ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2611725
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Three--10
Elvis Presley and The Blue Moon Boys--8

Ok that one is over thankyou dunadan. Well done Johnny Cash.

Next up is not just a battle but the battle. Blur vs. Oasis

The phenomenon of BritPop came to a head in the summer of 1995 on the 14th August when the two bands released singles on the same day. Oasis were the working class Northerners feuding against the middle class southern art students of Blur. Oasis song of the battle was Roll with it it preaches the importance of being yourself. BLurs offering was Counry house. The song is about a man who retires to an expensive country house to escape the pressures of the city.

So there you go: Blur vs. Oasis

I'll wait to see how voting progresses to decide if it goes to 5 or 10 votes. I'd prefer it to go to 10 but for that I need more votes from you guys.

Enjoy voting

dunadan
dunadan
360 posts
Nomad

I'd say Oasis for it's the less boring of the too...
Well in fact I don't like them, but Oasis is more "listenable" than Blur...

Buttersnack
Buttersnack
332 posts
Peasant

I love both bands, but I think Blur is a little more interesting.

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

Though both bands are sort of boring. I like Oasis better.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Both bands aren't great,but I'll take Oasis. Say,haven't I seen this matchup before?

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I don't actually recall a song by Blur. I'm sure I know one or more, but nothing they've done comes to mind. Oasis I actually own or owned an album of. I like Gallagher's voice. And the brother's idiotically stormy relationship is entertaining as well. Throw in the unbelievably stupid quote "We're gonna be bigger than the Beatles" and you have entertainment personified...

My vote is for Oasis

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Hm...I'll have to go with Blur. Even though both of them annoyed me, and I couldn't listen to the whole song <.< lol.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Blur--3
Oasis--4

Say,haven't I seen this matchup before?

No but both have been used individualy they haven't been used together but as I said in the itro it is one of the biggest battles in real life.

I don't actually recall a song by Blur. I'm sure I know one or more, but nothing they've done comes to mind.

For anyone who doesn't know Blur examples of their songs are: Song 2 (probably their most famous song), Out of Time (my favourite) and The Universal (a good song and points to anyone who guesses the movie the video is based on)

@Green12324 sorry you didn't like them the whole points if BritPop was that it was very Brit-centric to get away from the grnge coming from America. I'll probably use your suggestion next though.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Well, I listened to Oasis... I liked them. Are we still doing the whole ultimate band thing?

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Yeah it ended a while back dudeguy. Hendrix beat The Beatles 5-3 in the final. Now it has just gone back to straight battles rather than a tournament though depending on what happens I might do another one.

1st--Jimi Hendrix
2nd--The Beatles
3rd--Led Zeppelin
4th--The Rolling Stones
5th--The Who

Blur--3
Oasis--5

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

What is the 1,2,3,4,5 thing for?

daxflame44
daxflame44
151 posts
Nomad

The Beatles r NINJA AWESOME!!!!!!!

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

@Green12324 sorry you didn't like them the whole points if BritPop was that it was very Brit-centric to get away from the grnge coming from America. I'll probably use your suggestion next though.

Yeah, just not really my style. Sounds good though xD
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

What is the 1,2,3,4,5 thing for?

Those were the top 5 for the tournament.

The Beatles r NINJA AWESOME!!!!!!!

>.> Oh well... the xurrent battle is Blur vs. Oasis
ginanddeath
ginanddeath
23 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith is good becuase of the main pieces in the music

Showing 1636-1650 of 4274