ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1347996
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

the PS3 is the best game system also the PS3 console is wireless and you can tilt it and stuff in some games to make things move

cyler63
cyler63
19 posts
Nomad

360 ftw. it has better looks and gameplay. the games like halo 3 and GTA, the games are SOOOOOOO COOL.

Hamstertime
Hamstertime
24 posts
Nomad

I think the XBox 360m is a better console. XBox live is extremely easy to use and the microsoft points system is pretty convenient. I also really like the avatars. Its really fun customizing them and threre are a lot of options to choose from. Not to mention that there are a lot of games and game add-ons that are 360 exclusive.
But The Wii also has a lot going for it as well. Its a lot more interactive and has a lot of games that are fun to play, while giving you a pretty good workout.
I haven't played a PS3, so I don't think my opinion would really count for much.

xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

I'll make a little list for you

Best hardware:

1st Playstation 3.
2nd Xbox 360.
3rd Wii

If you want me to get technical about hardware just ask:P

Best Games:

Opinion. (Seriously it's true!!)

Best Controller:

Opinion.

Best Online Service:

Opinion. BUT I've tested all the consoles on my own internet connection and in my experience the Wii has the worst speed. The 360 got most adds and other spam. The PS3 acctually was fastest (in my experience)

I did test all of them at different times NOT all of them at the same time.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

I personally prefer the ps3. I have all three systems (i know gaming nerd =P haha jk jk). The PS3 just has the top notch games, graphics, and online play that i like. Whenever i play halo 3 online i find that i always end up playing with ppl who have nerdy voices (sry i know it sounds harsh but it gets veryyy annoying after a cpl games) or kids who are 9 who shouldn't be allowed to play... The wii is actually a pretty chill system. I said some bad things before, but then they came out with the conduct... and this fps was amazing.
Also the reason xbox 360 is so cheap is because the programmers didn't spend time fixing the system, which is why there is the rrod... Horribly made system imo. but yea it goes ps3, wii, and then xbox 360

steelman981
steelman981
3 posts
Shepherd

well i think they are al good because xbox 360 has great games PS3 has great graphics and sometimes i just wanna get off my butt and play we to get active but thats just my opinion

P0dunkk
P0dunkk
3 posts
Nomad

xbox 360, because it has way better titles like Gears and Halo. The Wii is too family friendly. the ps3 only has a few good titles.

DamagedFox
DamagedFox
71 posts
Nomad

I owned an X-Box. Didn't like it.
Prefer PS3
As far as games: X-box is pretty far up there, I think most can agree,
although most of the games I prefer to play happen to be on PS3.
As far as quality, it's just a fact that PS3 tops all of them, not to mention the power of that Cell Broadband Engine.
Those that argue about dependability, don't forget the approximate 30 to 35% fail rate.
I also think the PS3 look better, but that's a personal opinion.
Although it's a fact that the PS3's internal power supply is much better looking.
As for the wii.. I agree 100% with seven_11. It's just a phase. Everyone was excited about motion control, and standing there flinging your arms around like a tard.
But you can't put the Wii down for innovation. They took the steering wheel and jerked it hard to the opposite direction of the other consoles.

But when it boils down to consoles, my personal opinion goes to the PS3.

Two thumbs and big toes up to 'BenTheBozer'. Get a good PC, and you'll blow them all out of the water 5 times.

ninjajrs
ninjajrs
12 posts
Nomad

xbox fail rate is 54% now
Xbox is great i love it due to halo and gears
Ps3 is great better quality
my favorite games are the call of dutys
(cant wait for mondern warfare 2)
overall
Xbox360 8.5/10
Ps3 9.9/10
wii -999/10

thereallyepicfail
thereallyepicfail
2 posts
Nomad

wii is my favorite but PS3 is the best when it comes game and graphics

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

xbox fail rate is 54% now

I just read a Gamepro article (and they aren't sponsored by any console, so they only tell the truth.) that said the fail rate is 1 in 6, and it's only that high because of the old consoles still out in homes. Remove them from the equation, and the fail rate was only 1 in 30 or something.
iliketycoons5
iliketycoons5
15 posts
Nomad

wii because it gets you active insted of sitting on the couch all day (i am a bit overweight)

buzzmerin
buzzmerin
227 posts
Nomad

This depends on what you consider in a console. The wii is the most revolutionary. it can help you lose weight, it uses no wires for the controllers so jerking wont make it fall, and it has many games appropriate for kids. X-Box 360 has good graphics, games for adults, and Halo. PS3 has good graphics, games for adults and children, and can play blu-ray. They all download games, witch is cool, and my favorite is the wii, handds down.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

lets just put the wii in the trash can for now... shall we?

I only know of three games that make the PS3 a beast. LittleBigPlanet (which i couldnt understand), Killzone 2 (a CoD rip off if i may opinionate), and MGS4 (which i have to admit, was fun).

The PS3 does have "free" online, it comes with it. But consumers also have to purchase wireless/wires to connect to their computers/routers/modems. Combine that with the price of the PS3, and you've got a big-ass wallethole.

Ah, the Xbox 360. Home to the #1 FPS, Halo 3. Home to the #1 3rdPS, Gears of War 2. Home to the #1 Family Game, Viva Pinata (that game is beast!). Home to the #1 most voted Addicting game, replayable game, and survival/horror game, LEFT 4 DEAD.

Now that we've adressed games, lets address the RRoD. The xbox elites NEVER fail, and the Pros only fail 1 in 30, as stated b4. The Arcade well, was the FAIL Xbox 360. Dont get it. just dont. you're just buying a red ring.

I want to address now, LIVE vs Network. With the new update to Xbox Live, permitting Games on Demand, an Avatar Marketplace, Avatar awards, and MORE netflix/other videos, that truly set it above the PlayStation Network. An older update, the "New Xbox Experience", opened up parties. Parties are these little vocal chat rooms which can be used to talk to different people playing different games at the same time. the PS3 does not have Vocal Private chat, of which was a default in the ORIGINAL 360.

My brother got a PS3, and was all psyched about it. After a week, he sold it. he said he didnt get the same amount of fun, cuz the communication was shitty, the games were dull, and he missed his Xbox buds.

PlayStation 3 is good, but not as legendary as the Xbox 360!!! It has lived for nearly 4 years, and that's how long the PS2 lived before PS3 overshadowed it, along with GameCube/Wii. I think that with new DLC and the such, The current generation of video gaming will last for at least... seven years. The xbox will definitely out-life the wii, as will the PS3. But with the PS3 selling the least amount of consoles, and te Xbox selling the 2nd most of the three, its safe to say that the Xbox 360 is a console that will stand the test of time.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Now that we've adressed games, lets address the RRoD. The xbox elites NEVER fail, and the Pros only fail 1 in 30, as stated b4. The Arcade well, was the FAIL Xbox 360. Dont get it. just dont. you're just buying a red ring.

EXACTLY.
THanks alot for that. The only reason Red Rings are still being reported is because there is still alot of Arcades in homes. The only XBoxes that are failing are the old ones and the Arcades.
Showing 76-90 of 5035