ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5382924
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/wat.jpg
The sheer amount of activity blew me away.
I have been gone a month, and the only thing that has happened is some - less knowing person totally missing the point, and Strop saying the end is near. Wonderful.

Anyway, this is where we are: Absolutely no activity from either side in regards of actually submitting a final piece of entry, if a piece of entry at all.
We lack 25 percent of the contestants, and there is no sign of him, nor has he decided to communicate his excuses in any form, which leaves us with a big roaring nothing on where Thoad is, what he is doing, and more importantly, Poison is without a partner in crime/judgement/terror.

This leaves us at the point, where no one is active or letting anyone know, and that also means that while it would be possible to decide the winners rather easily, those winners are losing on default by not having turned anything in.
So this is a hurry up and get working-call, mostly because I really hope I won't have to deal with this a lot longer for several reason, but also because this has been running late for what is starting to look like a year, according to the first estimates Strop did.
Or at least 9 months according to later estimates. Or 11 to ever later estimates. I believe you are aware of where I am going with this, yes?

Now, time for me to go to sleep, so I can go yell at Strop tomorrow morning.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Further to discussions I'm having with Cenere now (he's not yelling at me, lol), I think we're going to have to take some unilateral action at this point.

I expect that we will inform you of the proposal shortly.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I think Thoad might have died...because he has simply disappeared...WITHOUT A TRACE!

WHAT IS HAPPENING!

Strop...do I still needa do my thingo?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Of course KR, glad you asked. I'll still be hounding you for it even after the WoM finishes.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Of course...

I'm heading over your way tomorrow Stroppy...well towards Canberra reallllyy...

Looong bus trip!

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I better ask this again, because the problem happened last time: Did you reply to my last draft? Because just like last time, I'm still waiting for an answer to how I should continue.

Now if it's because you guys weren't online/busy organizing the contestants, I'd understand, but if was that stupid email problem we had...

*Bangs email with chocolate mug* "Work, you stupid thing! Are you telling me you can't send messages to your own domain?"

The sheer amount of activity blew me away.

I know, this thread is very active. In fact, I thought of writing you guys an email asking my question, because this thread was like 10 pages back.

including fixing the cameos and the interlude scenes.

Fixing? As in integrating it into the story?
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I better ask this again, because the problem happened last time: Did you reply to my last draft? Because just like last time, I'm still waiting for an answer to how I should continue.

I probably haven't, to be honest. I'll send one tomorrow, because as far as I recall the scene was pretty much complete, we just had to integrate it into the story, yeah.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Hey, Strops 'n' Robbers, or Centicles, whoever reads this first, can I take thoad's place or something?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

1. How would you get that to fit the plot in any way?
2. It wouldn't get you anywhere, and would only delay this further. Do you really want to be responsible for that?

I don't know what to draw, I am bored and my wrists hurts. Amuse me.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Ouch, cen. I'm calling you mr. Super-Blunt-Mod-man from now on. :P

But to answer both of your question-responses, I'm bored.

Whatever. Ill be watching...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

We are all bored. Which would be easier to handle if I had something to draw, wasn't homesick and/or my wrists didn't hurt. At least the pain is spreading now.

But, good thing: When Strop gets around and do what he must because he kinda signed up for it when he started this, then there will be stuff to do.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Aw, I think that's a great idea! Quick retcon plot alteration and suddenly Manta beat Thoad after all. It would delay proceedings a bit more, but it's better than another default victory against a no-show opponent.

Cenere, I think you should draw something science fiction-y. An alien, or a laser gun or a spaceship.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hey, we can always give the victory to Poison, if you don't want to win? Could probably make him fight Strop for the last round.

And, I could. Or rather, I suck at anything even slightly robotic/mechanic/baaahrrnrhhrh!!! So yeah.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

...draw me.

Draw me like you've always imagined me.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Manta, you probably don't remember this, but I did shoot you an email with instructions on writing a sequel to that last entry you sent us. Can you find it? You actually do have stuff to do!

Let's just say the WoM is, due to its length, just as much a war of attrition as it is a battle of skills.

Showing 4276-4290 of 5646