ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5385793
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

To be fair, I never thought the chamber could make nightmares like that...

Well... that's kind of disappointing... c'mon ryan, let's head over to the tavern! Ohhhhhh, ay-de-di-de-di-de-di-de-di-de-di-de-di-de-di!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

To be fair, I never thought the chamber could make nightmares like that...

Well, as far as I understood Thoad's entry, his way of imagining the chamber is... like a chamber. Yours is a helmet. Besides, it was his device, of course it would end up being more "correct" from his side on. I still think you did good with the information you had.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I knew I fell short as soon as I saw Crimson's entry, lol >_>
Anyway, I look forward to see the developments from the court case!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

And, due to family issues, I'd have become a lot less reliable anyway(aunt has a brain tumor again).

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

(aunt has a brain tumor again).

Oh god! I'm sorry alt. That must be terrible to know :c. Worse than my mom's pancreatitis, considering that a brain tumor is well... yeah.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Oh god! I'm sorry alt. That must be terrible to know :c. Worse than my mom's pancreatitis, considering that a brain tumor is well... yeah.

Oh, she must have a surgery to cut down on it every 10 years. Apparently, the tissue the doctors need to cut into can't take any more surgeries, so they need to use radiation now. They can't completely cut it out since it's attached to the wall of her carotid artery, and it's pushing on the part of her brain that controls her sight. She's already legally blind in one eye~
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

It's odd how you seem so... calm about it?

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

It's odd how you seem so... calm about it?

Well it's not like we can see his face and hear his tone of voice when he says this... 90% of communication is body language.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Possum got it . . . .

Either way, the tumor's been troubling her since she was 4, and she's still alive in her mid-40s, so as long as the radiation works, she'll be okay.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Possum got it . . .

That makes me happy and sad at the same time...

Either way, the tumor's been troubling her since she was 4, and she's still alive in her mid-40s, so as long as the radiation works, she'll be okay.

That just makes me sad... But I realize you probably don't want to hear about that. People who get pitied too much often come to resent those who pity...
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Thanks, cen.

And, would it be an issue if I wrote the response from a third-person perspective? I have a hilarious idea that wouldn't work to as good of an effect in 1st person.

OR, how about first person from someone else's perspective, beside Manta's?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

That just makes me sad... But I realize you probably don't want to hear about that. People who get pitied too much often come to resent those who pity...

OOOOON a lighter note I won you lost manta haha. :B

Of course I'm kidding, I'm not that much of a d-bag.

Am I?
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Am I?

*Reads every post thoad has ever written*

You're about a 42/99 on the D-bag scale. Not too shabby.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And, would it be an issue if I wrote the response from a third-person perspective? I have a hilarious idea that wouldn't work to as good of an effect in 1st person.

Well, considering the consistency, I would say no, but in the matter of good story telling, go ahead. It's not like it won't fit in, people have been writing 3rd person from the beginning.
OR, how about first person from someone else's perspective, beside Manta's?

If you can pull it off believable, I doubt it would hurt (if you are going to use one of the contestants, you should probably ask permission first). I would like to see how the result would be.

On another note, I am still amused by the people who use "victestants" in their entries. Not that you should stop, or anything, I am just amused that a made up word describing exactly what they are would be used by the people going through it.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Alt: sorry to hear that. Your aunt's story sounds quite unusual, even speaking in terms of brain tumours. On the bright side, at least she doesn't have a glioblastoma.

I am just amused that a made up word describing exactly what they are would be used by the people going through it.

Yes, I noticed this too. Maybe it might end up being used in future OCTs... you should probably reserve rights to the word Cen, might make a bit of money lol.

btw, email your responses to waomod@yahoo.com as usual, kthnx!
Showing 4171-4185 of 5646