ForumsThe Tavern[necro]Teeth - Not white?

23 5373
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I brush my teeth 4 times a day, but they never get white, or close to white. Cold things that I eat (like Ice Cream) hurts my teeth, and even hard things like apples hurts my teeth. I don't know why..
And please note, I have never dropped a tooth.
Please, help me.

• 23 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

(p.s. doesn't even brush his teeth every day...once didn't brush his teeth for four years straight xD)

(and strop's teeth are in very very good condition, heh.)

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

(p.s. doesn't even brush his teeth every day...once didn't brush his teeth for four years straight xD)

WHOA! O_O

Also, brushing excessively can scrape the enamel off. And if you don't have a choice with brushing less, you can try to get a toothbrush with softer bristles! This may help.

Hmm, okay, thanks. =)
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

@Strop: Same here. . . .

I brush once a day, and I forget sometimes, lol. But my teeth are in amazing condition. . .unless you count that I've had like 3 dental surgeries from extra permanent teeth growing in. . .I've had 5 total extra ones.

boom12n
boom12n
26 posts
Nomad

i brush about 1once every two days simply bc half the time in a hurry to get out the door in the morning, but my teeth are white as can be and gums are fine... alot of it is the person...

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

well you should try oil pulling it really helped my teeth i do it twice a day and like the first 2 weeks i did it my teeth got so much whiter and stronger you should look it up theres a book on it so you should look up OIL PULLING

jakehcatcher
jakehcatcher
49 posts
Nomad

Just dont worry about it and only brush your teeth twice a day not 4 times a day. and why are you doing this to a cat. i would hate that if i were a cat. jeez' t

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

WHAT THE HECK
Doing what to a cat????
Also, you can brush your face 4 times a day if u want to.. theres not a magic rule that says if u brush your teeth more then twice a day you'll explode...

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Use peroxide to whiten your teeth. Mix with equal amounts of water, and gargle or whatever. Dont brush your teeth so often. 3 TIMES A DAY, baking soda once a week, use sensodyne toothpaste. You are wearing down your teeth by over brushing, probably exposing the dentin. Thats why they are sensitive to cold. And you will eventually get receded gum lines.
Source: My cousin who is a dental hygenist.

Showing 16-23 of 23