ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 2557096
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

Whispering Through Trees
The Dark Haze Glides Silently
Disturbing The Breeze

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And why did I not get a mention last time?

Lots of people did not get a mention. I think it actually was explained too. "Too short time".
Titlechangeright?
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

@Bronze: Good idea. I'll have to wait to ask Carlie about the merit. At the end of the month, she should be back. But if there is no merit prize by the next judging or at all... the winner will get to pick the theme. One thing though, it must be nature-related.

@Cenere: I asked NoName

marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

Into the haze gaze
For you will not have the chance
For you will see clear

Ughh fail i know i am just bored right now.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Cenere: I asked NoName

Yes, I noticed, but since he did not act upon it, I asked Strop.
I think Nemo has been offline a bit, which is understandable considering how many users hating him.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Oh, thanks. I was going to ask him... but he said he only wanted to deal with urgent spam reports... so I didn't.

I can see why NoName isn't on much... after all those threads calling him a nazi and other crap that day...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh, thanks. I was going to ask him... but he said he only wanted to deal with urgent spam reports... so I didn't.

It is a little easier for me because I actually talk to both him and Zophia (asked Zophia last night, but she couldn't access AG).

I can see why NoName isn't on much... after all those threads calling him a nazi and other crap that day...

Along with siding with trolls, saying he is bad mod, that he is going after a selected few and not appreciating that he usually is the one active mod.
It is a little sad.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Along with siding with trolls, saying he is bad mod, that he is going after a selected few and not appreciating that he usually is the one active mod.
It is a little sad.

Sorry... didn't really understand that. I appreciate the fact that he is usually out there all the time taking care of spam and stuff. Sometimes, he locks threads when I see no actual reason to do so :/ But at least he is doing a good job!
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Ok, gonna go off topic here, but let it be known that I highly respect NoNmae as a mod. I think people with leadership responsibilities have to be stern sometimes. You can't always joke around. NoName does his job well, and he shouldn't change his style of moding just because some little kids get mad.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Sorry... didn't really understand that. I appreciate the fact that he is usually out there all the time taking care of spam and stuff. Sometimes, he locks threads when I see no actual reason to do so :/ But at least he is doing a good job!

He is.
And I apologize if the title change stuff looked like I was being c-cky.

Ok, gonna go off topic here, but let it be known that I highly respect NoNmae as a mod. I think people with leadership responsibilities have to be stern sometimes. You can't always joke around. NoName does his job well, and he shouldn't change his style of moding just because some little kids get mad.

He is young too so no wonder if he takes it close once in a while. Many of the other mods do too.

But yes, sorry for taking you contest off the rail with that.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

And I apologize if the title change stuff looked like I was being c-cky.

No, definitely not... at least you got the title changed, thanks.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I just hope I get a mention this time. :P

Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Eyes

Small hazy windows;
Little portals into our
soul. What do you see?

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/Wepic_in/Haze.jpg

Pois0n
Pois0n
27 posts
Nomad

Psst... Dudeguy... This is a haiku contest, not an art contest.

Showing 211-225 of 5299