ForumsThe Tavern'Write A Movie' Contest - Theme: (pending)

1443 315918
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

This thread is going to be a success! Me and goumas13 thought of this thread. When he gets on I'll tell him to come here and tell you what he is going to do. What you are going to do is make a movie using these directions.

Title:
Plot:
Setting:
Characters:
Movie Cover: (picture from photobucket)

There are going to be two judges for each competition. Each competition will be two weeks long. And the winner will receive a merit by Carlie. You cannot win twice.

Now all I need is to have two judges.

First competition is going to start when I have two judges to judge the movies. It will end on July 24th. Get Thinking!!!!

• 1,443 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I don't think is a limit... that guy's last synopsis is like 1 sentence long, lol

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Oh okay well then I will enter.

Title: The earth gets hurled into the sun
Setting: The future
Characters: Everyone
Plot: The earth gets hurled into the sun. Everyone is killed.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I think you will have a better chance if you write more than that though :P lol

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Ok I will expand on it.

Title: The day the earth got hurled into the sun
Setting: The future
Characters: Everyone
Plot: A crazy scientist conducts an experiment that accidentally knocks the earth out of orbit. Now he and the rest of the planet's population have limited time to find a way to keep the earth from getting hurled into the sun, or else it will be the end of earth and the life on it forever. Will they be able to do it or will they get hurled into the sun? Watch the movie to find out.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I will judge sometime tomorrow. Remember, other judges, the challenge is to try and judge before I do...

kyocat64
kyocat64
657 posts
Nomad

Woot! I doubt I'll won but I'm still excited cause I posted mine like the first day the topic was out xP I've been waiting for a while.

HoodHulk58
HoodHulk58
1,181 posts
Nomad

Hey have they judgeed yet? NVM i dont even know why i asked well in anycase do we got anymore entries?

kyocat64
kyocat64
657 posts
Nomad

Hood! Havnt talked to you in forever bro! Comment me sometime! And yeah I think we got like two more....I havnt rly been keeping up T.T

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Judging from me is here! My ratings may be a bit harsh this round, but they have explanations, so don't ask me why you got the rating you got, because it's answered right here!

kyocat - 5.4 It's well-written, but I really don't see how you can make a movie with no characters, no date, and no real plot.

Hoodhulk - 6.7 Very well done, very detailed too. I love how the various stages were specified. It was somewhat unclear to me what the plot was, though. Two guys just killing zombies in a base? Doesn't sound like you can make that into a full-length film.

Thyll - 6.9 It is very well-written, but the plot is a bit jumpy. Plot summaries generally aren't that detailed, and if the plot goes from one scene to the next in the way it's written, the movie will be over in about an hour. It's a bit unclear to me what the relation to apocalypse is. And after the last newspaper lands, what happens? If everyone just dies halfway through the movie, there isn't much you can do with the other half.

Yakitori - 7.1 I love how you turned the apocalypse theme into something far from depressing! I think it would have been better if you had included what happened to the earth, but I guess it may not have been important to the plot. One other thing I thought of is how is a 90-year-old man gonna have enough in him to..."fuel" so many people?

destinydude - 5.9 Not very detailed, but still probably watchable. Though, creating a movie about one zombie is rather difficult because they die so easily. It could use a bit more detail on why he doesn't get shot within the first 45 minutes of the movie.

crazy - 2.1 Where is the plot? Where is the detail? You can't expect to win a contest like this with only one sentence. The description says the kids want to find out why it happened, but it's clearly explained that the snakes where killed by hunters. I don't know how you can make even a half hour out of one sentence like this, and I don't see how it fits the genre.

Terry - 5.7 Not much detail, and again, I'm not sure how you can make a feature-length film out of this. Maybe specify what the experiment was that caused this chaos?

Other judges - You don't have to explain your ratings if you don't want to. I just did it so people wouldn't ask me why they got such a low rating.

HoodHulk58
HoodHulk58
1,181 posts
Nomad

SWEET 6.7 X)
Well now for the other judges to come and rate our movies.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

ya theres a duplicate thread in the AMR section?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

ya theres a duplicate thread in the AMR section?

Oh really now? Prove it!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wait, who were the other judges again?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Wait, who were the other judges again?

Myself and Floyd. I have already judged.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So I'm not a judge?

Showing 1246-1260 of 1443