ForumsThe TavernRandom Facts

142 26477
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.

In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.

Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.

The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.

In the early days of the telephone, operators would pick up a call and use the phrase, "Well, are you there?". It wasn't until 1895 that someone suggested answering the phone with the phrase "number please?"

The surface area of an average-sized brick is 79 cm squared.

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day.

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

Karoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~bingbin/

• 142 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yes I did because I count everytime.

He's probably just checking that they are all there XD
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

If this thread has no discussion, wouldn't that make it a forum game?

We're supposed to post facts, not discuss them and link some sort of conversation. That's what the profiles are for.

Back to the topic.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Naw, I think you discuss the topics in the topics, other wise no topics would have posts.

So someone makes a feeble comment about one of the other user's facts, than someone finds out something about their comment and says it, and the original poster answers the question, and so on? I think we should at least post some random facts in our posts, along with the discussion.
pizzaz007
pizzaz007
120 posts
Nomad

So someone makes a feeble comment about one of the other user's facts, than someone finds out something about their comment and says it, and the original poster answers the question, and so on? I think we should at least post some random facts in our posts, along with the discussion.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT U GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

And did you know that, The word "democracy" is banned in online chat rooms in China.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Anyways, last comment on this matter, as I don't want to get this thread locked.

Very well.

The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

World Tourist day is observed on September 27.

Women are 37% more likely to go to a psychiatrist than men are.

The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).

Diet Coke was only invented in 1982.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

It is illegal to carry Ice cream in your pocket in Kentucky

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Thats really strange.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Olympique de Marseille is the only the French team ever to have won the Champions League/European Cup : 1993

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Portuguese Liga records:
In 1972-73, Benfica won the Portuguese Liga without any defeat (28 wins and 2 ties).
In 2002-03, Porto won the Portuguese Liga with 86 points, the most ever obtained.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I like pizza and hotdogs.
Its a fact.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

The Neanderthals' brain was bigger than yours is.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

He's probably just checking that they are all there XD

Cuz if there were 21 some sort of evil would creep outta somewhere....

(That is a random fact btw.)
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Zombies are real....theres a virus or a parasite that kills its victims and then reactivates their vital parts (Heart and lungs) and then they come back to life and act very violent ten minutes later they die(again)...unless it was dismissed as a hoax

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

never mind my post, it was dismissed.......too bad though..... although I do believe they exist they are smart and waiting for the perfect chance to strike

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Maybe one day Keeton

Showing 46-60 of 142