, read the stickies!" Especially after the third thread in two days.

I know Strop has a fail picture, with him facepalming.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Also must not forget the flame war threads.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Strop's depiction of Devoidless a dragon in The Way of Moderation? If so then an image of him scorching a bunch of users could be used in flame war threads.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Strop's depiction of Devoidless a dragon in The Way of Moderation? If so then an image of him scorching a bunch of users could be used in flame war threads.

Well, yes, it would be good. For him. Since this is pretty much for the individual mod's pictures, it would not do.
Unless Zophia could breathe fire.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Unless Zophia could breathe fire.

X_X

Alt no like being burnt. Fire HURT!
--------
This has the potential to be interesting. . .what about the euthanising of old threads that have reached an impasse?
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Spam could show a fire breathing dragon with spam wrote on its sides being slayed

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Spam could show a fire breathing dragon with spam wrote on its sides being slayed
I can honestly say I dislike every bit of that idea. Not that it's a bad one, it's just... Well no.

Also, notice that these are sorta personalized ban images, hence related to/portraying the mod who use them. Strop has Strop ones, and I have these... Carlie use images too, but they're a bit more random looking.

And the fail/facepalm now exists.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Facepalmthread.png
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I'm looking forward to the spam thread picture.

Wigginometry
Wigginometry
689 posts
Nomad

I like the zombie lock and the facepalm the best. I have a feeling you'll be using the latter the most. Have you pitched the idea to the other mods? It'd be cool to see the variety.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Here's a No More Spam picture...

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv133/Gamer4Life12345/Nomorespam.png

Showing 1-15 of 18