ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1002322
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Kakashi, I played with you and we freaking lost...
And the guys who keep saying jews suck in the lobbies...

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

i want colony to have more influencial things to get. i love being communists for their influence cause its more fun then winning easily with facasist. but when i get 100 influence, i can spend it on a moded phantom cause of the buildings i have, and thats about it. can we add more influencial things, krin? or let 100 influence give you 200 of a recourse? or make 100 influence make something instantly that normally takes a while... idk but add something for it?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

There's modified Sakata, special ops team, 10 meds and modified phantom. Enough influence units.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

*steals firetail idea*

Modded Gladiator.
it can fly
decription:
watch out chuck norris.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

That was simply a joke...

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

There's modified Sakata, special ops team, 10 meds and modified phantom. Enough influence units.

Why is one made from the solar grid and not the treasury? So I think one should be added to that...maybe the flying glad. I do agree with Renegade too, influence...well doesn't really have much influence on the game, so maybe lower the cost of special units, or make some units cost a little bit of influence along with money, mp, and energy.
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

This is all great stuff and I plan to try and implement as many ideas as we can. We're finding out ways to add a friends list system, as well as Rank privilege. I thought maybe you could get more Influence options the more Rank you have, and maybe increase the Rank cap.

Some ideas are also to enable 1v1 mode where you control 8 bases, even though it will count as controlling two separate forces. So essentially it will be like playing 2 players, but an Armory on the red base won't let you build an Arsenal on the blue for example.

After doing that and some more fancy stuff, I'll leave Colony be for a while and use what I've learnt to make the next online RPG game

Unfortunately my laptop as smashed recently and so I have to wait for Apple to repair it before I can do any of this

Krin

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Holy **** Krin posted in my thread!

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Wow good to hear Krin. Your keeping up with your games. I hope your laptop gets fixed soon!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Why is one made from the solar grid and not the treasury? So I think one should be added to that...maybe the flying glad. I do agree with Renegade too, influence...well doesn't really have much influence on the game, so maybe lower the cost of special units, or make some units cost a little bit of influence along with money, mp, and energy.

Yes, but if that was to be added I think there should be an expensive influence resource building.

This is all great stuff and I plan to try and implement as many ideas as we can. We're finding out ways to add a friends list system, as well as Rank privilege. I thought maybe you could get more Influence options the more Rank you have, and maybe increase the Rank cap.

YAY!

Some ideas are also to enable 1v1 mode where you control 8 bases, even though it will count as controlling two separate forces. So essentially it will be like playing 2 players, but an Armory on the red base won't let you build an Arsenal on the blue for example.

Will you have double the resources, though?

Unfortunately my laptop as smashed recently and so I have to wait for Apple to repair it before I can do any of this

You should make it quick, as some people are starting to lose interest in it.

And if it's ok, make chat mods, and can I be one?
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Lol. You'd be a great chat mod firetail! And possibly No_Stress as well. If you remember i've played with you before and no stress. Also i might, if i have the time, post a basic unit counters and build and strategies.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

No_Stress quit Colony.
I talked to him on Kong.

And I already make a walkthrough on basic unit counters.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

he did? hmm.... That's kind of a shame. He was nice and a good player too. . Where's the thread for basic unit counters? I'm going to include strategies and builds into it with large perception. Will also add micromanagement to it too.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Oh wait i think i've seen it.... But it doesn't give exact detail on it if you know what i mean (no offence though).

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

It does give exact detail.
What part is it unclear?

Showing 31-45 of 6563