ForumsWEPRthe impact of rap on kids and teeagers

27 7209
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok well i like to make it obvious that i am a "metalhead" (listens to alot of heavy metal) but the thing is rap seems to have "taken over", and everywhere i go i hear someone blasting it, either in their car or walking by someone and hear their ipod. Now i dont hate rap, it is a genre of music people like, and it is their choice to liten to it, but i dont like the message, most of the songs are about either violence, drugs, or prostitution. I know some rap is good and actuly can have a good message to it, but the ones i'm talking about is the new mainstream rap, for example: soulja boy, snoop dog, and lil wayne. i know heavy metal may not be the most christian loving genre of metal, but not all of it satanic (same thing as rap, parts actuly have a good message), i ecspecially get the heavy metal is evil reaction around where i live. Why is it that the less important rap is more famous while the bands trying to send a message are left out? i belive that the newer rap is helping cause more of the teenage, young adult, gang violence, due to the violent lyrics. what are people thoughts on this?

• 27 Replies
armagheddonman
armagheddonman
158 posts
Nomad

I like rap and Im a teenager but im not violent

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

This is a great topic, couldn't be used in the same way to question video games? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that video games are always going to be much more violent than rap music.

My thoughts this is the kids that are more prone to violence are more attracted to violent games and music. Yes?

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

it is true what asherlee is saying, video games are violent, and i play them, what im saying isnt that hateful and violent lyrics dont make peple want to kill each other, they make people used to the violence, and make them not care as much about violence, but once again its not the games or music doing it, its just people being people, the only reason the world seems more violent is because we have media to cover every thing thats happens, but in reality humanity is not any more violent then before

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, we are probably more violent because we have easier means to do so through technology.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well that is true, technology does make it easier to kill, but in the aincent times, people thought it was an honor to fight wars, and kill and die, so there was more battles, would you think that would balance it out?

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Yeah, I agree with Asherlee because if somebody just loves violences for some weird reason then they'll love violent video games. Also, if they see something that they think is cool, from the game, which could be killing somebody in a very brutal way, then those people might consider trying something like that.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well nick, games may influence violence, but your not going to play a game....say grand theft auto san andreas, its not just going to make you go kill hundreds of police, as long as their is new media, it will be blamed for violence

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

i play violent video games all the time and i don't kill people.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya i play stuff like dead rising, the ones with extreme gore and violence, and i dont go kill people

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

I play halo and I kill alot of people in it and I am not going phyco

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well video games may actuly help, because maybe you had gotten very angry at school or your job earlier, you could just go home kill some people, and that may calm you down, since you are doing something you enjoy

dcfb312
dcfb312
203 posts
Nomad

I dont listen to rap but I think it sends a bad message. I like light rock.

Showing 16-27 of 27