ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2612816
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

No I can see where he is coming from. He just doesn't want this to get locked. But he can lighten up a bit.

Well, I still feel that a little discussion about the bands themselves won't entitle a lock. Just take a look at any thread in the AMW. And you'll see the toleration.

Plus, I don't really see the need for updating the poll after every single time a user votes. You say we spam, but wouldn't that be spam in itself after awhile? it would be better to compile and consolidate after a few votes, rather than almost after every single user votes.

Oh I know, go on guys, holler at me for posting something without voting. Though I could probably point out a dozen or so 'unnecessary comments' in the past few pages.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I love radiohead, but only for their song "Creep". Linkin Park has many more hits and have a unique sound.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Linkin Park

Don't yell at me if it's already over. It's been confusing with all the discussion going on. Anyway, Linkin Park is my favorite band.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Sorry Nicho <looks at feet>

Linkin Park--10
Radiohead--5

I'm not entirely sure who dudeguy voted for but regardless this round is over... LP win.

I assume I don't have the authority to make a new battle yet so sit tight till LBJames gets here

And thankyou all for voting.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Thank god Linkin Park won. Radiohead isn't very good.

Aggression
Aggression
90 posts
Nomad

Thank god Linkin Park won. Radiohead isn't very good.

I'd reverse the order there -.-
CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

Even though I am late, I would have voted for Radio Head. Linkin Park's music IS NOT that good and they are the most overrated band I have ever seen. I can't stand them. Radio Head makes way better music and are much more talented, and they are kind of influential, something that can't be said about Linkin Park.

buffypython
buffypython
3 posts
Nomad

I'm new to this thread; has Queen been voted on yet?

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I'm new to this thread; has Queen been voted on yet?

Yes I believe it has

I believe it is time for a new battle... Linkin Park won the last one so it runs on and the new band is... Blur the newly reunited legends of British BritPop Link is for people who don't know them.

First to 10 votes and no spam please.

(sorry James if this isn't ok I consulted your second in command here)
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't care if the discussion is over. I hate Linkin Park.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Who are we talking about here? If it's Linkin Park vs. Radiohead,both of those bands stink,although Radiohead is a little better. Now KISS vs. Aerosmith,that's a good debate. The winner would have to be Aerosmith,they rock.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Definitely Aerosmith. Kiss is okay, but Aerosmith is much better. I don't care much for Radiohead, but Linkin Park is one of my all-time least favorite bands.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Who are we talking about here? If it's Linkin Park vs. Radiohead,both of those bands stink,although Radiohead is a little better. Now KISS vs. Aerosmith,that's a good debate. The winner would have to be Aerosmith,they rock.

You're not in charge. Well, neither am I, but still.

I vote for Linkin Park still. I'm not a big fan of Blur... Linkin Park's songs are better.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

I still go for Linkin Park. I love there songs and I've never herd of Blur before.

[Offtopic] Kiss blah blah blah Aerosmith blah blah blah [/offtopic]

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

There should be a Foo Fighters vs. Pearl Jam debate. Or a Nirvana vs. Guns N' Roses. My picks would be Foo Fighters and Nirvana,and Foo Fighters are better than Nirvana. If Cobain didn't die,Dave Grohl would still have broken up the band,and it's good because the Foo Fighters have already gained legend status.

Showing 1261-1275 of 4274