ForumsSupport ForumSite Suggestions 2 (revised)

12 5480
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

My previous thread was fairly succesful at gathering muliple ideas. It was getting a tad bit long, and we all know how easy it is to skip reading every page between 1 and 7. This being said, I decided I am going to post all the suggestons gathered from my last thread and post them all in the front page.

Suggestions:
*Optional background colors
- White is nice and all but other colors could realy make this site feel more like home to many users.

*Lines between posts.
-ArmorDan already has this on his "to do" list.

*General Topic
-A place for people to get together and talk about just about everything they would want.

*"Edit Post" option (at least for thread starter)
-So someone could update their first post in the thread they started to correct major errors or to keep their thread updated.

*Daily point limit (Forums)
-Keeping people from getting over 50 points a day by spamming the forums.

*Post delay
-Help to prevent multiple posts acuring from lag, I am guessing a 15-20 second delay is apropriate.

*Points for beating games
-Users can get points for beating games. I dont know how this would work out, I predict problems with this one, but it is what the people wanted.

*Time limit between comments
-I beleive that if you comment one game, you should have to wait a certain amount of time to comment again. This should greatly discourage comment spammers. About 5-20 min between each comment sounds like an idea waiting time.

Please leave more ideas and feel free to comment about the ideas i have listed. Please do not stray too far off topic (If you hit the gravel, gradualy turn back onto the road = D).

• 12 Replies
Doomy123
Doomy123
125 posts
Nomad

This will probably help.

*close topic

an option for mods to close spam or anything else offensive, or just lame.

Doomy123
Doomy123
125 posts
Nomad

brown-ish would be okay for a color. Or maybe gray.

dr_peace
dr_peace
304 posts
Nomad

Here's one I want to see- A forum watch/subscribe button. If some one wants to know when another user replies to their post, or if they want to know what's new in the forum that they created, a message is sent to their profile telling them which forums have new posts.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

It is great to be back. I have not been on in a few days so i could not add any new ideas.

Also Doomy, I am sure mods already have that.

Doomy123
Doomy123
125 posts
Nomad

dude, we have mods?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I dont know, but if we do, then they dont talk much or no one knows they are a mod. If we do not have any right now, I am completely sure they will be able to delete posts.

kongking948
kongking948
41 posts
Nomad

Well like I said in my suggestion topic, I think there should be a polls/updates topic.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I like that idea dr_peace. That would realy help people keep track of what people think about their posts.

Ill have to add that one to my next list if I decide to make one.

*Forum watch
-option to keep track of a thread in the forums which notifies users if a post has been made under that particular thread.

I would also like to see something that tells you when someone is online or not. I remember seeing that on the forums somewere but I forgot were.

Falerix
Falerix
47 posts
Nomad

Some bugs with comments on games.
People can vote on their own comments if they just refresh the page. Comments can also be flagged multiple times this way.

We need some mods. People would have high points and know how to type, and can round up spammers and other people who just want points for some reason.

Maybe give out points for high scores, You could use something like Rankosaurus.

Other ways to earn points as well, maybe for flagging some one who gets banned later. (Good Citizens)

Give things out for earning ranks. Such as certain privileges. (High score submission, flagging, editing, commenting).

Ranks (maybe) should be visible with the name when viewing "All Comments", maybe not Quick Comments as it might be too cluttered.

If we get some multiplayer games, get some tournaments up. That would be amazing. (Something like Choas Faction)

Messages inbox. Friend challenge system. Basic things.

Can't think of anything else yet. :P

Good luck! Here to help.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Those are some good ideas.

Another Idea I have would be:
*view amount change
-everytime someoen enters or clickes the link to a thread, it coutns as a view. I think itshould be views of how many seperate individuals have seen the thread.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Sorry about the bad grammer and spelling, I am tired and need sleep. Good Night Alls!

thechosengecko
thechosengecko
27 posts
Peasant

i like your amount change idea it sounds promising

Showing 1-12 of 12