ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609652
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
pandora0987
pandora0987
89 posts
Nomad

my favorites the misfits

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

the scorpions lead singer has a cool mustache

Uh, does that mean you're voting for Scorpions? If so, I don't think this vote counts as a moustache hardly seems enough reason to vote for a music group. Hairstyles yes, music, no.

my favorites the misfits

I don't even know what to do with this.

I just wanted to throw Van Halen in a battle, but was unsure who to throw them at. Perhaps I should have said Roth Van Halen vs. Hagar Van Halen. Wasn't sure if y'all would have considered that a legit battle even though I've heard that battle in many many places outside of this forum.

Anywho, my vote goes for Eddie Van Halen. I'll take any singer that isn't Gary Cherone with Eddie's guitar work. One of my all time favorites is Jump of course, but I'm gonna have to go check out Top Jimmy. I don't recognize the song by name as I haven't been around the Van Halen portion of my music list lately.

I like quite a few of the Scorpions songs and I like the overall feel of them, but Van Halen still gets the nod because of Eddie. Scorpions mesh with Berliner Philharmonic Orchestra was top notch though. Made me like them almost as much as Van Halen, lol.

Van Halen - 8
Scorpions - 1

Well, I guess I better post something here, as it looks like XxLBJames23xX has allowed me to be a Moderator on this thread, taking a bit of weight off Pixie214 and Iberics shoulders

Welcome to the fold.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

If there was a choice between two particular songs of the two bands, maybe it would have been interesting... but it's quite clear from the beginning (even BEFORE the battle was posted) that Van Halen is going to win this battle... =D

And I have to say, although I am a big Rock Music fan and I enjoy listening to some great songs from the Scorpions like the awesome Tease Me, Please Me, the classic Still Loving You and one of their first-ever chart hits Big City Nights (yes I'm old... *cough*), I simply can not deny that I am a huge HUGE fan of Van Halen!!!

I like both the 'Roth-period' as the 'Hagar-period', but the latter is the time I really stepped into the fan-of-Van-Halen-pants and started walking the walk, so I like that period a little better (1000 over a 999 if you want it compared) and as proof it is the better band of the two in this battle, how about...
the song with a very important message Right Now, the song that's full of mystery and twists Pleasure Dome (Audio Only), the song that inspired me to be a fan of them POUNDCAKE, the raw (G-zus it's good, real goooood) rock song Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do) and (of course) the to all known epic rock song that placed them on the world charts of famous rock bands JUMP OHW YEAH!!! \\,,/_

And for all those people who will get angry at me for putting up the link to the live-Hagar-version of Jump, (fact) Sammy Hagar is the ONLY person alive on this planet who is able to cover this epic song and actually gets away with it! I know David Lee Roth 'owns' the song with the original version of it, but come on... give Sammy some credit!

Guess you already hinted that I choose Van Halen as the band that gets my vote in this one... there, it's official now! =D

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I just wanted to throw Van Halen in a battle, but was unsure who to throw them at.

How about Whitesnake? Twisted Sister? Quiet Riot? Def Leppard?

Just throwing out some ideas.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well done MrDayCee..

That brings the total to:
Van Halen - 9
Scorpions - 1

This battle will be over quickly or it will be called quickly. Either way, it looks like Van Halen's to lose.

Thanks for the suggestions Ernie

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I still think Frampton vs. Clapton would be a great battle.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

im ending it! van halen

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Could you give more of a reason so the vote will be counted please? Thank you.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Seriously, just need a little more reasoning.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I still think Frampton vs. Clapton would be a great battle.

Actually I did this very battle a while back on here. Not such a great battle. Clapton whooped him.

im ending it! van halen

Lol. As the two above said, not quite my friend.

I'll end it tomorrow regardless of whether or not Van Halen gets the last vote they need or not. Unless we get a slew of Scorpion votes over night that is. I'm off to work for now.
1,855 posts
Nomad

Scorpion. I'd say that I like them exactly the same, so I'm going for the underdog. This is a really obvious battle though. Van Halen is so much more famous!

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Definitely Van Halen, there was a point in time when they were my fave band, and I still love 'em, my personal favourite song of their's is "Fools" and their best album IMO is Women and Children First, their the most Rock N' Roll of any band in the 80's and their music is just good times all around, so I can't NOT love it!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Van Halen - 10
Scorpions - 2

A strong win for Van Halen there.

Next Up is:

Boston vs. Doobie Brothers.

Boston are hard rock to the DBs Funk rock ad examples of songs are:

Boston: More than a a feeling , Peace of Mind, Foreplay/longtime.

Doobie Brothers: Listen to the Music, Long Train Running, What a Fool Believes.

I don't know these bands past their names so if the exampes aren't up to scratch feel free to post some more or tell me the songs you would like up.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I love Listen To The Music. I probably like that song more than I like any song by Boston, but Boston has more songs that I can sing to (and butcher while doing it I might add). Also, Foreplay and the guitar intro to Longtime just kick gluteous maximous (you know, cause we can't swear).

So my vote goes to Boston.

Boston - 1
Doobies - 0

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Boston gets my vote. I like the everything about them. Their guitars had a distinct sound, the singer had a distinct sound, and the songs are awesome to. Rest in Peace Brad Delp.

Showing 2536-2550 of 4274