ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMy AG Inspired Stories

19 3865
Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Assualt On Solar Station Anubis (Intro part 1 of 2) Science Fiction

Partly inspired by "The space game"

The station floated peacefully in space. Its massive Solar arrays spread out like a giant web of wings. Facing the large sun Simius12, That was glowing brighter than ever. The protective electric field is shimmering in the sunlight a few millimeters from the stations aluminum alloy exterior. It spins slightly in this calm place. Like a sunflower, Its petals concave into the sun, the spherical center of the flower is the command center, with several ports to land a ship. One small ship named the Klenduthu is ported next to an array.

As the station spins it is revealed that there is a large hole in it created by a blast. It is marked with dark soot and twisted metal. Furniture and in shuttle accessories slowly float out. The electric field spreads itself thin over the hole. Something is wrong here.

Suddenly the electric field covering the entire station simply vanishes.

"They shut down the electric shields"

Tayet was looking out one of the windows when he heard the announcement of the station manager Baht. He slowly turned his towards the middle aged fat man.

"I suppose this nullifies our peace proposal." Tayet says with a calm clear voice, as if expecting this result. He pushes himself of the wall and towards Baht down the narrow corridor. His lean body floats swiftly through the air and his shoulder length brown hair waves in the zero gravity. He reaches Baht and grabs him by the top front of his shirt.

"Listen to me, if you do not give us the code right away those pirates are going to bombard us with cosmic rays, we have no shields and will fry within minutes. Give me the code, I will use the cells to create another field."

"But, But it is impossible. We do not have the equipment to even make another generator" Baht now confused and helpless. A moment passes where Tayet stares him down with his green eyes. Both men tired, sick and very pale from the low oxygen levels. Tayet spoke.

"What would you rather have, try nothing? or the Impossible?"

Bhat looks away and thinks for the second. He weighs the situation, then decides.

"By the power invested in me by the Giza Solar cooperation, I here by-"

"Cut the Bullshit!"

Pause..."16-9-1-EX3"

"Thank you" Tayet then turns back to the other side of the corridor "Amon! Xerxes!...16-9-1-EX3, bring the cells to the command center. We don't have all day so hustle!"

He then turns back to baht, puts his left hand over his own wide full lips and nose. A thing he does out of habit when he is nervous.

"I hope it is not too late"

To be Continued in a much longer "Intro part 2"

http://mugudustories.blogspot.com

• 19 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I like space-stories.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

It's not bad, it's a quite good space story. It's interesting, but for having a better opinion I have to read the next part too.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Pretty good, though you divulge a few too many details which are unneeded, which truncates the flow of the story a bit. Try using stronger nouns and verbs so you won't need to use adjectives and adverbs so much for adequate description - it'll optimize the flow.

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Goumas13 Yeah next part is coming soon, probably by tonight.

@ Thisisnotanalt Thanks for the constructive criticism, I will heed your advice and see what happens

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Sorry, dudeguy45, I love space stories, I am currently working on one based on Darkbase 2 the hive. watch this space.

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Last Stand - The Helicopter Crash

The immense feeling of euphoria as we flew away from the small outpost we had created and defended for so many days was the strongest emotion I have ever felt. The Military had just saved us in time before the swarms of zombies could get to us. I felt my spirit elevated and for the first time, relief.

Myself and the others, a hand full of survivors that were left, had not slept in days, after we got used to the hum of the chopper and the feeling of flying, most of us fell asleep instantly. Only the pilot and his crew man seemed to be in high spirits. I wonder,where they came from, was there hope? Was there salvation?

My dreams led me to a familiar place of horror and disgust, I could still smell the decomposing flesh, My cloths were drenched in it. The sheer battle to survive, the fright of having to reload when a runner was speeding towards you. The breaking of barricades. I could still hear them, groaning. The sound that could never let you sleep. I could hear a groan now, but, why does it have the sound of a machine with it?

The commotion brought me out of deep sleep, before I could orientate my self and react I heard a loud roar.

"HE'S INFECTED"

My eyes opened to see one of my fellow survivors, Tim, lunge for the crew man. Biting his nose off. The screams were louder even than the helicopter. This got Tim's attention and he attacked the others. He was still fresh, a runner.

Where was my gun? SHIT!!! The crew man packed them away in a compartment. The only piece was the crew mans piece still in his holster. He was clutching his severed nose and screaming in pain. My belt held me in position. The Chopper started going out of control on its path as the pilot panicked and glanced behind.

Tim now done with all the survivors expect Myself and Charlie, (because we were seated on the opposite end), now jumped back on the crew man and bit him in the neck. Perhaps we were in his blind spot for him to see us.

"Throw me the gun!" I shouted. But his pain seemed to daze him. He knew it was over for him, he was in the process of accepting it. He just wanted the least amount of pain on his journey to the end.

