ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2613041
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Linkin Park.

I still can't stop playing their songs. Addictive and impressive.

Radiohead? Vaguely heard about them before...oh wait, yes in Pixie's Post.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Hmmm, I'll still have to go with Linkin Park here.

RadioHead? Never heard of them, but I listen to Linkin Park all the time.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

but I listen to Linkin Park all the time.

Squee~ Another LP fan. Their new album really really was superb.
thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

How could you people have never heard of Radiohead? *shakes head in disgust*...they were one of the great bands of the 1990's! Personally, i think Linkin Park had one good album, the other two were terrible (no, i am not counting Reanimations, that sucks too much to even be considered). My vote is obvious. Radiohead

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I have never heard of Radiohead, so I vote for Linkin Park

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

1990's

That explains why. My musical experience back then was very much confined to nursery music and Barney tunes.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

That explains why. My musical experience back then was very much confined to nursery music and Barney tunes.

Lol, you could listen... I dunno retrospectively (?) Some great music came in Briatain in the 90's the BritPop music movement made some legends (though Radiohead formed slightly before this) listen to some Blur or Oasis Anyway 75% of the stuff I listen to is from the 60's and my parents were barely alive back then.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

stuff I listen to is from the 60's

Well I do listen alot to BeeGees.

I don't fancy pop....I do metal and rock better. Or post-grunge.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I don't fancy pop....I do metal and rock better. Or post-grunge.

Well one of the reasons for BritPop was that the American grunge was dominating the charts and this was the reaction of British bands... and despite the name it isn't that pop it's rock. Examples I think... this is the famous Song 2 by blur which most people have heard one time or another. Great energetic song with good lyrics. I wasn't sure which Oasis song to show but I went with Sad Song cos I though it wa appropriate And finaly one of my favourite songs of all time Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve great video and beautiful lyrics.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Ah...well grunge rocks.

Currently I'm listening to songs that not only are good musically, but have meaningful lyrics.

Valentines Day

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Chill out GAGAMEN, he was only trying to help out.

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

uhhh okay. linkin park

I would like to post a comment now...oh uh no nevermind i dont want gaga to go apeshit on me =)

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

It looks like you just did break the ruls also GAGAMEN. So just calm down alright.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I'd say Linkin Park. I haven't heard enough songs from Radiohead to think they're good or not. Linkin Park, even though I don't like them A LOT, I think some of their music is good when you're sad, which I am a lot

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Good day everyone, XxLBJames23xX is on holiday so I will be taking over here for a bit.

I'll be chooseing new battles and totting up votes. the rules are the same as always.

Linkin Park--6
Radiohead--3

Have fun voting and I hope I'm as good as LBJames and GAGA.

Showing 1216-1230 of 4274