ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329700
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
loganada
loganada
186 posts
Nomad

christians are dick heads, they always think theyre right

loganada
loganada
186 posts
Nomad

Atheists don't dump everything into an "I don't know" classification. Though there are things really we don't know and rather then filling the gaps with "god did it" we honestly say "we don't know". Then we search for the answers and hopefully we eventually find them

And thats why atheists are better than you, we have logic, we think correctly, we dont have religon changing our judgemnet
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

christians are **** heads, they always think theyre right

Name calling is no way to win a debate.

And thats why atheists are better than you, we have logic, we think correctly, we dont have religon changing our judgemnet

I wasn't making the claim that I or anyone for that matter was better because of being an atheist. With Christianity like most in mainstream organized religions have had what they believe drilled into them since birth, instead of being taught critical thinking skills.

Just an interesting video
Quest for Truth: Preconceptions
Reaperoff
Reaperoff
42 posts
Nomad

Just saying, why would God let humans kill his son? Why would he have a son? We are all of his sons in my mind because he created all of us, i believe in God and Jesus but not that Jesus was Gods son

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Just saying, why would God let humans kill his son? Why would he have a son? We are all of his sons in my mind because he created all of us, i believe in God and Jesus but not that Jesus was Gods son

Because humans sacrifice of himself to himself was the only way he could forgive us for all the horrible things we did like eat a fruit. Though the punishments for it didn't seem to stop so I guess it really didn't matter to much on our limited level.
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

How did universe strated who created all those things before big bang
And if god exist who created god :/

Asdlkf
Asdlkf
70 posts
Nomad

Every religion says you're damned if you don't believe their specific doctrine.

What makes God more likely than the flying spaghetti monster?

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

(Sorry to reply to an old post, but I was looking through the thread and I took issue with this post.)

Why did thousands of Jews convert to Christianity within 20 years of Christ's death at the cost of being rejected from their society and family?

Call me cynical, but it's because the belief system was adopted by the Romans as their own. This new, rather egalitarian religion was dangerous to the elitist Roman system. So by making it official they found a way of controlling it. I am almost certain that if it had not been picked up by them, Christianity wouldn't have spread as quickly or as widely.

Those 'dumb people' back then weren't quite as dumb as people tend to think. Greeks were advanced mathematically, Mayans astronomologically (eh.. or something), Israelites had advanced hygiene and law systems, Egyptians had impressive building skills, and so on. These stupid people might not have been so stupid. They clearly didn't pass time throwing rocks at each other and picking their noses.

Oc course they weren't syupid. However, the rich moneyed elite of the aformentioned civilisations were responsible for these cultural and technical achievements. By today's standards, the majority of people would have been startlingly ignorant.
Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

1st of all I'm a Christian I'm perfectly normal please tell me how life came to be it was God's doing you should'nt critisize us because of are beliefs you can not belive in God if you don't want to just don't critisize us christians because of your belief is diffrent to are's

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

1st of all I'm a Christian

Ok.

I'm perfectly normal

Did I imply you weren't?

please tell me how life came to be

This has already been explained quite a few times by quite a few different people throughout the thread. I'm not going to do your own work for you.

it was God's doing

No evidence, just opinion.

you should'nt critisize us because of are beliefs

I didn't.

you can not belive in God if you don't want to

I know, and I don't.

just don't critisize us christians because of your belief is diffrent to are's

Don't repeat yourself, and no I didn't do that.

In fact did you even read my post? Seeing as I spent all the time deciphering yours (hint: punctuation) it's the least you could have done.
Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

Firefly I actully was'nt talking to you I was talking to longanda

jjwood69
jjwood69
134 posts
Nomad

The more science finds as to our meaningless lifes the more science proves that books, like the bible, were written so man could survive with his fellow man in a violent world. Before monotheism man worshipped many gods. Having an omnipotent god was a way of combining all the attributes of all the gods into one supreme being. Maybe you should study the Sumarian and Akkadian civilizations. When you read there religious beliefs you will realize that the old testament is a condensed version of there holy books.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

If God is omnipotent then he can do anything.

Can God create a stone that is so heavy that he can not lift it? If he can't make one he isn't omnipotent. If he can lift it then he hasn't created the rock that is heavier than him and that makes him not omnipotent.

Not to mention that a massive part of the old testament can be proven false. Anyone who actually believes in creationism doesn't know that evolution is a proven theory just like how the earth rotates the sun.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Firefly I actully was'nt talking to you I was talking to longanda

You might want to try quoting or saying '' @:[insert user here]''. Seeing as you posted straight after me, I assumed you were aiming at me.
zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

Windshift, if you think about it if your omnipotent you also have the choice to make yourself not omnipotent, and by choosing to make yourself unable to lift a stone a certain weight then you would also be choosing to no longer be omnipotent. So by choosing to create a stone He couldn't lift He would also be choosing to no longer be omnipotent.

Anyways what I'm saying is that part of being omnipotent is having the choice not to be, but would he choose not to be?

Also, by saying that a massive part of the old testament can be proven false your not proving it false so all your really saying is that you think it could be proven false. Not that it is.

Last but not least A PROVEN THEORY IS A FACT. Evolution is still a theory, not a fact!

Showing 421-435 of 881