"THROW THE FUCKING GUN!!!". He seemed to be far off, but then he reached into his holster.

Tim looked up and finally saw us as the pilot donned on a para-shoot. Tim...I mean the zombie jumped through the air towards us. It seemed to float through the air towards us, yes, it was floating, even if for a split second. We were loosing altitude and so gave the effect of reduced gravity. The Zombie landed on charlie and bit his chin off.

Blood gushed out and onto my body, I closed my eyes in order not to get its saliva in there. When I opened them I saw it turn towards me with malice and evil intent. This was it, I had survived 20 days in a God forsaken place, fighting for my life for it all to end on my way to salvation.

The Pilot opened his door and a very strong breeze came in. It hit us both, strong enough to pin us to the wall. It didn't like this, Through the sound of Charlie screaming I could hear its groan of displeasure. It turned towards the pilot, saw his escape attempt and leaped for him. As it floated towards the cockpit, the crewman managed to do one last good deed. In one foul swoop he slid the glock out of its holster towards me. Even after it had left his hand he kept it up, giving it a deeper meaning.

The two floating objects seemed to pass each other slowly in this adrenalin filled time slowed moment. The zombie landed and the gun landed in my hand. He bit the pilot in the back and I shot Charlie in the head. At this point he was the most risky to me. The zombie heard this and leaped back towards me, This time I had clear vision and a gun.

Its funny how blood and brains can float so beautifully through the air at zero gravity, its funny how a pilot tries to save a helicopter from crashing a few hundred feet from its eminent collision. Its funny how the fetal position can feel so comforting.

It was my first crash. The attempts of the pilot helped save my life.

I shot the rest in the head before I crawled out of the chopper. We had landed in some sort of field, and I could see a town and a small house to my left. I saw a lone zombie enter that house to inspect it. I couldn't help thinking

Here we go again

To be continued...

http://mugudustories.blogspot.com

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Welcome. I also noticed your tense was kind of odd, but it worked surprisingly well.

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Hahahaha yeah, I think I kind of use the tense that I feel carries the best emotions at the time. Its not correct English but if it works it works hahaha

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Last Stand (post2) - The first days after the crash (day1)
(Please read post 1 first)

I stepped into the small building, it was nothing much, a locker room with a few boxes and creates. The Zombie was in the middle, just standing there looking bored. Half dazed. I had found enough ammo for my glock in the chopper, but one thing I Learned from my previous experience was that every bullet counts.

I picked up a near by pipe and slowly tip toed towards it. At this point I suppose people would be thinking about what they are doing, and if it is considered murder. Do they feel anything? Does part of who they were still exist inside? Not me, oh no, this was routine. I could be playing baseball for all I cared.

With one strike I decapitated it. Moved the body out of the way and started setting up a barricade. It was too late to look for a new place now. The night was coming, and so were they. I arraigned the boxes and searched through some, nothing.

There was no door and so I would have to stay up all night defending the place. during the day I could sleep. It seems they do not like the heat, or maybe the light. I was starting to miss Charlie's sense of humor. He always made up stories about some zombies we encountered. "Uh look at that bitch over there, that is the wrong outfit to die in, walking around looking like she a zombie tomato, Bitch red ain't your color!!!"

It wasn't funny, but was better than nothing, its amazing what can make you smile when the shit hits the fan and you are fighting for survival. His best joke so far was about the naked fat man that we met on day 17. "Well if it ever came down to it, I would have to go wi-"

wait

do you hear that?

I twisted my body around as fast as I could, from the corner of my eye I saw a doberman running towards me, my hand reached into my pants and pulled out the glock. I swung my arm out. The pitch black eyes of the dog gave no clue as to where it was looking, but I knew they were on me.

By the time my hand had swung round to point the gun at the dog it had already leaped towards me. Instinctively I jumped back and raised the gun higher. We were locked in this perpetual cycle. My gun floating towards its head, and its body floating towards me. If my life did not depend on it, I would have enjoyed this portrait, this work of art and critique of life.

The Bullet soured through its skull and out the other end. Taking out the Medulla oblongata for sure. That is if dogs had one, I wasn't sure. It did the trick. The now lifeless body landed above my head as I lay on the floor. Not moving.

I lay there, enjoying the feeling of living, once more. I liked the cool of the cement floor, how my body just relaxed and let go of everything. I wasn't tense for the first time in a long time. I had to get up, I knew I had to. The gun shot was sure to attract many more. I didn't want to. I wanted to just be there, and let everything go.

Like on a Saturday morning after a long week at school. Or on a day my mother would spoil me a little by letting me enjoy the dinner we had just eaten on our couch, doing my dishes for me.

