ForumsArt, Music, and WritingBronze's random Art

607 212310
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

This thread is for me to post my art, mainly drawings.
So you guys just sit back and enjoy, and please feel free to make a comment. My first piece is something I usually do to warm-up.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/MrSmiley.jpg

Say hi to Mr. Smiley

• 607 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Interesting.
Hope the outcome looks good =)

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The Firetail Dragon of Many Colors

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/Firetail.jpg

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

That looks wicked, good work bronze

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I only have 2 feet?
Good thing I can fly than.
Are those flames my wings?

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The flames magically propel you through the air.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Without reading his description, I think he might have hoped for a western dragon with reptile smile and huge wings and all.
But what do I know.

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

Hm... I when I hear the word, Dragon, I always think something like this...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2e/Chinese_dragon.PNG/372px-Chinese_dragon.PNG

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

The Western dragon design is well known, and being a beast more than a guardian, that is the classic example of a monster throughout medieval time.
The Eastern dragon is more of a guardian, associated with water and sky instead of fire like the Western is.
Where the eastern is there to protect the water and the people who brings offerings, the Western took what it wanted and demanded more.

Depending on how you are brought up, either one of them can be the common example you have in mind, or if you are nerdy enough, you will ask "which kind" like I do.

SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

Which kind of Dragon do you like Cenere?

(Also, are Drakes considered dragon or of dragon descent?)

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

you will ask "which kind" like I do.

Well,when you only say you want a dragon with it's tail on fire that gives the artist a very broad range to deal with.
I'm taking all these requests to gain experience and for nothing really else, making the customer happy is a plus.

So for now on, if you want something done very specifically then write me a description, otherwise I'm just gonna try and do something unique that makes me happy and hopefully makes everyone else happy.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

(Also, are Drakes considered dragon or of dragon descent?)

Descent. Drakes along with lindworms are not true dragons. They are in family with the Western dragon, though the lindworms might be some hybrid of the East and West.

Which kind of Dragon do you like Cenere?

The Western, but not the typical beast image, rather than an intelligent being that is misunderstood by humans. If you lived for thousands of years, would you waste your time with petty humans anyway?
The eastern dragons are rather cool too, though. The emperor's dragon especially.

Well,when you only say you want a dragon with it's tail on fire that gives the artist a very broad range to deal with.
I'm taking all these requests to gain experience and for nothing really else, making the customer happy is a plus.

So for now on, if you want something done very specifically then write me a description, otherwise I'm just gonna try and do something unique that makes me happy and hopefully makes everyone else happy.

The weakness of all artists: To make both the customer and himself happy with the result.
Often, instead of assuming the customer knows what he wants, you might need to ask more in depth, especially if the request is vague like that.
SoulHack117
SoulHack117
1,845 posts
Nomad

[quote=Cerene]Descent. Drakes along with lindworms are not true dragons. They are in family with the Western dragon, though the lindworms might be some hybrid of the East and West.[/quote]

I didn't even know there was a dragon type called Lindworms... >_>

@Bronze,So Bronzie, gonna start on my picture of me and my GF? (PS, if you have trouble making her, just try your best, It doesn't have to be a BishÅjo girl.)

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Lol, only dragons that I care about are Smaug the Golden and Glaurung father of the dragons, and of course Ancalagon the Black.<----------LOTR NERD ALERT

Often, instead of assuming the customer knows what he wants, you might need to ask more in depth, especially if the request is vague like that.

Will do.

I call dragons wyrms, also don't forget about Wyverns.

@Bronze,So Bronzie, gonna start on my picture of me and my GF? (PS, if you have trouble making her, just try your best, It doesn't have to be a BishÃ...�jo girl.)

After the weekend.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Linnworm... Really big bad snake, often with tiny arms and no legs.

Lol, only dragons that I care about are Smaug the Golden and Glaurung father of the dragons, and of course Ancalagon the Black.<----------LOTR NERD ALERT

And I who only know Smaug. On the other hand I can give a long explanation of why dragons can be alive in the modern world, and not only in fiction. Along with descriptions of different mythological beings...

I call dragons wyrms, also don't forget about Wyverns.

Wyrm is the old ones.
Also: Drake: Small useless wings, if I remember correctly, and small arms too.
Linnworm: Snakey with little arms.
Wyvern: One set of wings, one set of legs.
There is a type seen in old paintings and the like that has arms and wings too...
Western: two pairs of legs/arms+legs, one pair of wings.
Eastern: Snakelike body, often a lot of atributed from other animals like antlers. Short arms and legs. Either three or four fingers.

And I think I have been nerdy enough now > <
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Hmm, this is making me hope the next ASC is for dragons, but I'm sure it has already been done, but sometimes classics like dragons should be done over and over.

Also, in the name of dragons, check out Johne Howe's Forging Dragons. It is a great book (I have it.) Also, that is just the first website I came across, so if you are interested, look around, I got it from the book store.

Showing 166-180 of 607