ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2614888
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The Band vs. Bob Dylan

Scrap that... sorry dudeguy

The battle is:

The Band vs. The Grateful Dead.

For The Band see above...

The grateful dead have songs such as: Touch of Grey, Friend of the Devil and Ripple amongst others :P

Sorry again : Battle is: The Band vs. The Grateful Dead
chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

The Band, not only are the songs you've listed legendary, Pixie, they're also Canadian, so my loyalist bits are showing. But you've barely scratched the surface on them music-wise, they have so many other greats, including (but certainly not limited to) "Stage Fright", "Rag Mama Rag", "When You Awake", "Caledonia Mission", and the incredibly bad-@$$ "Chest Fever"!

But of course, The Grateful Dead are a great group too, some other great tracks from them are "Casey Jones", "Sugar Magnolia", "Truckin'", and "St. Stephen".

Sorry for the almost too-long vote post, I love both these bands so much. And in case you lost the vote in all my rambling, I voted for The Band

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

The band did American woman also

Just saw this, and sorry to say that that is also 100% FALSE, that was The Guess Who that did "American Woman", I can maybe understand your confusion though, since both bands are Canadian.

Sorry for double post, but I just HAVE to be a purist d*ckhead!
Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

The Band doesn't even compare to the Grateful Dead. I'm gonna have to go with GD.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I guess i'd have to go with Grateful Dead just on jam power alone. The band has some good songs, but the dead are just more listenable

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

the greatful dead have more good songs.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The Band--1
The Grateful Dead--4

almost halfway for gd

Thats fine chaotix that is what I like to see

jjwood69
jjwood69
134 posts
Nomad

The Grateful Dead are/were drug fueled music,very spacy at times,especially in concert. The band were schooled musicians. My vote...The Band

Buttersnack
Buttersnack
332 posts
Peasant

Grateful Dead, I just really enjoy their music.

jjwood69
jjwood69
134 posts
Nomad

Why dont we talk about right now. Nickelback and Staind.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The Band--2
The Grateful Dead--5

Why dont we talk about right now. Nickelback and Staind.

Maybe for the next battle...
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

holy crap... all the way down to page 3?!? i think it's time to call it a win for the Dead.

Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

Damit James! I was just about to do a topic with the same name then I found this :P . Anyway I would vote Kings Of Leon FTW!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

holy crap... all the way down to page 3?!? i think it's time to call it a win for the Dead.

I concur... sorry I haven't been on all day

Because I can't think right now I've kinda been at a party I'm just gonna go simple (-ish) with a Damon Albarn double...

Blur vs. Gorillaz

I'm very tired (/tipsy) so if you don't know them please look them up... I may post some examples of songs later if needed. Thankyou
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

easily Gorillaz for me. love the beats, love the weirdness, love the lack of real live people, lol.

Showing 1966-1980 of 4274