Now I was mother, I was my own responsibility. Even more so from the moment I had stabbed her in the head as she tried to bite me.

They came.

I stood up, lay down several ammo magazine clips out onto the top of the barricade, two in my hand facing opposite directions. I took my stance and faced the door. The first ones came running.

I would like to tell you I was a good shooter, I would also like to tell you I had total control over my nerves. However I didn't.

I sprayed them as they came in, aiming mainly for the head. They went down one by one, some made it to the barricade and started tearing it up but I took them down. dogs and humans alike.

There were fat ones, slow ones, fast ones, skinny ones. There were some whose decomposition had turned them green. Others were just puss filled. And it flew out like someone had swung a packet of mayonnaise against the wall.

When the clip was almost empty, (and I have a good feel of this), I would fire all the bullets except one, push the button on the side to drop the magazine and reload. This saved me from having to re-cock the gun, or use more force for the double action. Plus during reload time I would have a spare bullet just in case.

I was by now fighting the sparse remnants. It was over, I would survive. There was enough ammo to spare.

When the sun came out I rested. dragged the bodies outside and burnt them. enough disease was going round, I didn't need any extra.

After getting ready I went out into the town. Nothing special happened during the trip so I will skip it. All you need to know is that in the super market, sheriff's office and the old house at the edge of town I found enough supplies for one day of travel and a survivor ironically called Tim, I laughed when he got past his shivering to tell me his name.

Its amazing what can make you laugh, when the shit hits the fan. Last night was easy, but it was supposed to be, I had just landed and most never knew I was there, or would take time to eventually reach me. It will get close in the future. I will need better guns, more help and a plan, some form of direction.

I know the helicopter came from somewhere, We have to reach a heaven. That was my hope, my reason.

to be continued

http://mugudustories.blogspot.com/

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Working on "Crush the castle" the story.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I picked up a near by pipe and slowly tip toed towards it. At this point I suppose

Your tense is inconsistent.
Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Yeah I know, but its what feels right. Lets think about it "I bend down and pick up a pipe" doesn't sound as philosophical as the above mentioned. The thing is he is going a little crazy and is talking to himself. So its supposed to be a little off. Of course this is an intentional fact that I use to exploit several ways of writing, plus not needing to be consistent :-)

But yeah, I do that all the time when the story is told by the character, that's what comes naturally to me. I can understand when it is irritating, especially to a fellow writer.

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

Working on Assault on solar station part 2 right now, possibly done by tonight. didn't have time earlier

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

will take a little longer than expected to update solar station, sorry. very busy

Mugudu
Mugudu
17 posts
Nomad

(Crush the castle story?) Trebuchet guys: Lady in the water

"It is Trebucket"

"Ney I say, it is Named a trebuchet, for that is what they call it in the scribed manual"

"Me Lord, I propose an origin of the word. It was called Trebucket, but the soldiers of the time did not enjoy going to yonder battle with a weapon that sounded like three buckets filled perhaps with spit and assorted animal genitalia, thus they chose to pronounce it in a french like manner, resulting into the Trebuchet. The original being dropped for its lack of battle cry ability"

"Young squible-"

"It is squire me lord"

"It is what ever I choose it to be!" The Lord Milligan was beginning to get angry now, the young squire he called squible was headstrong, stubborn and most annoying of all he was very intelligent. Unfortunately for the lord he was all he could afford at this time. You see, all the other royals had taken his land and possessions, left for dead at the bottom of a shit hole (literally). Now it was time for his revenge, his vengeance. You could almost here the cheesy grindhouse music of the 1970's, even though they were hundreds of years behind, within medieval times

"Now we have to set up this contraption as quickly as possible before the sun sets, so we can see the where we are catapulting our rocks"

"Lord Milligan, they are bound to illuminate the castle, at night they shan't be able to expose our location, for they will not see the rocks till they hit the lady Poldrid right on her fat head"

Milligan was a young man too, just witnessing his 30th winter (That means he is 30), Squble had seen 20, He was blinded for a whole winter one time when he was 6 due to an eye infection, so he is actually 21.

The lady Poldrid was one of the key players in throwing Lord Milligan into the shit hole. Although she was not present for it, she was one of the conspirators. As children Poldrid was in love with Milligan, the was a stalker. Staring at him during fencing training, having an artist make a portrait of his nether-regions as he swam in the lake, "the whole 9 yards"...oh crap WW2 hasn't happened yet...ahhh..."the whole walk to mount Golgotha" ???.

Never the less, her anger from his rejection made her so angry that if she couldn't have him then no one could. And so helped his fall into the shit hole. Milligan at times told those listening to him how he was a Lord and survived several days within a shit hole. He told them how he dealt with the intoxicating smell, He told them how he cut out his smell sensors within his nose, of course he called them "the flesh that smells". He was lying of course, to gain some pride from a very embarrassing situation. And now he was attempting revenge.

