ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Contest: Fear (Page 35)

359 103245
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

The green light has been given! After weeks of preparation, the Contest can be launched!

This has been brewing in many users' mind for awhile. Enter the Official Writing Contest!

General Rules

1)Submissions for the context must specify the word count implemented.
2)It must adhere to the period's theme as the main idea, or at least have some connection.
3)It must be submitted by the deadline. (The deadline will be according to AG time so that people will not be confused by the timeframe/exploit difference in time zones.)
4)A winner cannot win twice in a row, though he or she can submit an entry the next week.
5)Winners get a merit.

What not to include

1)No excessive inappropriate language, such as vulgarities, swearing. This includes slandering anyone in the AG community.
2)No slandering of race, religion, culture, language of people.
3)No sexual references or innuendoes, though romantic scenes such as kissing can be included.

Actions that lead to disqualification

1)No plagiarism. If it has been discovered that the story has been copied, e.g. the plot has been copied, the user will be disqualified with immediate action. However, elements of inspiration can be allowed.
2)Only one submission is allowed for each user. So please do not create multiple accounts for multiple entries. If it has been discovered that a user has submitted many entries due to this method, he or she will be disqualified.
3)If someone's username is used as a character's name or mentioned in the story, ask for permission first. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.

Judge: Me, though I will appoint someone else if I want to take part.

Current Theme: Fire. Fiery start eh?

Deadline: 31st May (Two weeks)

Without further ado, let it begin!

*Note: Everything is subjected to change!

• 359 Replies
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I have a question. Can we make a story on how two opposite people come together? That is opposites right?

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Opposites? What the hell we suppposed to write about opposites.

(Fake Story)

Once there was these two siters and they were complete opposties.

That's seriously all I can think of for that topic. Make do a genre, like Horror, Action, Comedy, ect... That reminds me, I'm writing another story for meh writings an stuff.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Note: Theme is no longer Magic!

Currently asking a mod to change it.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Hello! I am back Nich!

Anyway.....

Opposites....

And Nich, if you need any help, just ask.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

How much of a opposite do we need? Could it be a symbol of change, to the opposite of before?

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

There was once light in this land. The kings of our people ruled graciously and freely. We did not fight. Only sing and dance.

Boom, boom.

Then they came. Like a shadow, from the east, they came.

Boom, boom.

They killed, without regret, without sadness. They killed not because they had to. Because they could.

Boom, boom.

The towns of the East were they first to fall.

Boom, boom.

My people. People of the Middle Realm began to flee from the dark billowing clouds of war from the East.

Boom, boom.

We went West. The last Realm of a great Empire.

Boom, boom.

My father joined the army soon after. He never returned.

Boom, boom.

My mother died ten years ago. I was only 7.

Boom, boom.

The only people of a great Empire who remained, where taught in the skills of war, for a dark day.

Boom, boom.

Now, ten years later, they have come again. The dark day is upon us.

Boom, boom.

Now, we go to war.

"Charge!" Men screamed as they ran down the once green hills. The creatures of dark, less then animals, looked at us in dumb confusion. This was the first time somebody had attacked them. The whole of the Empire and been felled with little force. One of the leaders, the smarter of these beasts snarled at his men to form ranks.

I saw this happening, almost at the back of my head, for I felt nor thought for the whole battle. I held my spear, my weapon of choice, that I had worked continuously on for the last ten years. It was all that I had left. I had almost wished for the day when it sunk into the flesh of my enemies.

As I fought and killed, something grew inside me. It was different to anything I had felt before. It felt.... empowering. I fought with grace, much more grace then anyone else fought with. My armor, plain metal and leather as it was, was the plainest armor around. But as many a man fell from swords ripping the beauty of their armor to shreds, mine continued to deflect blow after blow of weapon, great or small.

I threw my spear, and watched it gleaming as it flew, striking one of these creatures leaders, pinning him to the burnt stump of a tree by which he stood. I drew my sword, plain and simple, and slashed at the foul beasts which stood in my way. The foul beasts, turned, and ran from the power of those who still stood.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was my Captain. He said to me, well done, something I could have sworn would not pass his lips. I looked around. Of the hundred of our party, only 20 still stood. Many of the fallen would never arise again.

A ray of sunlight pieced the dark clouds that had covered the skies for ten years. The ray of sunlight hit a old oak, that appeared to be dead. Where it hit, life sprung, as if it had been the same for the last ten years.

It was the opposite of the last ten years, the opposite of death, the opposite of destruction, the opposite of darkness. It was free, and living. It was the old world.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

554 words long. I can redo it if there is any issue with it.

Also the boom, boom bit is his heart.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Anything related to an opposite. I don't want alot of restriction.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

So what do you think? I'm not quite sure if this will be my final short story though. Depends on what people think and what I can me bothered doing.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm sorry, but when is the deadline?

matt17000
matt17000
1 posts
Nomad

hi how r u doin XD

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

As per Nich's request, I'm the new judge of the story contest for a while.

LET IT BE KNOWN: ALT IS NOW THE JUDGE. DIRECT FURTHER QUESTIONS TO MEH.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Not just for a while, I need some time to make more considerations, maybe I'll pass it over...

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Oh alright then, lol.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Wait..I meant, I might pass the whole thing on for more than a while...

Showing 226-240 of 359