ForumsGamesDynasty Warriors: A lot of people hate It, but why?

16 5349
CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

I have been a huge DW fan ever since my good friend Destin introduced me to it back in 4th Grade. I have owned, at one point or another(not all together), all of the games from the main series. All of the spin-offs have been really good as well. Empires, Xtrerme Legends, and Warriors Orochi (which is a combo between Samurai Warriors and DW). So what is there to hate about this game? Apparently a lot. Some people say it's the same stages over again, just re-designed, but this game is historically based, so what do you want Koei to do, make up events in history that never took place? The ONLY problem I have had with this game is that Dynasty Warriors 4 was glitchy. That's the only problem I had with one of the games out of the entire series. And the funny thing is, the fourth installment is my favorite one. Feel free to post your opinions, and if you love DW, tell which one is your favorite one.

• 16 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

It's low quality, barely ever changes from game to game, and just gets really boring. Some of them are fun, but the quality is lost on the number of them. They breed like horny rabbits.

HiddenDistance
HiddenDistance
1,310 posts
Peasant

barely ever changes from game to game, and just gets really boring. Some of them are fun, but the quality is lost on the number of them. They breed like horny rabbits.

That sums up the reasons why I've come to dislike the NFS franchise and Call of Duty.

Yeah, I enjoy Dynasty warriors - they're tons of fun. I don't buy that many of them though. I leave a big gap between buying one game and buying another. They don't change enough to make them interesting and worth your buck. Not to mention covering the same stories & characters over and over does get pretty old.
wallaman63
wallaman63
159 posts
Nomad

My only complaint is the fighting, yes they changed it for this last one but its still just a button masher.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

I liked DW for a bit, until I realized that everything it is.. is the same... going around and swinging a big sword/whatever. I also noticed that all the game modes... are the same... swinging a big sword around and killing people. SO thats why I don't really like it, and also why I returned it before farming for achievements.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

People want to experience a different experience, and Dynasty Warriors doesn't seem to expand on every installment as much as they should. I did like 6 though, pretty cool stuff in there. Dynasty Warriors has also done a lot to spread recognition of the Three Kingdoms era, one of the more legendary times of ancient Chinese history. I'd say it was the eastern version of the Trojan War, but comparisons like that do neither Western history or Eastern history any justice.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

well Then again, everyone is like Zhou Tai is so awesome, and eventually everyone chooses him as their starter.

blastoise466
blastoise466
30 posts
Nomad

its boring when you play much

klint26
klint26
557 posts
Peasant

Ha my favorite was the GBA dynasty warriors. That game rocked!

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

Repetitive and very easy is the reason no one likes them, but I think the game isn't hated at all.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Dynasty Warriors is one of those games that remake themselves for money. Like the Sonic Franchise. Dynasty Warriors was fun the first time but practically never changed.

Gregbyte
Gregbyte
1,053 posts
Nomad

Dynasty Warriors is a great game since I played the demo, and consequently, bought DW3 back when it was still mainly good. However, I did not buy the others out of a lack of improvements. Apart from the spin-off different style of playing DW, e.g. Empire, it lacks creativity in the new ones apart from new features. E.g. I believe DW3 introduced riding elephants and double musou etc.

Fun at first and a one time buy game-pick the best that you like. I think I've sold it and I don't think that if I do buy one of the new ones, I'll play it for ages.

zakl
zakl
4 posts
Nomad

it is wayyyy to repetitive, and like it gets boring since every single version that comes out is the same

kingironside
kingironside
50 posts
Nomad

becouse its repetitive and its like the same game over and over again with vary meager improvements.

manny132
manny132
41 posts
Peasant

i dont really know because i like it!!!!!

CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

I'm surprised on how many people have replied.

Showing 1-15 of 16