ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2611016
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Brad Delp was Boston's lead singer and the guy who committed suicide. I believe he did it in a bathroom with two gas grills.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Wow. I'm not a big fan of Boston, but I still didn't know that the guy committed suicide. That's a bummer.

Dudeguy45's vote, though no real reason was given makes the vote:

Cheap Trick - 3
Boston - 8

I'm calling this one sometime Monday probably whether or not we make it to 10. I have several battles suggested that I'm going to go with. If you want your idea on hear, then suggest it on my profile.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Kiss Have'nt really heard kiss's music but Aerosmith is'nt my thing

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Kiss Have'nt really heard kiss's music but Aerosmith is'nt my thing

Hello.... let's try to read the last few posts please. The current battle is NOT Kiss vs. Aerosmith. The current battle is:

Cheap Trick - 3
vs.
Boston - 8

Please vote for one of those two.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Ok, Boston has a unique sound that is pleasing. So there.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Boston. Boston's music is much more original and just plain awsome. There guitarists, and vocalists are simply amazing.

I wish there singer hadn't killed him self. :-(

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Boston wins.

Cheap Trick:3
Boston:10

Now we just wait for ilberic to post the next battle.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Actually, the vote tally is:

Cheap Trick - 3
Boston - 9

dudeguy45 was just elaborating on his "Boston FTW" vote as we are not really allowed to count votes without reasons attached to them.

I will be posting a new battle tomorrow regardless of whether or not we get any more votes. This one has gone on long enough.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

As promised the new battle starts today. Boston wins the last battle vs. Cheap Trick with a score of 9-3.

The next battle is brought to you in part by Ernie15 and in another part by Blu3sBr0s.

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Call Me The Breeze
That Smell
Simple Man

vs.

Fleetwood Mac
Little Lies
Rhiannon
Dreams

(I purposely didn't choose Freebird & Sweet Home Alabama vids for Skynyrd.. too obvious)

Voting isn't restricted to these songs. They are just here for suggested songs for the bands.

Suggestions welcome on my profile.

IAmTheCamel
IAmTheCamel
38 posts
Nomad

I would definitely have to go for Lynyrd Skynyrd. Their unique songs just sooth and comfort me. Even so, Fleetwood Mac is still a very good band, and it was a close call for me between those two.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I like Lynryd Skynrd. I'm not a huge fan of southern rock, but these guys are great. And two of their most famous song ilberic didn't create a link for.
Sweet Home Alabama
Freebird

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Aaaahhh....difficult.

I like Fleetwood Mac more because they have those on or two great songs. While Lynyrd Skynyrd is more of an overall quality group....

I choooooose fleetwood

Not really because of the band, but because of the awesome times in my life when there song's have been playing

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Lynyrd Skynyrd I can actually listen to. Fleetwood Mac's high voice always made me angry for some reason...

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I'm going to have to go with Fleetwood Mac.

I love their beats and awesome guitar riffs. Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks was a perfect match. Lynyrd Skynyrd is a pretty good band, but I think some of their stuff sounds the same.

Favorite Fleetwood Mac Song Is Go Your Own Way.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Fleetwood Mac's high voice always made me angry for some reason...

Fleetwood Mac is not a person. They have three different people who do lead vocals. Christie McVie (who has the British voice), Stevie Nicks (who does the raspy female voice), and Lindsay Buckingham (who of course, does the male lead).

Anyway, the vote is currently at:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - 3
Fleetwood Mac - 2

Feel free to post suggestions on my profile.
Showing 2116-2130 of 4274