ForumsGames[necro] Colony - Suggestions & Ideas

67 26930
ilyajedi
ilyajedi
20 posts
Nomad

Let's write ideas about improving the Colony's gameplay here.

Moderators, please, make this topic important.

When you are posting your idea, please write name and short summary of it.

When you are commeting someone's idea, please write name of that idea and why do you like it or dislike it.

My personal ideas:

[For of war]
You with your friend can only see a part of field. Your units open area around them.

[Hosting more options]
Please, let hosters give more options on sever such as: No missiles, no hospitals, etc.

[Select all XXX-class units]
With small button you can choose class of units and all units of this class on battefield will be selected.

[Friends and IM]
Add abilty to have friendlist and add friend and have private talks with friends.

P.S. Big thanks to Krin for the game

• 67 Replies
Eqlizer
Eqlizer
2 posts
Nomad

Make 3v3/4v4 or even 5/7 possible! It would be super awesome!!

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Make 3v3/4v4 or even 5/7 possible! It would be super awesome!!

It wont be ballanced that way
origin
origin
2 posts
Nomad

Most important and most annoying thing that should be fixed right away is when you end your game, you should exit in GAME ROOM, not lobby. Enables easy rematches, comments, making friends and community etc, etc. Playing every other game with some random dude is boring.

Also, more in-game problem is that INFLUENCE system needs major tweaking. Special units should be cheaper (not every one costing 100 points) and gaining influence should be like 1 per solider on field per 10 seconds, 2 per tank per 10 seconds, etc.. graded and tweaked up. This way people would actually care about their troops and games would be more interesting, not like most &quotro" games are now - build up, pump troops, send wave, pump some more troops, send wave, win-or-lose.

Here are also some of things that would like to see tweaked right away:

1) Sakas AA are superior, they should NOT have blast radius, rather than have strong attack on single target and maybe sligty shorter range. Strengt of attack is IMO, OK. (3-5 sakas AA blasting group of 30 phantoms is just plain stupid).
2) demolition of building should last the same as building + player should get 50% resources refund.
3) when player demolishes armory, all units that require upgrade should be disabled even the forge is upgraded to tier 3.
4) tank blast radius should also reduced. one tank shell killing 20 marines is also stupid (maybe impement single hit maximum number of unit damage attribute).

Some ideas for future version:
1) another building that gives 3/5 and 4/3 manpower when upgraded (call it press center, propaganda center, or something like that).
2) each building should have hit points and should be able to be attacked SEPARATELY. Center should be STRONGER and should have at least 3 abilities to upgrade (both defense walls and attack), so opponent should focuse more on cripling economy or build troop ability, not directly blasting center and game-over.
3) special operations: 2 types of missiles (ones for direct base attack - expensive one, and one for troop attack - shorter range (50% of the screen) and cheaper and should also have max unit dmg modifier - killing 50 marines with one missile is not realistic).
4) anti-balistic missile defense (ABMD) building (destroys missile attack - uses energy, should have ON/OFF switch)
5) slow up gameplay by 25%, so people can actually MICROMANAGE gameplay + some army managment tools (select same, select some etc etc)

Thats about it for now. I have many more ideas, I'll write them up when they crystalize. This game should be easy to play and hard to master and IMHO, one game should last at least 10-20 minutes, be a mini-war and something to talk about. Current concept is very promissing and great fun.

ilyajedi
ilyajedi
20 posts
Nomad

So, Krin, what are you thinking about others ideas that players suggested? We don't make you do them right now, just tell us your opinion! :P

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

^ your name annoys me...

Here is a suggestion, a balancing one.

Gladiators should be cheaper and have a faster build time, because Hover tanks (which are cheaper and build faster) own them.

uber1
uber1
226 posts
Nomad

Gladiators should be cheaper and have a faster build time, because Hover tanks (which are cheaper and build faster) own them.
I have to agree but not too fast. Like slightly slower than hover tanks build speed. Because they can shoot air too.
ThouhArePwned
ThouhArePwned
11 posts
Nomad

Adding more units would be nice. Adding more buildings would also be "Nice". 1 more building space would be helpful.

icuzizzi
icuzizzi
325 posts
Peasant

im not sure if this is exactly right but, this is when it happens for me. Whenever the game host leaves it always lags out, so that all the units are still fireing, but no damage is dealt, you cant type, and you cant quit. All you can do is refresh, which is a b$%&# beacuse it takes 3O min to get into the sever again. Not sure if this is because the host has somekind of tie to the game or what, but if thats the case then make the these ties to the sever itself and the host just a game starter. Oh and a suggestion, in the servers you should make rooms, for cold war, dog fights, low tech ect. This wud be helpful for ppl wanting to play only one type of game or for when ppl dont name a game "cold war" or "bobs no missle match" ect.

-icuzizzi

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

there should be more influencial units, and you should be able to decide which goverment cal come in the game

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

More units & more buildings is all I want. Keep us fresh and guessing.

Aval
Aval
1 posts
Nomad

I think that the only thing this game needs is admins for multiplayer. Spamming is really an issue, and I REALLY wouldn't recommend anyone under 12 playing multiplayer.

Also, chat sometimes has several lines of text show up instead of one. For example, if I typed "Hello.", it would display:

Aval: Hello.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Also, chat sometimes has several lines of text show up instead of one. For example, if I typed "Hello.", it would display:

That occurs when you change rooms or join a game than leave...
SportsChamp
SportsChamp
434 posts
Nomad

1. NO CHEATS!!!
2. More servers.
3. Letting us take the spot of our partners absence.

You all have good ideas also.

Redsoul
Redsoul
65 posts
Peasant

Mini Avatars of some Sort And a 3vs3 or 4vs4 Modes

1vs1 Mode
Diffrent places to fight (instead of same old Grass)

Better Anti-Hack system (i was so good the game kicked thinking i was hacking xD

Fix Certain Glitches concerning Special modes (coldwar'Earthquake ect.)

And last but not least...... Upgrades for units (All Infantry +5 speed ect.)

Redsoul
Redsoul
65 posts
Peasant

-ADDITI0N
More building spaces (like 1 or 2 more )

And DEFENSE BUILDINGS 2 squares in front (for each person) and u can place a wall or some sorta turret :P that be Awsome

Showing 31-45 of 67