ForumsWEPR� > $

11 2517
Kanzer
Kanzer
21 posts
Nomad

The dollar keeps biting the dust to the euro and it's going on... I'm not very much onto economy but if this keeps going on what could be the effects, global-scale?

• 11 Replies
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Wow at first I thought this was giberish lol..

But anyway the effects of this could be vary bad depending on how you look at it.

Kanzer
Kanzer
21 posts
Nomad

Yeah the title was supposed to be (symbol of euro) > $ but I guess the page didn't recognize the symbol.

GoldenCross
GoldenCross
72 posts
Nomad

Haha I thought it was another language before I clicked on it.

The effects could get bad, since prices on just about everything in the U.S. just keep on rising anyway.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Wait, I don't really understand? What's so bad about Europe's currency being worth more then ours? I don't see the problem.

23jtay
23jtay
31 posts
Nomad

yea in europe gas is also $7 so it not really more than are but value wise yes

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

well, technically the rise of Euro could, in the long run, provoke a total change in global economy. Euro will probably become the international reference (the $ is the actual reference).
ATM, loads of investors are investing in euro: it seems a secure value contrary to the dollar which sees its value fall daily!

Wesley107772
Wesley107772
28 posts
Nomad

in the dutch we had dollar but in 2002 we got euro

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

The countries thatb export petrol are considering changing their exchange currency from Us $ to Euro.
For exapmle Venezuela and Iran want to do it this year.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

Even canadian money is more powerful than the american dollar.

Kanzer
Kanzer
21 posts
Nomad

And thus, seeing as the Euro gets stronger by the day, people keep investing on it and so the dollar value keeps falling. This might soon lead to a crisis.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Most of the dollar's worth and holding are by investors - people who trade currency. With the dollar's decline, it could stand to reason that investors would no longer find the dollar to be suitable to hold onto, and once that currency is released the value of the dollar will plummet (relative to where it is now).
That's why the Fed is doing what it can and the government is trying to step in - in order to try to at least maintain the dollar's worth.
In the meantime, the European economy is catching up (or down, as the case may be) to America's as many European countries are starting to experience their own sub-prime lending crises, which many analysts are saying is just a symptom of a larger problem.

Showing 1-11 of 11