Forums

ForumsFlash Games

General Colony Discussion

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 4:00pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

To be honest the viewpoint used is a bit awkward to me, not to mention the guide is in old-fashined double space form. But it seems fine.

It is really quite easy to 1v2 noobs and win.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 4:15pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

I am attempting to bring some players back with this guide; I wanted to build on the Colony story and make the Multiplayer seem like it happens long after the last mission. It makes sense, but I do think I might have overdid the story portion. The main reason for the approach I took is that I am giving readers a scope of the guide and why they should read it.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 5:11pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

Well the main thing is that you say it's an introduction to the guide, but really it's just a story.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 8:23pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

You must not know me well. I like to do the impossible. I don't think there is a guide out there that is in a story format. Remember, I am the guy the won a game after 90 minutes because I created the roman spam/wall.

I will admit, I am afraid of the task I have started because how ambitious it is, and how there are really no examples I can go to for guidance. The only thing I have is the game this time, so I won't be able to go on and on about statistics. The trick is what am I going to do next? Believe it or not, that first part was actually a 1st daft with no planning, which came to be from a spontaneous thought.

Apropos to this discussion, I realize what I have so far may be odd and might not sound right, but it is only part of something much bigger.

Posted Nov 17, '12 at 11:43pm

NubSauce

NubSauce

15 posts

I agree with soccerdude in that it seems more like a supplement to the background story than a guide of any sort, but I'm interested in seeing where you take it next

Strategic tips? A senior officer advising a newbie?

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 8:26am

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

That's half of what I am going for. It is true I am trying to provide a storyline to the multiplayer, but I am attempting to throw together a really good guide along with it. I will admit, the Basic (part 2) is going to take another day or two. I am still trying to make the units, structures, resources, and governments explanation interesting. It's so difficult not to talk about f(x) cost a/b/c/d and you can make units 1/2 and upgrade it into g(x). That is just really boring, and I can't stand writing it, so I am just getting creative. I will say that this next part will just explain the basics. I am going to work on it for most of the day.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 9:20am

PowerOfSauce

PowerOfSauce

517 posts

I created the roman spam/wall.

Look YOS, I'm sure you're a dandy person and all
but that is so bs that I don't even know where to begin

Believe it or not, that first part was actually a 1st daft with no planning, which came to be from a spontaneous thought.

Did you expect us to be impressed? Personally, I'm not.

so your ally in one battle might turn on you and fight you. You can't trust anyone after you land, not even me; unless they are fighting with you.

f(x) cost a/b/c/d and you can make units 1/2 and upgrade it into g(x)

what the actual hell are you talking about
throwing in random function notation doesn't make you sound smarter, im sorry

I am going to work on it for most of the day

then i sincerely hope that it'll be pretty **** good
how long did you spend to make that first part?

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 12:36am

fission12

fission12

63 posts

We should all play colony more for winter break .

Unfortunately, I have lags, (1-0.5 sec persistant ones), and I d/c a lot when somebody missiles a lot of things . Also, I might be a biiit rustie. However, the people on in colony right now I could probably 3 v 1... Makes me sad how bad the people who play this are xD. It would be cool if we could get colony going again. I probably should round up geppie from stickland :P.

-fiss

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 7:49am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

I'll be able to play sometime for the next five days for break

Unless I'm enjoying quality time with my family.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 4:19pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

Someone good get on, I'm dying out here.

"Don't rush, build up huge armies and fight, it's more fun that way!"

"You cheated, you made a sakata with only a level 1 forge and a solar grid!"

Help me!

Reply to General Colony Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!