ForumsWEPRMaking knowledgeable statements involves "READING"

42 10448
Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

I find myself reading through the topics, and finding so many people with illogical points of view. I am very disappointed with people who dont do research and instead come to fictional or down right stupid conclusion. My suggestion would be to read a book or article before making an embarrassing statement that shows people of your degrading knowledge. I just want to know how many others are pissed off at people who can barely spell, not even going to the point of making a good statement.

• 42 Replies
Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

To tell you the truth carty if i wanted to hear and ars hole i would fart. You dont read, and i never talked down about to kids or teenagers. I said i was disappointed in how many people dont read about anything. Yeh no s#!t Sherlock we can hear, but lets just say im studying something un college or university. My professor will give a lecture, im gona take notes and im gona do research. So there is ALLOT more to LEARNING something that just listening to it. How els would you write music, you would read music and u would learn to write it, and after a while you get better at it.
So im not the idiot here, youâre a 13 year old child, think before you speak. You might have morals and beliefs but your young and they will change when u do research and by doing things that will make you grow as a person. You will have more things to talk about and you wont sound like yur proving nothing a shouldnt or written anything at all

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

So if u dont like the subject thats being discusses and probably wont bother learning about it, then dont write something about it that u think is true or false. Dont bother at all, cuz you sound stupid

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Because, if he said DNA is simply your genetic code you'd recieve something. But usually after a lecture your supposed to understand whats come out of it. Which is kind of why studying was invented. So you get more out of it.

Also, if you were ignoring what he was saying you wouldn't have learned it . xP

1) Good Vocab simply makes yourself more or less of an idiot. [I'm sure swearing well wouldn't help].

[You used a big word, BTW. Incompetent. xP]

I agree with you, though. But, if you can't cross a good point without the right words, it'll be rather useless. So I'm saying words help.

By the way, Crunk, don't talk down tah kids. Most adults are rather slower than 13 year olds. and I mean people in their 30's.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

Armord Blade, you fuit cake did u read what i just said? i said i wasnt talking down to kids or teenagers! homany times do i have to say this, most poeple dont read so they dont learn anything. Im too tired to keep writing this its annoying, im repeating myself because some of you people are clowns and might aswell join the circus cuz the only thing your gona learn in life is to look and act dumb in yur clown shoes. Being 13 and being 30 is a big difference, someone who is 30(whos not american) is smarter both book smart and street smart. Someone who is 13 years old knows almost jack about the world and wouldent survive alone without thier mommy and daddy

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

True enough about the last part. That doesn't mean they dont' know jack about the world. Someone thats thirty and not american prolly is smarter if they had a good life. Someone who's thirty and is American can also be rather stupid, too. I'm guessing that you are, if you plan on calling others fruit cakes and can't spell their name correctly when you adress others that they should.

Being thirteen vs. 30 is a large difference, it can show you have experience and intellectual knowledge about how the world works. IT DOESNT MEAN that you can't be bested by someone younger. The world is always changing.

Its not right to demean someones intellect because of their age, just because that person is probably defeated in alot of smarts compared to yours, expecially world experience DOESNT mean they dont' know anything. I bet you turn a few years back I could have shown you up in something. After all [Thankfully] I wasn't an idiot.

By thirteen, I had most of the world geographized, I knew alot about US Polotics and the middle east, Pakistan and India, and alot of other stuff.

So, Honestly, a thirteen year old child is no better than you are. Everyones equal. Also, you should read what he said. I'm sure some lectures are specific enough that you can remember them. [Heaven knows last time I took notes and acctually read off of them. xD]

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

...when did this become an age debate? Granted, it's something to be remembered, but still. Maybe the message could be broadened: "don't shoot your mouth if you don't have ammo."

* Arguing about the mode of information transfer and acquisition is nitpicking.

* Picking on ageist issues any which way is making an absolute out of a generalisation. That adults have more wisdom than children is a generalisation, with the exceptional clause that one shouldn't always discount what 'children' say- in a forum like this I'd suggest reading the claim, not the person. A stronger generalisation is that as you grow older, your wisdom generally changes.

A broad vocabulary can be used for several things. Most properly, it's for being precise i.e. this is when I'd be talking over most people's heads for the sake of communicating something specific to specific people. Quite often, it's used for showing off, and I'd like to think that I didn't come to this forum to do that. This is frequently confused with simply having fun. Obscure as my verbal humor might be, if I'm not allowed to have a giggle while writing that would make me a Strop indeed >:

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Fair enough Strop. One's sense of humor is not universal, and I certainly don't want to be known for interfering with giggles of any sort, no matter the source of amusement (unless it's at someone else's expense, mind you).

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

(Yeah, I don't like that either.) To be sure though, I know I tend to fail at being readable when I get tired and all the big words start slipping through the gaps...it's actually an effort for me. That's how my brain works (and that's not something I'm actually proud of!)

...if you think I'm bad, try talking to a Harvard graduate: "Oh, please accept my gratituous apologies, I was unaware that my mellifluous prose disoriented you so!"

...okay. I'm evil xD

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

There is nothing wrong with being a bit multifarious.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

Strop i dont know, this is not a age debate at all. Armored blade is discussing an imaginary topic. This is about how many people weather they are a child like Armored blade or their a college grad. I gave statistics saying 1 in 5 students in high school read, thats probably why hes getting at the ages.

Armored Blade you are a child dont bother writing in this topic unless you fully understand what it is about. You would of understood to topic if u didnt have selective reading. Most people have this and its annoying as hell, so just stop posting you are not even on track.

You are contradicting yourself u idiot âa thirteen year old is better that you areâ then u go and say that everyone is equal. Just shut up and think before you write something, by the way I am not 30 years old. Take in account the 88 next to my name, their the digits of the year of my birth.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Oh the irony...

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Haha Dragon you have come out of nowhere and said that twice now. (I am counting how many times I can find you doing that, lol)

Showing 31-42 of 42