ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1004585
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Black queens have rather weak anti-air missles and sort of suck against base. It takes like 3 anti-air missles to kill a scout.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

until i charge you kill the medics then fall back and attack you units

How you gonna charge through 7 hover tanks and 5 sakatas with a blackqueen? I'd love to see that lol. They'd die before they get past the sakatas. Even if it did work you'd have to have a major blast radius unit which all of them are too slow. (Blackqueen doesn't count because of the units are near the front of my base, the range will be so great that the blackqueen will still be in front of my hovertank.)
Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea your medics will do real good way behind your army as your making it seem. and you act as though i would only have like 1 type of unit.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Black queens have rather weak anti-air missles and sort of suck against base. It takes like 3 anti-air missles to kill a scout.

Blackqueens are better than missiles though. If you need 1 missile to take out an army that is very large, you'll most likely use the blackqueen over the missile because that same blackqueen will be able to be used again. But against the base, it indeed has slow fire rate on ground, but it does as much damage as a missile does to the base.
Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

missiles do crap against the base.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

yea your medics will do real good way behind your army as your making it seem. and you act as though i would only have like 1 type of unit.

No unit can take damage from hover tanks and survive for a long time.... Not even gladiators. Name the units that would be able to just walk through the sakatas and hover tanks. It has to be a blast radius unit because the medics will the medic your attacking if you have a single target unit.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Bronze, I'll 1 vs 1 dogfight you
Tomorrow.
As a competition match.

Don't know why we can't team up...I love team work.

If covered by a bunch of scouts they help break through, and I think Jerry gave a good example with his story.
Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

Name the units that would be able to just walk through the sakatas and hover tanks

hovertanks. in the circumstance we set up it is pointless to discuss counters. rather we should be talking more on the micromanagement side. as that is the only way you could win a battle like this.
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

So your saying, if you charge lots of hovertanks, then attack the medics, and back out and attack the forces.... I could simply build lots more of hover tanks and destroy your force.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

*facepalm*

i didnt say that i told you what could walk through satakas and hovertanks. you keep going back to the original point. now, lets stop talking counters in circumstances WHERE COUNTERING IS NOT AN OPTION.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Let me try and see if I can figure the formula to beat this defense, lets throw rebuilding units out for right now, a mass force of Sakata Mk II (maybe supported by meds) to survive through the hovers and kill the queen(s), then maybe you could hit and run with snipers to take out the hovertanks, then you have no ground support.

Otherwise the only other thing I can see happening is making an equal force as yours and just microing better.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Let me try and see if I can figure the formula to beat this defense, lets throw rebuilding units out for right now, a mass force of Sakata Mk II (maybe supported by meds) to survive through the hovers and kill the queen(s), then maybe you could hit and run with snipers to take out the hovertanks, then you have no ground support.

Now all i have to do is move my queen behind the rally point and let my hover tanks take care of your Mk IIs.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Now all i have to do is move my queen behind the rally point and let my hover tanks take care of your Mk IIs.

That is what I planned on, I said I needed my MK II's to survive until they get into range.
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

But when i move the Blackqueen back, the sakata must move further towards my army and they will be killed because of my hovertanks.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea satakas would be the main option, and hover tanks or someunit to drive off the queen. then surprise you with phantoms. and hovertanks.

though this strategy would require very good team work.

Showing 166-180 of 6563