ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3067763
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I guess I'm not, eh?

Dammit, do you people have any patience?

I'm late one day, and you all break out in complaints about it. Seriously, my life doesn't completely revolve around AG.

I'm tempted to not judge at all, thank you very much.

Now, before you complain further, it will be tomorrow.

NOW NO MORE COMPLAINTS!

lazerlemon
lazerlemon
76 posts
Nomad

Pardon my language but who the hell do you think you are? Your a day late on something you knew was your responsibility and your supposed to be the angry one? Your opinion isnt gold , anyone could judge this contest and you have the nerve to try and hold it against us by saying your not gonna judge. Nobody cares that you were late and you should expect people to question where you are since you have been a day late.Instead of spasing out you should have just apoligised for being late or heck, just go on with the judging. Thats all i have to say about that.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Pardon my language but who the hell do you think you are? Your a day late on something you knew was your responsibility and your supposed to be the angry one? Your opinion isnt gold , anyone could judge this contest and you have the nerve to try and hold it against us by saying your not gonna judge. Nobody cares that you were late and you should expect people to question where you are since you have been a day late.Instead of spasing out you should have just apoligised for being late or heck, just go on with the judging. Thats all i have to say about that

Maybe 10-15 comments of complaining wouldn't have put me in a bad mood, now would it have? The entire last page is nothing but spam and complaining. None of it was remotely necessary. Did I know I was late? Duh.
lazerlemon
lazerlemon
76 posts
Nomad

Like i said if you were a day late you should expect people to "spam and complain". If you think about it some people come one this site a few times a day maybe more. They come back to the same thread without any results they will get hasty. Nothing to be in a "bad mood" over.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Now, before you complain further, it will be tomorrow.

Cool, I'm sorry that I complained however lateness tends to be one of my pet peeves...you did set a deadline and as a judge it was your responsibility to meet it. So all in all thanks for the heads up and sorry for the moaning and groaning.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Like i said if you were a day late you should expect people to "spam and complain".

I would expect it from maybe three days, but one?

Seriously, patience is a virtue. It's impossible for me to be on time every time, day in day out.

For anything. Life is something I happen to have.

Not a word more.

Cool, I'm sorry that I complained however lateness tends to be one of my pet peeves...you did set a deadline and as a judge it was your responsibility to meet it. So all in all thanks for the heads up and sorry for the moaning and groaning.

I set it three days prior.

Apology accepted.
lazerlemon
lazerlemon
76 posts
Nomad

Life is something I happen to have.

So do I. Consider me out of this contest. In fact consider me off this forum. I am not gonna deal with bitches like you on a site I choose to go to.I hope you have fun listening to the people kiss your ass in hopes of hearing your almighty opinion.The real kicker for me was the fact that you take the time to sit here, read and reply to people posts yet you still wont judge there work. Here is a tip for you and it rhyms so even people with the lowest of IQ's can understand it. "use your brain before you flame."
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Lazer chill out, you're gonna have an aneurysm we do this to have fun, take a break from the real world, yes he was a little late big f***ing deal.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

So do I. Consider me out of this contest.

It's somewhat funny you took that as an attack to you. That was me saying "Shut up because I happen to not be able to do something on time, but one day late shouldn't make you all go nutso."

"use your brain before you flame."

Never flamed you. Or anyone else, for that matter. I simply stated that you guys lacked a little patience. In a somewhat angry tone, but didn't flame you.

Not flame: Get some patience, now.
Flame: Get some patience, you mother fucking assholes.

See the difference?

Now, I will continue on my way. Good night.
iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

on time, but one day late shouldn't make you all go nutso

Actually when you posted that you were two days late and maybe I overreacted but you got to expect people are going to be mad.
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

orin, congrats on 1000 posts, and for all those people who are complaning, he was busy ok.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I'll get you guys all fixed up now, like I promised.

1) Parsat
2) Sourwhatup
3) Freakenstein
4) Dudeguy
5) Teeheegirl

There, I'm done. Parsat wins.

marioman327
marioman327
290 posts
Nomad

So what's the next theme

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

Wow Orion you don't need to get all worked up about it.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

The same people are always in the top five.

Showing 811-825 of 5299