ForumsGame WalkthroughsWARFARE 1917 COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH

7 5328
Roult
Roult
30 posts
Nomad

Warfare 1917
I have roughly played this game for as long as it has been around,and i thought i could teach you some tips and tactics on this game. This AG flash game is a very great game,and i am hoping the armor games will make a sequel to this and a very in proved one. Through out my experience in playing Warfare 1917,i have found out many things. I am about to show you my learnings on this game.
Defense:First,fill your trench(s) with machine gun squads,place three machine gun squads into each trench. This is a very effective strategy. I really do not like playing defense at all,i just can't handle sitting there waiting for the enemy sometimes,i will be showing you a strategy later on,about how to get rid of the morale game and sitting there. I know their are some of you,who like playing defense,but not for me!
Offense A strategy that most people use is the tactic of charging the opposing enemy. First,put three assault teams into your trench. Lock the trench,and then have a fourth one coming,when it is about to land,release all your assault teams in that trench. The fourth assault team will be coming with you,since you locked the trench. They will precede into marching towards the opposing enemy and their will be very few dead troops,even if they do have machine gun squads,riflemen and artillery,the assault teams will bombard the enemy. Meanwhile,you should still be getting riflemen for covering fire,so you can insure your assault teams,that they have cover. Once you have bombarded your foe to the very last man,you continue on and get your assault teams into the trenches and out,then leave your riflemen in that trench,and your assault teams will take the field. You have won a victory! that is how it has worked for me and i am sure it will work for you.Test this on custom battles and you can test it for yourself and use it for a strategy in your campaign. The more trenches you have the more men you can put into a charge.
Fire support/Artillery: Your most precious weapon,and by god,use it wisely! i trust that you don't just use your artillery whenever you feel like it,because that is not a good tactician. You must use it to your advantage in key parts of the battle and campaign. Just because the enemy may have more fire support and they get it much quicker,doesn't mean you should use your artillery right at the very moment you get it. Use it when you feel you really need it. For example,when you are using the charging tactic,right before your going to charge the enemy,use your heavy artillery to take out some of their infantry in their trench. And use your mortars at the very ridge/end of the field,so some reinforcements get hit,which means less resistance when you get to that point. I will identify the following:
Mortars: You should use this type of artillery when the infantry is out in the open. Not when their infantry is entrenched! i don't care how accurate it may be for you,but it is a waste of artillery when you could have charged the enemy at a different time in the battle.
Heavy Artillery:This is when you can finally use artillery against entrenched infantry in my opinion,but use it wisely,because it takes time to reload. I deals more damage and also effects a greater range of a area you are aiming it at,which makes it ideal for using agianst entrenched forces,or tanks.
Gas: Use it wisely. This is finally the ideal fire support to completely clear out entrenched infantry,sometimes. Along with this and heavy artillery,you can use heavy artillery for one trench and then the other trench for gas,making your job easier. Also,use gas for blockading off the enemy to,so if they do go through,make sure some are dead once they come out of the foggy toxic gas.
Anti-tank gun: Use it against tanks,that is all you should pretty much be using it for.
"New" tactic:
You know how awful it must be if your a offensive type player,waiting for the enemy to get out of their trenches,so you can kill them,right? the so called "morale game" could be prevented if you have luck and you follow these instructions:
Get three snipers,have them put into a trench. This can also work if you just have one. Send them out,and watch and wait for them to inflict damage on the enemy. Meanwhile, put one machine gun squad and then two assault teams into you trench. Right now the enemy should be pretty fed up with these snipers and send out a assault team or riflemen. If you want you can send out all your squads (consisting of one machine gun squad and two assault teams) and then have the snipers and the machine gun squad give you covering fire,while your assault teams move in to bombard the enemy with their grenades. Also,use your gas to blockade the end of the field off,so reinforcements can't deploy out into the trench,and have your heavy artillery bombard the entrenched enemy,so it is easier for you. That could be a win for you,if it works. I don't know if it will work for you,but it just might.
Conclusion: I hope you are able to use this information to your advantage,but i really think your going to learn a lot when you play the game more. I hoped you learned something from this & good luck!
Hint:Protect your tanks with assault teams,they can deal some damage against opposing tanks.

