ForumsThe TavernBest Footballer of 2009

29 3368
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Who was the best footballer (soccer player) of 2009? Here are your choices: Just vote for any of them. If you want to help moderate just ask me.

Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Steven Gerrard
Kaka
Samuel Eto'o
Fernando Torres
Wayne Rooney
Frank Lampard
John Terry

• 29 Replies
ALUKARD1
ALUKARD1
786 posts
Nomad

Dude WTF's where's Ribery???
But from your list... I'd say... I dunno..
I don't really favor any of them.
And 6 out of the 10 on your list all play in England, so you need to "spice" it up a bit (pun intended)
I thought Diego Forlan had an awesome season in la Liga, with over 30 goals.
CR7 had a crap season compared to last year, and is probably not going to do well over at Madrid.
I don't think Lampard had a "best footballer" season either, and IMO, Messi was slightly outclassed by Eto'o.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Thats the official list of the top 10 footballers of 2009. So I just put down them.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Lionel Messi was the best footballer of 2009 he helped Barcelona win the Champions League, La Liga and La Copa del Rey.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was great too this year he scored many vital goals for Inter and helped the team win the Serie A. He was not the best footballer of 2009, because he did not play very well in Europe. Now he will play for Barca and Eto'o will play for Inter, the Cameroonian can help a lot Inter with his experience and his tactical ability, maybe this year he will score in the CL final and Inter will win the title.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Now he will play for Barca and Eto'o will play for Inter

I thought Eto'o was going to Man. City. Anyway this is supposed to be a poll so here are the standings

Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi- 1
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Steven Gerrard
Kaka
Samuel Eto'o
Fernando Torres
Wayne Rooney
Frank Lampard
John Terry
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

From that list I will go for Steven Gerrard. He is brilliant every year but this year he combines briliantly with Torres (when FT wasn't injured >.&gt and scored some grat goals. Plus he an absolute inspiration to the Liverpool team and is an amazing captain.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I thought Eto'o was going to Man. City.

Almost every single player has been linked with City.
Links about Eto'o
Interview

photos
more photos
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Thats cool. Ive always liked inter they just aren't my favorite team. I'm not really sure who is. Probably Barcelona

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Wise choice Barcelona is an awesome team for many reasons.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I like Man U just not a ton. Its fun to watch Rooney and Ronaldo. But Ronaldo is on Real Madrid now. Here is a list of my fave teams.

1. FC Barcelona
2. Inter Milan
3. Manchester United
4. AC Milan
5. Germany hehe international team.

Heres a funny story. Yesterday I was playing Fifa 09, and Spain is the best team on the game. I played them with Barcelona, but I forgot that Puyol and Xavi and others were on the Spain team. They got a corner and Xavi took it, then I got a corner and Xavi took it lol

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

My favorite 5 teams:
1.Inter
2.Newcastle (they had Shearer)
3.Borussia Dortmund (they were a good team some years ago)
4.Olympique Lyonnais (they had Juninho)
5.Parma (they have prosciutto and cheese)

Fifa 09 is a great game, but I think that PES09 is better, though I was a huge fan of the Fifa series.
Also the best goalkeeper of Fifa 09 is Julio Cesar, Inter's keeper.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

oh. I have all good teams for my top 5. Im ashamed. lol I also like Juventus. Del Piero is a beast. So is Buffon

This is really off subject lol

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Juventus is evil!
Del Piero was/is a good striker, but he is quite old so he sores a lot form the penalty spot and with free kicks.
buffon was the best keeper for many years, but after his injury he is not that good.
We are not off topic we are having a debate about the best/our favorite footballer/team.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Juventus is evil!

compared to Milan (both) they are. Del Piero was my Favorite Player from 2005-2006. He was very good then. I also like Ronaldinho and Kaka. Its so hard to pic a fave

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Javier Zanetti is great too, he uses his experience, tactic skills and leadership to help the team win. He is a great footballer and person.
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/goumas13/javierzanetticup-1.jpg
Also here is a photo of Sulley Muntari marking Ronaldo:
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/goumas13/sulleymuntari.jpg

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Zanetti is the captain of inter.

http://footballdirecta.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/zanetti-ci1.jpg

I like Miroslav close to.
http://www.xoghaye.com/images/articles/2008_06/169/u2_golkakalos.jpg

And Michael Ballack. Not a big chelsea fan, but I don't dislike them. Btw I'm 25% Duetch. thats why i like Germany so much.

Him with a fro
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/PA-6104470.jpg

Showing 1-15 of 29