ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1002306
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

But i was talking about the unstoppable defence, nothing 5 sakatas couldn't handle behind the 1 hover tank with dozens of medics healing it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Hover tanks are missle resistant too, as well.
A couple of missles can't kill hovers with meds.
Also, hovers suck against groups of snipers.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Also, hovers suck against groups of snipers.

Eh......

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Maybe i should requote the defence i said.

Hover Tanks + Sakata Mk II + Blackqueen + Medics = the unstoppable combo. Why? because sakata mk II counter every air unit your opponent throws at you. Hover tanks are decent against infantry and even more effective against chronite armored. Blackqueen stops sniper build up. Medics heal your hover tanks and sakatas so fast, that if your opponent nukes, they heal their life back before the second nuke is launched.

1 blackqueen will destroy the snipers in 1 shot and because it has the longest range out of any unit it won't be harmed (maybe by missiles but i could always build another one).
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Ok, if you insist on making gladiators (forget about phantoms) is there any good way to make them go toe to toe vs hovers?

I haven't tried this so maybe somebodies knows, How does a Sakata handle a hover one on one?

Eh...

Of course dudeguy if you leave your snipers in front of an advancing group of hovers, you got to hit and run with them.
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

I haven't tried this so maybe somebodies knows, How does a Sakata handle a hover one on one?

Both of the sakatas die to hover tanks in a few shots.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I believe Sakata Spiders and MIIs get killed in 2 - 3 hits from hovers.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Do Sakatas (ground) not even dent the hovers health?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

They usually get killed before they get in range Bronze.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Downfall of the spider.

Will 5 marines kill 5 marines?

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

What Firetail said, almost never sakata spider will get a shot off on a hovertank 1 on 1.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Will 5 marines kill 5 marines?

That totally depends on the player's micro. First the player has to hold position when they get in range before the other player does (holding position gives the unit greater range than advancing). And if the player's micro is good enough, send on marine behind the lines and advance again and repeat.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

5 marines will get killed before they even get in range to fire at the base though :/

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Lol. Obviously. Firetail, i have a question for ya. What do you think is a really effective defence and why? (not the one i said though :P)

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Well I just wanted to know about the Sakata Spider, It is one unit I really never use, and if I do, it is in such a big army I never notice it's performance. Maybe if you could make a path for them to get to their fort, then maybe...well idk lol. Phantoms and MK II's are all you really need from a forge, glads are nice, but hovers own them to quickly.

Showing 136-150 of 6563