Oh,i forgot! the sniper tactic is really used for getting the enemy out into the open,and decreasing the enemy morale,then you can charge the enemy. Make sure you have all your fire support ready before you commence the charge. This tactic might not work for you,with changes of events.

Units:
Riflemen:The most basic unit you have. A very good defensive unit,so don't use it as a offensive unit,unless you want them to give you covering fire. Just use them as a defensive unit,really.
Assault team:Great infantry unit offensively. Most commonly used for the "charge",and very great they are. Downside:Terrible defensively,at least thats what i find.
Lewis Gunners/Machine Gun squad:One of your best defensive units. Never,never leave them out in the open. Your best defensive trench would be three Lewis Gunners.
Snipers:Great defensive unit. With their long-range they can take down any skirmishers.

i may add one thing I like to do to enemies in custom:
Get 3 lewis gunners in a trench, and 3 snipers in the trench behind them, unless you have fire support enabled this will really,really mess up the enemy.
Big problem with this is getting these 6 high level guys can take an elaborate strategy in it's own right. :/
And here's another that the AI keeps falling for:
Just make a tank as soon as possible then pump out riflemen to mow down any hostile assault teams who get too close.
If they enemy deploy a tank of their own, just pump out your own assault teams instead, The Tank Is Everything.
Obviously fire support will modify this battle, but if you both have it you should still have the upper hand.

Officers:Good for raising morale. UHG!!! I never use them,but they're not great either way.
Tanks:THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!! I know in World War 1 they were the "big" thing,but in the game,you lose morale and they are just not great.
Be careful when using the units.
P.S. Can people leave comments,saying wether or not if this is a good guide?

I am going to change my view on the whole "ultimate" defensive thing. The "real" defensive trench would be to put two machine gun squads into your frontline trench,then put a sniper into the trench. The sniper gives you range and accuracy,and the machine gun squads will slaughter the opposing forces up-close. That will set you for your frontline trench.
Second trench/reinforcement trench:This trench should be your reinforcement trench (if it is the only one you have left),or your second trench,which means that you put defensive/offensive troops into that trench. It should consist of three-machine gun squads,this will help if the trench is close enough to slaughter the troops that are charging the first trench. Otherwise,it should be a trench that has three snipers in it so they can help with defending,otherwise it is just a trench sitting there waiting for the first trench to get overrun. Third trench should be a reinforcement trench for the first and second trenches.
You can really change the whole setting of the trenches.If you really want to them all to be defensive,or offensive. Your choice. Well,i think i added too much detail,but thats just a guide if you have more than one trench.
Happy gaming!

• 7 Replies
Infantryman123
Infantryman123
138 posts
Nomad

Umm... that's my guide to Warfare 1917!

Infantryman123
Infantryman123
138 posts
Nomad

THAT WAS MY WALKTHORUGH!

Infantryman123
Infantryman123
138 posts
Nomad

He stole my guide! See: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/2647776/infantryman123s-guide-too-warfare-1917

See, i posted mine on December 31,2009 and posted mine on May,16 2009.

Infantryman123
Infantryman123
138 posts
Nomad

*and he posted mine on May 16,2009*

He stole my guide i made together! HE STOLE MY WORK!

Infantryman123
Infantryman123
138 posts
Nomad

Mine should be in this section. It is titled "Infantryman123's Guide Too Warfare 1917". It should be in the walkthrough section.

Infantryman123
Infantryman123
138 posts
Nomad

You can Google it and find it,too.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/ughfail.jpg

No matter how many times I ask people not to plagiarise!!! I guess it can't be helped.

Showing 1-7 of 7