ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606712
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Led Zeppelin is the best classic rock band ever! If Led Zeppelin doesn't win, there is no hope for mankind in music. Robert Plant has a voice of gold, Jimmy Page is a master guitarist, as is JPJ, and who cares that John Bonham choked on his won vomit? This is rock and roll baby!

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I must vote for Led Zeppelin, for they've become so legendary over the years that the mere mention of their name strikes a sense of understanding and connection that few other bands can produce.

Made more sense in my head, but you get the idea.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Led Zeppelin is one of the bands I tihnk of when I think of classic rock. The Who not so much... In plus the only song I know by them is Pinball Wizard, whereas I know many (great) songs by Led Zeppelin.

Led Zeppelin

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Led Zeppelin. Can't get much better then Rock and Roll. Unless, of course, the challenger is Foggy Mountain Breakdown.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

While I love both bands, I'm actually going against the norm here by saying I prefer The Who. Being a prog rock fan, I've am absolutely in love with their concept albums "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia". Plus, the crazy antics and musicianship of all the band members was amazing.

Plus, after hearing the entirety of their Woodstock performance that occurred early in the morning, I can say that those guys could put on a show. As such, The Who gets my vote.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It's been two weeks. Neither band received anywhere near 10 votes, but 5-1 should be enough to determine how this battle would have played out anyway.

Led Zeppelin - 5
The Who - 1

New battle:

The Temptations

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Classic_5_Temptations_circa_1965.jpg

Just My Imagination
Papa Was a Rolling Stone
My Girl
I Can't Get Next to You
I Wish It Would Rain

vs.

The Miracles (a.k.a. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles)

http://www.singers.com/group/images/Miracles.jpg

Tears of a Clown
I Second That Emotion
Tracks of My Tears
Shop Around
Going to a Go-Go

Motown needs your vote. Don't let them down.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Oh wow this is a tough one. I'd have to go with the Temptations, though, because as a group they were more influential and successful than the Miracles. Besides, Smokey Robinson was better and more successful as a solo artist in my opinion.

So yeah. The Temptations.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I will vote for the Temptations, simply on the grounds that I believe that they have better-sounding voices.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Never heard of either of them... And I don't really wanna take a listen.

I'll sit out.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

The one song, "I Wish It Would Rain," decides it for me. That is a beautiful song, and David Ruffin does an amazing job with the lead vocals. I also prefer the other Temptations songs to the Miracles songs. Beautiful voices all around.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Oh man I love the temptations. although I also love tears of a clown. but the temptations are consistently better, so I will vote for them

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

Glad to see this is actually running again. It's been nearly two years since I last cast a vote here, so I'll be sure to make this one count. As much as I would love to see a clean sweep, because my OCD enjoys such things, I will be voting for the Miracles this round, because I feel their sound did a better job of capturing the era than the Temptations' did. I have also never been too keen on the whole doo-wop sound, so the whole thing with 5 people singing at once never really registered with me as being delightful. We all have our different tastes, of course.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm tempted to post the current score so far, because that's what folks did in olden times.

Temptations - 5
Miracles - 1

It would take a miracle for the underdog to win this battle at the rate people are voting.

Never heard of either of them... And I don't really wanna take a listen.
I'll sit out.

Thank you for your contribution?
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

You might want to change the battle dude, no one is voting anymore..

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

A new Motown battle! Nice one Ernie... =)

I know both contestants pretty well and one thing that struck me is that they both went different, and actually opposite, ways in terms of the feel with their lyrics and songs... the Temptations chose to have some more 'happy' love songs, whereas the Miracles had a more overall 'sad' feeling in their songs.

Even though I love both of them to death, I prefer a slight leaning towards the Miracles, simply because they are able to have that sad feeling portrayed in their performance of their songs so well!

Therefor, my vote goes to the (apparent) underdog: Smokey Robinson & The Miracles! =)

Showing 4036-4050 of 4274