The two of them along with some help from their sole mule managed to set up the mini tribuchet. The sun had fallen and the first stars were beginning to twinkle. The moonlight reflect smoothly on the water ditch surrounding the castle. Milligan knew this castle well, he had hidden here as a teenager when the Lady tried to seduce him by running around naked. Her plan how ever failed due to the fact her face looked like a cross between a gorilla and a warthog (she even had elongated bottom canines to match)

"Me Lord, why do you not let it be? Is it not a miracle that you live to tell the tale? Why do you not live out the rest of your life with what you have and a little family and house out in the farmlands or black forest?"

"Squible, Have you ever been wronged?"

"Yes of course me lord"

"Then you will know the feeling, that flame within you that needs to be quenched only with the pain and suffering of those responsible, only with their blood or tears"

"Me lord you should thank the Lord for your life and use it to live happily, not risking it once more only for the sake of vengeance, it is not worth it"

"It is my choice to make" at this point Squible can see the fire in his eyes "And I choose the death of mine enemies, I will kill them all until I become king, the crown is rightfully mine."

" Alright, but thou should not clame in the afterlife that I never told you. I do hope your sister is as beautiful as the portraits I saw, otherwise I would have risked my life as well for nothing"

A thorn went through Milligans body and up into his heart. He knew that Squible was only in it to bang his fine ass sister. It hurt him but was a necessity, he couldn't do it alone.

"Alright let us fire a test shot" Milligan tried to talk in a calm voice. They set up a boulder and fired. It landed close to the water. They were doing good for their first night shot

"That was good Squible, but we have to get the rock into the courtyard and under the tower"

"how shall we destroy the castle with mere rocks and one bomb?"

"I used to hide under that tower when we were young, I know it is very weak and nearing collapse. If we explode the front base that is supported by old timber, it would collapse onto the wall breaking it and letting the water inside. As I know Poldrid, she is most likely in the dungeon torturing a poor soul for her own desires. The water would rush in and drown her"

"Along with the poor soul being tortured?"

"It is inevitable"

"You are actually very clever for some one who fell into a shit hole, I am ready for the second"

"Tighten the rope a little, it has to land straight in, and remember once we hit the wall the guards will be alerted, so we better be swift in firing the bomb."

The second rock landed in the water ditch with a loud &quotlop"....well actually it made more of a &quothssshhhhhhh" sound, but that's irrelevant.

Milligan and squible now knew it was all or nothing, as soon as the guards knew they would send out a party to hunt them down. Disassembling was not an option and they had the mule and wagon ready to drag the Trebuchet on its wheels out of there as soon as possible. This was it, the start and/or end of Milligans revenge against the shit-hole-in-throwers gang.

They fired the third rock, it flew right in the direction of the castle tower, they had the directions right. But it lost altitude too soon, cruising towards the wall. It crashed into the top part of the flimsy wall, collapsing a whole top section. Two guards patrolling fell instantly to their death.

"We are on target, Squible quick tighten the rope and adjust the angle as I light the bomb" Both men rushed to their chores. The Lord lit it with the small fire they had on the side for this purpose. Placed it in the correct position.

"Its tight and with higher angles"

"Fire!!!"

"what?"

"Fire!!!"

"Me lord actually it is pull!!! I pull the trigger"

The guards started assembling, the bombs kept nearing its detonation time

"Bloody fool pull the damn thing before it blows us up!!!"

And away it went, its pitch black color concealing it in the night, over the land, over the water ditch, through the gap in the wall created by the rock and finally underneath the tower.

The two men half cheered, full of excitement and adrenalin they waited for the blast. And what a blast it was, the bomb ripped out the bottom of the tower like a mole does to soft soil. Debris and projectiles flew everywhere, hitting and killing all they could. The tower began to shake and move, swinging around till it finally reached a tipping point. It crashed into the wall and digging deeper into the ground, letting the murky water flood inside. It knocked several guards and maidens to the floor. it rushed into every part of the castle.

The men where now dancing with joy, holding hands and hugging with utter excitement of having achieved some thing so original, so creative and so damn spectacular. It was a sight to behold and the small castle crumbled to the ground in its weaker parts. The water engulfed it.

There had been no time for the party to escape and so the men had nothing to fear, at this moment. After a long time of recollecting themselves and searching. They finally found the lady Poldrid, her life less body floated at the spot that used to be the tower.

A feeling of intense deep dark joy filled Milligans heart as he saw this and as they rode off. He had started his vengeance. He had announced his presence and his motives. He had began something that he would now have to finish. For everything there is a first.

And the first, had been the floating Lady in the water.

(Inspired by crush the castle)

Showing 1-15 of 19