ForumsSupport ForumRatings: 1 point instead of 2

29 5189
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, I was looking at the profiles of some of the higher ranking members and I noticed that almost all of them have rated about 600 games. As far as I am aware, rating a game will give you two points, and posting in the forum gives you 1 point. I was thinking, why give somebody 1000 points for going through the site and clicking a whole bunch, whilst spending a greater amount of time contributing to the site community will give less points? I think that it would be a good idea to make game rating give less points, forum posting more points, or both. Does anybody have an opinion on this?

• 29 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Rate forum stuff? Well, I like the idea but I don't think that it should give points. If somebody that pots in the forum a lot, like me, were to rate every one of their posts, that's an extra 700 points. Rating forum posts would be interesting though, because it would mark out spam and would be able to give the original poster a good idea if they are makin worthwhile posts.

zorvaz
zorvaz
202 posts
Nomad

Leave the points be otherwise everyone wil lgo down in points and firetail madness wudnt be a prince anymore

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

You act like it's a bad thing to do this when in fact it's a very good idea. Even though it would slow down the pace of gaining points, it will still be possible to make prince. Also, it'll be a lot more fair if this is done, and somebody makes prince.

frozenskull
frozenskull
89 posts
Nomad

rating 1 point coments 2 points and forum posts 3 points what you think?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Acctually, it might make some people get to prince faster, if the points for forum posting are increased. If people make worthwhile posts in the forums alot, which is what I feel should be valued on this site, they will advance in rank. I also brought up the idea of "forum merits" awhile ago, but I believe that it was rejected for one reason or another.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I like the idea of merits on forums. I have seen people make VERY good posts on some topics. Especially some of the contraversial ones.

rogue_oeht
rogue_oeht
33 posts
Nomad

I think they should leave it as it is.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, the response that I got from the mods was that there are vvery many merit worthy posts on the forums, and if forum merits were to be made possible, merits would become a much more common thing on the site, which would cause a sort of inflation in the value of merits.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

That is actually what just passed through my mind. That would be just like our economy today. The dollar is losing so much worth and if that happened, it would seem that merits aren't that special.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Unless a new kind of "forum merit" was created that would be worth, say, 5-10 points. And maybe there could be a limit to the amount per thread that you could get.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

You know thats also a great idea. Maybe we should ask Carlie about this idea.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yes, but I am pretty sure that mods cannot make any major site changes. I'll see what she thinks, but I am going to email the site about this and get Dan's opinion on the matter.

wow4ever1212
wow4ever1212
192 posts
Shepherd

I'm so in for the timer. I think ratings need 2 points, as nick said, the show how much you play the games on the site.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, I emailed the site with a brief summary of my idea and a link to this thread.

Showing 16-29 of 29